Rate thread. pic is of my xmas eve pizza before I put in the oven

rate thread. pic is of my xmas eve pizza before I put in the oven

What happened to the bottom left corner?

Sadly, it's not going onto a pizza stone in an oven preheated to 550F for 1 hour. Your crust will end up a thick piece of chewy bread.

Nice try/10.

too light on the sauce, but looks good

Fuggin rad
Making xmas pizza here too, first one went in to the oven just a few minutes ago

But is right, get a pizza stone man. It makes a surprising difference when used correctly (pre-heated at 500f and covered in cornmeal before the pizza is transferred to it).

WILL YOU DEMONSTRATE THE FINISHED PRODUCT?

decent 'mas 'za

I just ate it, it rocked

And the qt3.14 trap girlfriend just pulled out the first from the oven. Its a pizza-mas miracle.

>my boyfriend just pulled this out of my ass
fixed that for you

Post "girl"friend

Show your outcome from a pizza stone please. It will be much better than OP's, I'm sure.

>pizza. stone.
550F at 1hr? What are you making charcoal?

1 (ONE) hour?
napoletana takes 5-8 minutes at 450-500C, al taglio 20-25 minutes on stardard ovens preheated at 250C

This. Please.
Yea my man, I heat up the oven to 550F and use a cast iron pizza pan and it takes less than 10min. In 1hr it would be charcoal I think.

>replying to the caps lock fag

kys

He's heating the oven and stone for 1 hour before cooking the pizza you fuckin retard

1 hour of pre heating is fucking overkill/pointless, 15 minutes tops unless you have some shitty oven that takes forever to heat up (which is more likely a broken thermostat then anything)

I made this the other day. Pan roast chicken breast, sauteed potatoes/cherry tomatoes, Caesar salad. Thoughts/constructive criticism?

This. What a bunch of retards.

looks good but a but heavy... all that starch with all that protein in the same meal?

id double the green portion and make one meal with starch and another meal with protein.

do you pan fry first so you can get that golden brown color?

Yes, good 2 minutes each side, then transfer the pan to a 400 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness really. I use the same method with fish/beef tenderloin.

Cool thanks

Although for Salmon I use a 450 degree oven and the cooking time is much much less because you don't want to dry it out

>all that starch with all that protein in the same meal?
Is that a weird thing to do? Roasted red potatoes with garlic and thyme + chicken is a classic meal for me

It's not weird

not weird...just not in accord with the body's digestive normal capacities.

???
Explain.

Maybe if you're a sissy

>15 minutes tops

nah, 15 minutes minimum. I've made hundreds of pizzas from scratch. You want that oven VERY hot, and the 550 max of your average home oven is best when pushed to the max with a longer "preheat". Get that stone fucking HOT. An adequately heated oven/stone vs. an almost well heated oven/stone can make a really big difference in the surface of the crust. Also, I've found to make that dough oily on the surface that will touch the stone. That is how you get an almost glassy crunch layer. I still fail a lot of the time, but when I get it right... I swear its like a glass shard-like crisp layer on the outer surface and stretchy gluten heaven innards.

>ITT: Retardation much higher than normal Veeky Forums levels.

Apparently, the wise men have started their trek to Bethlehem.

well not a sissy, the body can take it but it is a waste of energy. starches need an alkaline medium for optimal digestion, proteins an acid one. so they will block each other and make the thing take longer, be incompletely done and require further work in the intestines.

one can do it but it will take your energy unnecessarily.

My oven takes no longer than 10minutes to hit 550F. What type of mickey mouse ovens you guys have?
Do electric ovens even take 1hr to hit 550F? Never had an oven take long to hit 550F, longest I remember is 15minutes for some propane oven at my summer home. Then I have a electric oven in Europe that didn't even take long to preheat to 285c or whatever it was.
I know a pastry chef who opened a pizzeria, he somehow does this every time to the bottom crust. I once got it right using ghee, never tried it again, but damn, I know what you mean, it's perfection.

>Do electric ovens even take 1hr to hit 550F?
Nope, mine only takes around 7-10 minutes to heat up, then I give it a few more minutes at that temperature to fully heat up the stone to it's core.

Its not as fast as gas, no, but unless your element is jacked up its not exactly slow either.

You obviously don't know anything about using a pizza stone. Enjoy your digiorno

Try cast iron brah. Pizza stones are a pain.

how on earth did you simultaneously overcook and undercook that za?

Thats flower on the edges man, Its not undercooked. It help keep the dough from sticking to the wooden pizza peel so you can smoothly transfer it to the stone.

>few more minutes at that temperature to fully heat up the stone to it's core.

the stone is not being heated to it's core in that amount of time.

your Pizza in Portland OR. isn't quite pizzay enough for me

>Tomatoes on potatoes

Why?

kys Veeky Forumsfag

rate plz

Rate my goose'za

Because it's delicious and convenient. Don't be one of those guys who cries about how it's technically a fruit so it doesn't belong

I've always wanted to cook goose for Christmas eve dinner how much more difficult is it to cook over chicken or turkey?

It takes more time but its not really difficult. Needs a night of drybrining and about 4 hours in the oven. I stuff it with a mix of onions and apples.