Memes aside how do you cook the perfect ateak...

Memes aside how do you cook the perfect ateak? I have some super fresh and expensive steaks that i really wanna cook well for my people

We need to know more than that, Cretin.

Is sous vide a meme? Because it's literally how you cook the perfect steak.

I too like sous vide but calm down man. It's not the only way to make a good steak.

Yes, it absolutely is a meme. Wood grilling is the best way to cook a steak and I'd be happy to punch anyone in the face who seriously believes soaking it in hot water is better.

marinade in worcestershire, balsamic, olive oil, garlic and pepper. Get a cast iron pan really hot, little bit of oil and put it on there and don't move it around too much if you want to get a good sear, and baste it with melted butter a lot. Salt and let rest

However you like 'em babe

cast iron skillet put in oven at 400 sear on both sides put in oven on skillet for 2 minutes a side.

on a grill.

I think theyre sirlion? Theyre thicker than im used to buying. About 3.5cm thick.

I was considering sous vide but every sous vide steak looks boring as hell to me, and they cant work with marinades from what i can tell.

Is it still useful to use a probe if im using a pan? I actually dont have a grill anymore. I guess id look for 80 degrees c in the middle?

>memes aside
>on Veeky Forums

Man. You're asking alot.

>is it useful to know the internal temp of my steak, the temp which matters for determining the doneness of the steak

Nope.

Actually i hate writing that, but theres been a shift in responses thats been happening for about 6 years. Of course there was always "memes" before but now theyre the same old jokes. Usually id expect someone talking about jelly bean milk steak and possibly a mcchicken joke. Yeah we get it but it was never funny.

To cook a steak to medium rare, constantly monitor the temperature using an infrared thermometer. When the thermometer reads 130 degrees, Fahrenheit, remove the steak from the heating element and allow carry over cooking to bring the steak to a perfect medium rare.

It should be gloriously red and juicy on the inside, just like your first time.

Bait

>literally what professional chefs tell people who don't have extensive experience cooking steaks

Internal to 125, then let it finish on the plate is more accurate. get a needle thermometer.

>steak
>taking the internal temp

You already overcooked it, ya dingus.

As a microbiologist... Well done. I want that steak to have a crisp.

you don't put it directly in water, you seal it in a plastic bag

HOT PAN
OLIVE OIL

PAN HOT

It depends on how you like your steak. I like mine Pittsburgh rare, which is charred on the outside and cold rare in the middle. This means that rather than use a conventional grill, I use the starter chimney. I get the coals nice and hot, then put the grate on top and use a bellows to force air through the coals until the grate starts to glow. Then I take my steak which I've rubbed with melted butter and coarse salt and I put it on there. I leave the steak on for a couple of minutes until there is a good character, flip it and serve it up.

Fuck you Faggot

PAN
NICE AND HOT

That's far too complicated; slow it down, you madman

>sous vide
>boil in bag but for 10x the cost

Pick both

Boil it in slightly expired milk for 2-3 hours. Garnish with jelly beans.

STICK OF BUTTER
INTO THE PAN

If you're a newbie to steaks, try it on cheaper cuts first before you end up wasting "super fresh and expensive steaks that i really wanna cook well for my people".

First step is seasoning the steak with salt and pepper. Then you take a pan and put your oil on it, let it get hot and place the steak gently on the pan. You should be hearing the sizzle. If not, take it out and wait for the pan to get hotter. Usually a good measure is 2 minutes per side, and don't flip it until it is ready. Add some butter near the end and baste over the melted butter to give it a nice flavour. Take it out of the pan, and leave it to rest on a hot plate, or leave it in an oven to finish it off.

You don't reach boiling temperature with sous vide, monganon.

Ribeye, 1.5-2 inches thick. 220F oven, place steaks on a cooking rack on top of a pan, and bake for 60 minutes.

Take it out, pat dry completely, season and sear on both sides for 20 secs on highest heat with groundnut oil. Serve immediately, this method doesn't require resting. My favorite way to serve steak is to top them with sliced garlic that's been fried with some butter.

This method works better than sous vide because the cooking rack allows the fat and juices to drip down, preventing the meat from getting pruned and mushy.

>boil
>sous vide
you know what to do faggot

non-cook here, I know the amount of cooking changes how soft the steak feels, but does it change how hard it is to chew up? as in, to chew into smaller pieces?

>but does it change how hard it is to chew up?

Yes.

my first time was more like a Kool-aid fountain

Dank Dubs there m90

which is easier to break up, steak that was cooked less?

Czeched

No shit they tell us "plebs" and "peasants" and "deplorables" that. It's how the so called elite keep their jobs, by feeding us filthy lies - literally in this case.

Don't listen to those ivory tower chefs because they sure as shit ain't interested in our wellbeing.

Assuming it's a good steak, yes. The more you cook it the tougher it gets.

>they cant work with marinades from what i can tell
I always use marinades when i sous vide.
put whatever you want in the bag with the steaks
works very well

Just cook it until there is no more blood, is this your first time cooking a steak?

Charcoal/wood grill arranged in a 50/50 configuration. Sear on the hot side till you like how it looks, move it over to the indirect heat with a knob of butter and a sprig of rosemary on top and cover it with the lid for 10 minutes which makes gives you something close to medium well/well done. The smoke does the rest. If you're a rare/ raw meat faggot obviously cut down on the time.

You're welcome. And no this is not a meme, this is objectively the best technique.

>this is objectively the best technique

This is where you're wrong kiddo

Dad get off the chan what the hell we discussed about this

shut up son, I just got done fingering mother beneath her stretched out yoga pantaloons

Wow me with your technique turbo fag.

order it well done

dad you're drunk and you're embarrassing me in front of all my friends here
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Season steak with salt and pepper, rub with high smoke-point oil
Let sit at room temp for an hour
Preheat pan over medium-high heat (maybe higher or lower, depending on your stove)
Put steak in pan
Sear until red juices appear on surface of steak
Flip
Repeat
If the steak is thick, you may need to put it in a 400F oven for a few minutes
When it's done, remove from the pan and let rest for a few minutes with a pat of butter on top.

Well that ended up being the meyhod i followed, perfect rare steaks, they were absolutely delicious.

Yeah basically this is what i did, added some fresh thyme and blck garlic. Only needed 5 minutes for them to cook

it's good when it's no longer shows any signs of being raw but still retains an adequate amount of natural juices that is not just added water

sous vide at 140 degrees for an hour, then seared 20 seconds each side

20 minutes in boiling water, fish them out, salt + pepper then eat.

im from Argentina, the dogma here is that if your meat is good you don't need to add nothing more than salt, what i'd do is of course grill it with charcoal, but if i didn't have a grill i'd slice it in about 2 cm thick put some salta and put it in a pan, when it's warm on the side opposite to heat, turn it around, that always a warranty of cooked outside, pink inside. would serve with some pepper, and cherry tomato salad. Burn red peppers on the flame until completeley black, peel the burnt skin under water in the sink, cut, garlic chooper very tiny, tomato, salt, dry oregano, olive oil, aceto, enjoy. For new years eve i'll make an asado on the grill, will make a thread about it to share how we do it down here