Does anyone here suffer with severe acid reflux like me? How do you adjust your diet to help reduce the effects?

Does anyone here suffer with severe acid reflux like me? How do you adjust your diet to help reduce the effects?

kek enjoy your meth mouth

I started getting heartburn to the point where it was getting tough to breathe. Immediately reduced fried/processed foods, completely cut out tea/coffee and all sodas with only the occasional seltzer. Also significantly increased water intake. I'm sure its a bigger problem when it goes from "heartburn" to legi Reflux but its a start.

I've noticed when I have heartburn/acid reflux it almost always involves tomato sauce. orange juice or a carbonated beverage.

Do you get it all the time ? keep track of the meals that give you problems and see if you can eliminate any problem foods

>How do you adjust your diet to help reduce the effects?

By avoiding my triggers like pic related.

Try pepcid or omeprazole. If your reflux is severe you'll need them

I dont know what acid reflux is but if I wait too long to eat I get like 8/10 stomach stabbing pain for the next 4-6 hours and have to lay in the fetal position even if I eat

dont know if this is normal or related

I eat more antacids.

>be 300+ lbs at 21 years old
>bad acid reflux making it hard to breathe
>start counting calories and basic exercise
>get down to 190 lbs by 23
>acid reflux goes away
>undergo severe heartbreak
>spend a year getting shitfaced daily, drinking pots of coffee and binge eating
>back to 230 lbs and burping up blood when drinking

Scared it's not going to go away this time, desu

Totally normal.

I used to get acid reflux a lot but I've identified trigger foods and stay away from them.

Famotidine and omeprazole work wonders, but it's best to take care of yourself by means of healthy diet and lifestyle if possible.

How much soda and fast food do you eat?

For some people even a healthy bland diet can cause reflux....hell even water can. Safer to just take famotidine and not get Barrett's Esophagus

My reflux is so severe that omeprazole, even high doses, is trivial

Hence "...if possible".

What is your diet like? What meds do you take and how much (even OTC/vitamins/tylenol/etc.)?

I hope you see a doctor about this issue and it is being monitored.

stop eating garbage

when was the last time you saw someone eating rice and veggies get acid reflux? never?

its always the fatfucks slamming chilidogs and burgers isnt it

typical diet changes:
fats
acids
spicy

typical lifestyle changes:
not being fat and lazy

typical medication choices:
start with antacids like TUMS
then try famotidine
then try omperazole
then see a doctor you fat fuck

Lets do something reasonable like chewing your food to what is a good healthy amount which means taking small bites of food and chewing it to liquefaction as nature intended you with immediately find that acid reflux isnt much more than being a lazy shit who doesnt chew well try chewing gum after every meal

The saliva in your mouth counteracts the acid in your stomach basic cause and effect science is ready to ignore for profit rx''''''''''''''''

drank soda for lunch then chilies for dinner

carbonated drinks, man. That is the problem

I get acid reflux from veggies. if they're mixed with other stuff it's all right, but any meal that's mostly vegetables is a ticket to acid town.

I have GERD and my dad had it very severe, tried to learn what he avoids to help me. Orange juice and peanut butter are my number one heartburn foods followed by tomatoes. Chocolate and mint as well.

I do. I eat pantoprazole like candy and its fine that way.

I have that too. Pantoloc, avoiding eating late and also not eating certain foods are keeping it in check. Nuts, bell peppers, chili, raw onions and choclate make it worse for me. Also, sleeping on the left hand side keeps the acid from refluxing. Additionaly you can drink lots of water to help dilute the stomach acid. There are some pills that contain carbonate and smelt in your mouth - these help too.

I get it sometimes when I eat something like pic related, which I am eating right now. Got my TUMS ready in case I need them later.

Strangely I can eat incredibly spicy and oily sichuan chinese and not be effected. Pizza, on the other hand, gives me heartburn almost every time

avoid mint, caffeine, alcohol, and tomatoes

also lose weight you fat fuck

It is possible that you have a pancreatic tumor or hiatal hernia then, I suggest you get a consult with a surgeon ASAP

t. MD

>coffee
what's wrong with that?

Coffee causes acid reflux in a lot of people. Hot liquid, caffeine, acidic, etc.

caffeine is the devil for GERD

>you can hear the stomach acid eating away at your esophagus

Go on without me lads

I think I get it occasionally but I'm not sure if it is heartburn since the medicine I was recommended by my doctor didn't do anything at all.
It feels like bubbles in my stomach along with a sharp burn along my chest and is unbearable.
Usually happens hours after I last ate food.
Any ideas? Is this similar to your heartburn?