Philly cheesesteak

philly cheesesteak

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_v0bqZsoIOw
youtu.be/3jMhoGUiIkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you cant fool me that's horse

spamchovy

The fuck even makes a Philly cheese steak?

U can kys if mushrooms are involved

Looks delicious. So hungry now.

The 'authentic' cheesesteak is some serious poorfag food. Pic related. Gross, cheap, nasty Philadelphia in sandwich form.

Isn't it made with ribeye? I've only used top sirloin, turns out pretty good.
I like to freeze the meat, slice it nice and thin, cook it quick, then right before it's done put on whatever cheese I have on hand and melt it on top. Provolone, American, and provel work pretty good, I've even used nacho cheese, just to try it. I don't know about cheese whiz, seems retarded. I know it's not exactly a gourmet food though, so who cares? It's an easy, simple, and delicious meat sandwich with cheese and sauteed onions. Throw in green peppers or whatever mushrooms you like if you want to be a brave boy, spicy peppers work well with monterey/pepper jack and some paprika/cajun seasoning.
It's really just a fucking sandwich at the end of the day. Not sure why you think it's the pinnacle of Philadelphia, but what do I know, I don't live there.

this is america not the UK

I'm from philly and you're full of shit

>I'm from Philly

Opinion discarded. Go back to your trashy hovel.

Fuck you loser

What shithole you from queerbait

this is boston not la

youtube.com/watch?v=_v0bqZsoIOw

GROSS

Wow, Philadelphians over reacting and lashing out when someone points out that their city sucks. Big surprise.

Go Steelers.

>Go Steelers.
The Steelers ain't shit, you fuckers would beg just to get your shit kicked in by the Cowboys

Is this the apex of sandwiches?

Not from philly you just sound like a butthurt faggot over a city. You gonna answer now bud

Not butthurt, I just honestly love getting Philadelphians riled up. Their city is pretty crappy, okay airport though.

youtu.be/3jMhoGUiIkk

Name one sandwich Dallas is famous for. I'll wait. Enjoy getting cucked your first playoff game cowfucker

>Enjoy getting cucked your first playoff game cowfucker
Not gonna happen faggot, we're going to get that super bowl ring this year and next year too

The New York football Giants are in the playoffs this year, boys. You know what that means.
The home of the chopped cheese is getting a ring.

You're from Philly and you live in shit.

filthadelphia fags are actually proud of using cheez whiz

grease

Autism

>flyover cheesesteak
>not cheese
>not steak

Philly is the epitome of flyover. The one dish they claim for fame doesn't even contain the ingredients in the name. The east coast and west coast consider them equivalent to Jackson, MS and Chicago doesn't even acknowledge their existence. Pathetic.

I like you

both mushrooms and green peppers are allowed on a cheesesteak beyond the traditional meat cheese and onion base

don't be a faggot

bad tacos

provolone or white american for the locals, wizz for the tourists

it is written

Philly cheesesteak is cheap processed shite.

What you need is the superior Steak & Stilton butty.

Wiz on a steak is what kids get. Get a nice mild cheese (like a Dietz and Watson american). For the meat I like nice thinly sliced ribeye. The roll is the most important part. An Amoroso roll is the safe bet, you can get em everywhere and they are always good. I tend to prefer I little more bite to my rolls then Amoroso's have but thats just me.

With all that said, do whatever the fuck you want with your steak. Only autistic diego's get bent over it. Place right down the street from me bakes sesame seed hoagie rolls in house, they do a pepper jack cheese and a dash of steak sauce. One of the best steaks in the city if you ask me. Another place around me does it on garlic bread. Sky is the limit.

Only bad steaks in philly are places like wawa and shitty pizza places, all the shitty pizza places steaks are the same, chopped meat way over cooked, shitty roll, shredded mozzarella cheese.

Also a nice roast pork with broccoli rabe is another great sandwich that you can get all over Philly. In some ways I think it's more Philly then the CheeseSteak

fugg muh dick

God, I read that entire post in your horrible, grating, marble-mouthed Philly accent

italian beef

Provolone is the best cheese

>tfw you move to Chicago after living in Philly and Chiagoans try to claim these garbage sandwiches are good

At best they're shittier versions of cheesesteaks. The only good Chicago food is deep dish. Thin crust is too sweet and theres only like one place in the entire city that can make a Chicago dog that isn't complete garbage

Me want

Chicago is shit, you've got that. But Italian beef's are greatQ (especially with sacreligious cheese!)

italian beef is good, but dunking the sandwich in the beef water and making the bun soggy is fucking retarded.

I wouldn't feed a shitadelphia cheese steak to my worst enemy

This is what I always think of when someone mentions Chicago cuisine.

It is truly a shit-tier city.

No it's not. That would be Stilton.

>The only good Chicago food is deep dish.
>deep dish
>good

kys right now faggot

>Some faggot that has never had deep dish pizza

Its not Chicago's fault. It is a (decently) big city so it does have a lot of the things you expect from a big city. But the problem is its surrounded by a wasteland of no culture.

So there are people innovating or bringing in new things, but theres nothing around it to compare to. So you get all the food trends but they typically are thoroughly mediocre with people hyping them up simply because they don't know any better. In places like New York or Tokyo theres tons of other big cities right nearby where stuff can come from and if its not as good as whats nearby the place closes because people know whats actually good.

If a Korean Fried Chicken place pops up in Chicago people are just happy it exists because its different than the dozens of extremely mediocre restaurants that are 10 years old that should have never made it past their first year.

What shitty hipster place do you go to that puts stilton on their cheesesteaks

I don't. I live in England , so have a myriad of real cheeses to choose from for my steak sandwich. And not one of them comes in a spray cannister or in little plastic squares.

>English guy trying to brag about his food tasting good

Also a steak sandwich and a cheesesteak are totally different.
Steak sandwiches are usually a waste of a perfectly good steak

>#1 steak sandwich made from real steak and real cheese

>#2 minced beef sandwich made with plastic cheese

I think I'll take a the real food at #1, please.

>watching monkeyball

philidelphia is the worst place I have ever been to. I drove in specifically to get a cheese steak too at one of your over hyped tourist traps

had better cheese steaks out of gas stations

why would you intentionally go to a tourist trap?

This. I hate going to Philly. Agree totally about over hyped.

Now going into Pitt and getting a Primanti's and a Yuengling on the other hand...

I liked pittsburgh much more, people were friendly and I got one of those primanti sandwiches. It was pretty good

I was congested the entire time I was in the city though

Yinzer, here. Primantis are seriously overrated in my book. Unique, yes, but generally pretty bland.
Also
>Drinking yeungling, a Philly beer, in Pittsburgh
>Not knocking back a bucket of these bad larrys

Haha, Pottsville isn't Philly, but I know what you're getting at. I like that beer too, but Yuengling was on my mind and being from NEPA, it's everywhere here. Didn't think Primanti's was bland, I loved it!

You obviously have never had a cheesesteak if you don't think a cheesesteak is made with steak so why are you commenting on it.

Atleast those New Yorkers who shit on deep dish have other good food to point to

Literally everyone in the city knows Pats and Genos both suck. They make you wait in insane lines, slop your sandwich together without any care or allowing for any customization, and then charge more than the actual good places like Joes or Jims

Is it acceptable to have a cheesesteak with actual cheese and not fucking cheezwiz that shit is disgusting

Only tourists get it with cheesewiz because theyre the only ones that fell for the marketing cheesesteak shops pushed in the 80s. Wiz is significantly cheaper than real cheese but they charge the same thing no matter which you get.

The way places like Pats and Genos slops their sandwiches together by just putting the cheese on the bottom of the roll and putting the hot meat into it ensures that the cheese doesn't even melt if you get a real cheese. A good place will put the cheese on the meat on the grill and put the roll over top.

>not provolone

>Lived in brooklyn
>Local deli was clean and good
>Would come in and get their philly all the time
>Muenster and colby jack
>FUCKING DELICIOUS
>you could get any cheese you wanted on it
>charged 50c more for anything that wasn't american after awhile though
>They put the cheese on top as they are grilling the meat to ensure it melted

thank you based yemeni ackbars

>Jims
>Good

If I wanted to buy mediocre cheesesteaks from a drug front I'd get them for like 3.50 from a papi store

yes.
Provolone master race

yeah. that.

seafood gumbo

this is a reduction from previous photo. i added it to the stock which is in the background before continuing the cook and adding the chicken (no i didnt have andouille) and the crab and shrimp.

Joes is the only cheesesteak in the city I've had that is better. Whats your goto place?

okra in, chicken in, shrimp and crab waiting til it's done simmering. about an hour more and i might post more to put all ya'll to shame. i'd have posted this in "cajun" thread except they're pretty fucking autistic over there.

My goto is just a local pizza place for convenience, not destination worthy.

In terms of famous places I've had the best steaks from Dalessandro's and Max's, but I've also had only OK steaks from the latter, I think it depends on who's working the grill that day.

as far ass the steak and cheese. my father owned a steak sandwich shop for 17 years. it's definitely ribeye or top round. it's def prov and not wiz. it's def not a steak and cheese if it's got a bunch of other shit, save for onion. pepper steak is almost as good as steak and cheese.
thanks for having me in your thread.

>Max's
I automatically respect anyone that says Max's because they do have really good cheesesteaks but you have to be a real philly dude to be comfortable at Broad and Erie, especially after 9pm.
However Chubby's is better then Dalessandros so fuck you.

you'll keep your weird fingers outta there, cunt. ;)

>anything but provolone wit

The place I go to uses steak, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, white American cheese, and mayo.

Never had a breaded steak sandwich? It's popular on the south side.

>w-w-what about Joliet?

This is pretty much true though. I live in the far southwest Chicago suburbs on the border of the county, and if I drive 30 min south or even 20 min west, it's literally farm land, until you hit random towns like Decatur.

Breaded Steaks are fucking solid.

Looks like a dnp addict jizzed on your mother's pussy

Disgusting.jpg