Help /ck., my gf wants me to make ratatouille. I dob't like vegetables much, what's the best way to make it

Help /ck., my gf wants me to make ratatouille. I dob't like vegetables much, what's the best way to make it

Other urls found in this thread:

jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/classic-ratatouille/
food52.com/recipes/14155-alice-waters-ratatouille
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dump her. It's a pleb dish.

If you want her pussy so much, you would at least be able to Google/YouTube not ask Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums thinks a burger should be salt/peppered on top of the meat instead of inside it.

>Veeky Forums thinks a burger should be salt/peppered on top of the meat instead of inside it.

Except that's the right way to do it you sack of shit

add a pinch of brown sugar and pay attention to layering the veg, it makes a difference.

kys my dude, there is no hope for you

The proper way to do it to make a mixture of salt, pepper, cayenne, some ketchup, and some eggs (for a typical ground beef batch, that would be like 2), and some dashes of cinammon.

You then sear it one side, flip it, put sharp cheddar (original or white) or whatever cheese you fancy.

You then get some buns from your local bakery, toss your condiments, your meat, and hopefully some truffle oil.

Mixed leftover juices from bacon and burger into frying pan and make delicious fries. Sprinkle with fresh ground salt, very little pepper, and add your condiments (for me, it's a mixture of mayo, ketchup, a dash of lemon, and some olive oil.

ragouts and caponatas are better than ratatouille

>pleb dish
>talking about "the proper way to make a burger"
>on a ratatouille thread
You're funny and I like you.

If you don't like veggies that much, OP, go hard on onions and bell peppers. Maybe roast them for a few minutes in some olive oil before tossing them with your eggplant and tomato. I personally like to put a shitload of Tabasco in there, some people here may call it heresy but I call it tasty. A good baguette and some red meat go really well with it too.

>saute red, yellow and green capsicum [yankaroonies might call these bell peppers]
>when half cooked add in chunks of zucchini and some nice fleshy aubergine- you don't want seeds in either really but especially not the aubergine, salt the aubergine and wash them before cooking to remove some of the bitterness
>you want to lightly colour everything but obviously not char it, unless you want to take time before to roast the peppers
>add in some nice vinegar or a dash of stock and let it simmer for a minute and then serve

Now you can either throw in some diced tomatoes which I hate doing or you can toss the nearly cooked vegetables in a tomato sauce that you can prepare alongside the ratatouille. Just blanch some romas and mash them with some garlic, olive oil, basil and oregano, salt. Start simmering it as you are chopping up the vegetables.
I usually have about an equal proportion of onions-peppers-zucchini+aubergine and then just enough sauce to coat the medley. So maybe for two people that's one small pepper of each colour, half a dozen tomatoes, one zucchini and aubergine with seeds removed and a large onion.

Some nice wine and crusty bread go well but I'm most often satisfied having a pile of the ratatouille next to a nice medium rare ribeye.

>calling burgers a pleb dish while wanking over a glorified stir fry casserole

it is though. it's just a mixture of veggies roughly cut (or sliced if you want to do it like the movie) and tomato sauce.

You are as the darkies say "my nigger".

both are pleb dishes but with good technique they can be great

Like seriously, you're stupid for asking Veeky Forums in the first place, and stupid for not realizing hoe stupid easy it is to make this dish. In fact, the only difficult part comes from properly cooking the eggplant since it's kind of hard to cook thoroughly properly. Aside from that, like the other user said, it's just a glorified dish that is popular because of the movie.

eggplant is actually very easy to cook and make delicious. saturate it in olive oil.

ignore these turbo kikes OP

>starting a post with "my gf..."

fuck off to reddit

>it's a Veeky Forums gets triggered by roasted vegetables episode

the level of faggotry in here is off the charts

inaccurate pepe

that's the novice way of doing it. I am done with Veeky Forums for another week. later.

I'll post whatever pepe I fucking want

do it faggot

Let me guess you like to sprinkle salt and pepper on the burger meat

fucker

I do basically this but I put the sauce in a dish, add the vegetables before they're done and grill the top in the oven.

just do this
jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/classic-ratatouille/

u can thank me later

>housewives guide to olive oil cookery

>Jamie Oliver

KYS

>anyone wanking over anything here but you
Yea it's a pleb dish, nowhere have I said it isn't. I helped user with his request instead of being a smug fuccboi like Shit, I forgot this is Veeky Forums and we can't have nice things here. Let alone have a nice discussion about something I like.

Make lecsó and stew aubergines/eggplants and courgettes/zucchini in it. Lecsó is pretty similar to (but infinitely tastier than) ratatouille.
If you don't mind meat, you can add dry smoked sausage to it or, alternately, you can make mixed meat meatballs (beef, pork/chicken and veal) and poach them in the lecsó alongside the aubergines and courgettes.

To make lecsó, you wine-caramelise roughly 2.5kg of sliced peppers and ,5kg of onions together in lots of lard (or oil) then add tomato concentrate and paprika to the cooking fat and stir it about a bit. Next, add stock, bring to the boil and lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Let it reduce on its own. Once you lower the heat, that's when you can add the additional ingredients, such as the other vegetables or sausage/meatballs.

I use ham stock for my lecsó but if you don't eat pork, chicken stock works fine. If you don't eat meat at all, vegetable stock is good, too.

White or rosé wine or apple wine (almabor) are best for lecsó but red wine, Western-style ciders or sweeter beers can work in a pinch, too. I've once use a combination of apple juice and white wine vinegar to great results in making lecsó, as well.

Hope this helps.

Cook the onions first, then add the other veggies from hardest to softest. Let it rest 12h the reheat before heating.

The best thing is too make twice as much as needed, eat half, congeal the rest.
When you want to eat the congealed leftover add more fresh veggies so you always have too much.

Protip : Cook some potatoes inside the ratatouille pot, have your wife eat the veggies and treat yourself with ratatouille Infused tats and a steak.

the picture in the OP is food 52's write up of alice waters' rattatouille, whichi s probably the best version i've had: food52.com/recipes/14155-alice-waters-ratatouille

However, i wouldn't make rattatouille now because most of the vegetables aren't in season so it'll taste pretty flat, but if your gf wants it, do what'll make her happy!

Prep each veg separately to elevate it a level. Roast tomatoes and garlic cloves in the oven in a low temp; brush peppers with oil and grill unto blackened, then peel (save the juices for the sauce), char grill the aubergines (which you have presalted and drained for an hour), slowly sweat onions for 15 mins, season everything as you go then combine everything in a casserole with a bit of puree and oil and bake gently to amalgamate the flavours.

This is great in the longer term but the guy's GF probably just wants a simple ratatouille tossed together.

What would a Hungarian do with half a leg of ham?

>it sounds french
>Veeky Forums goes all defensive

stay pleb morons

hurr iz french iz suk, make boorger instead to make amerikkka great agin liberty friiiiiiiiiies ketchup on steak hur

Nothing a little MSG can't fix

it doesn't suck, but it's literal peasant food and just a simple vegetable stew

only americans raised on miracle whip and mac and cheese believe a dish involving multiple vegetables is "fancy"

No one has said ratatouille is fancy. It's a nice comfort dish, goes well as a side with almost any meat, and even vegetable-haters liked it when we I served the stuff.

So anyway this is a little perplexing.

It's not the point whether it's fancy or not you dumb fuck, it's just damn tasty.

Search for Thomas Keller and ratatouille. He is the 7 michelin starred chef that was consulted for the cartoon. I think there are people making on youtube if you don't like words.

>I dob't like vegetables much
Okay so the first thing you're going to want to do is become an actual adult.

Jfc people calm down. Well I took your advice and here's the result.

Was alright, but everything was still crunchy. If I had more time I'd have let it simmer for another 20-25 minutes.

looks like vomit.

my first advice is wait until late august through september.

that's when those ingredients are in season..

more like a person who didnt give a fuck about making proper ratat-whatever the fuck its called.

you fucking mong

Cut tomatoes, zuchinni, eggplant (green pepper if you want) into fairly large pieces (I find that small pieces give a bad consistency).
Then put everything in a pot with a nice little fuckton of olive oil, rosemary, 2-3 bay leaves, and a little salt and pepper (not too much).
Then on the stove it goes, medium heat.

You serve it over white basmati rice so it absobs all the juice. Heavenly.

Next time, just... just bake it.

I mean, your girlfriend asked for ratatouille right? You're so sweet, you end up making it. Then dinner time rolls around and you slap a glob of this shit on her plate.

"JUST AS YOU WANTED HONEY, ENJOY"

If I were her I'd say

Just a reminder that OP is someone who gives advice here.

Next time you ask a question, all of you, remember that.

FUCKING RAW!

yeah those veggies look raw... wtf how long did you cook them OP?

Made it a little while ago for my family . Idk why everyone is getting so assblasted because it's French. It's just a veg stew not gourmet food.

Fuck off Oliver.

Egg does not go inside a burger

How is that a stew? That is just a bunch of roasted vegetables, I am confused.

It's a stew under a layer of sliced vegetables

Propper way to season a burger is to sweat onion and garlic on low for 7 minutes and then add the seasoning there and cook for two more minutes and mix with the ground beef and anyone who does it any other way deserves to eat his burger out of a doggy plate

When making vegetable stew like ratatouille, it is imo important to get as much of the water out of the veggies as possible.

I usually dice the veggies really small, using bellpepper, eggplant, zucchini, onions.

Saute in small batches over high heat with salt and pepper, make sure you get the water out of them and a bit of browning going.

Add to a common bowl or kettle or whatever dish you have available.

Heat up good tomato passata with garlic in it, thyme, oregano and basil if you wish. I wouldn't use fresh tomatoes, as there's too much water and they're usually quite bland where I come from.

Mix it in with the cubed and sauteed veggies.

Finish with fresh garlic, fresh basil and EVOO, and salt and pepper if need be. Maybe add olives.

Serve as a side or on bread.

Would feed to dog/10

>ratatouille
It's fucking amazing.
Make sure you use enough salt.

I did it again using the oven method. Worked out way better, was delicious and required less effort.

I seen that doggo before in another thread

>The proper way to do it to make a mixture of salt, pepper, cayenne, some ketchup, and some eggs (for a typical ground beef batch, that would be like 2), and some dashes of cinammon.

Eggs and cinnamon? Really you fucking mudnigger? You're a crumbled burger bun away from making a god damn meatloaf.