Are these things a scam?

Are these things a scam?

Yes.

Never bought one so dont know how much value it is perse but the old lady brought one when she moved and it kicks chicken and ribs pretty good, tastes like fried chicken without all the time and oil fried chicken takes, basicallu set it and forget, find one cheap and buy it

I've had these, and my biggest gripe about them is their longevity. Then again, anything that generates heat and rapid motion is bound to fail.

I paid like $40 for one, and it lasted me two years.

Question is why the fuck would you need one?

Aren't you on Veeky Forums because you like cooking? Why would you buy shit that not only makes you spend less time cooking, but also comes at the compromise of taste.

What a worthless piece of plastic. Won't even look good on the counter.

How the hell do these things work? They just generate heat? How is that any different from an oven?

>my biggest gripe about them is their longevity

I've gone through several. It doesn't matter who makes them, they don't last much longer than a few years. They are convenient, though. Just buy the cheap ones.

BTW, NuWave ovens are both the most expensive and shortest-lasting ones.

Now and again. Veeky Forums is just the best place to ask. On a typical worknight no, I liked to get it over and done with then watch TV.

They heat up almost instantly and use less power than a regular oven. They're great for re-heating things.

Well I live in a flat that I share with someone else. We don't really have space for a deep fat fryer and using a pot (both really) means lots of oil. I' rather not have a big oil fryer sitting about at the ready all the time.

But at the same time I miss being able to have fried food like I could get at home.

It's basically the middle-ground of ovens.

They work on the principle of convection heat. Yes, there are convection ovens, and there are smaller convection toaster-ovens.

They're ideal for things that are way too small for an oven, and way too big for a toaster-oven.

No. They are amazing.

I bought one and haven't looked back since.

>and way too big for a toaster-oven.

Like what?

Some of us are actual cooks at a restaurant and don't feel like cooking once we get home

>I' rather not have a big oil fryer sitting about at the ready all the time.

What's the difference between having a pot of oil sitting around ready for use versus having this gimp contraption sitting around ready for use?

One is full of oil. The other I can store in a cupboard and isn't full of oil.

Why can't you store a pot full of oil in a cupboard? Do you have some kind of strange mental hangup about that? Put lid on pot. Put pot in cupboard. What's the problem?

So? Just eat a fucking sandwich. You don't need to eat shitty chicken wings because you don't feel like cooking. Just eat food that doesn't require you to buy a shitty plastic oven to make.

If you're indeed a cook, then surely you'll see the logic in this. Otherwise, you're just a shitty low-wage onion peeler.

I only have space in the pot drawer to store them stacked. And the only cupboard my place has is a vacuum/utility cupboard. Which I'd rather not leave a big pot of oil in, and my flatmate definitely wouldn't be happy with that.

I still can't comprehend how you have space to store OP's appliance but you can't store a similar sized pot there. Makes no sense. If you have room for one then you have room for the other. What exactly is the problem with putting a lidded pot in the utility cupboard? If you can put one food-prep device there then why not another of equal size?

t. someone who hates food

t. cabin boy who doesn't know how to make a good sandwich

If you're stuck choosing between a well-made simple meal or a shitty plate of dry chicken, and you don't pick the first option, you should probably just discard your pots and pans already.

FOOD and cooking.

If you could have food that was as good as frying but have it faster and with less hassle, why not do it?

That being said, these things are supposed to be trash.

>eat the same thing everyday

You're telling me you're gonna blow money on a plastic oven specifically to bake shitty chicken wings presumably often enough to warrant buying the oven in the first place, and then you rag on me for telling you to make a sandwich, something that literally requires zero tools.

Jesus christ, mate. Sort yourself out please.

>these only cook chicken wings

Holy fuck you're autistic.

And how many dishes can you make on your bench without the shitty plastic oven? Why can't you just use a normal fucking oven? Why can't you just buy a portable oven if you don't have one? What fucking purpose does that shitty plastic junk serve apart from making you look like a giant kitchen dumbass?

Suit yourself, mate. I'm sure you'll enjoy your tool. Hell, it might give you some company, seeing as you are one yourself.

>he's still going

>I don't have a single rebuttal that would float in this conversation, so I'll just call you autistic!

Reminder that having poor communicative skills is very autistic.

Stop watching cable TV (if that's what you mean)

Stop it, autist.

They're pretty good. It's like a middle ground between a microwave and an oven.

Roast beef, whole chicken, duck, etc.

The poultry *might* be able to fit in a toaster oven if I quartered it first. But in case I want to keep it intact for presentation's sake (such as holiday dinners), the glass gimmick-oven is more to my interests.

they're ok, but you're slightly limited for space, so you can't exactly cook chips for four.

Honestly, they're not even that good for chips/fries.

They tend to stick together. Like you've said, limited space, so the fries touch each other. You could space them out, but that would reduce portions even more.

I dont think so, I've got one and it works quite well