Is a hotdog techically a sandwhich

is a hotdog techically a sandwhich

Yes

*technically
Sorry guys, being a mong there.

It's more of a 3D pizza, but pizza is a sandwich, so yes.

No. To make a sandwich, you have a filling and bread below and above that filling.

hot dog is bread either side of the filling, with a hinge below.

no.

It's a contentious debate, like whether Zelda is an RPG, or whether King Of The Hill is a sitcom, or whether fucking traps is gay

By that logic subs hoagies cheesesteaks etc are not sandwiches either

Orientation (above/below vs sides) is irrelevant. It's still a filling between two pieces of bread.

See, the way I view a hot dog (some people call it a "dog" unironically), is like a game of chess (it's like complicated checkers)

A fine balance between the varying classes of the players. The Upper Class tier, would be a bratwurst with mustard and tomato sauce, whereas the "worker bee" tier is your average frankfurter with pickled onions. You often find these being sold from "carts"

Traps are gay. That's not even a debate at this point.

Im pretty certain that if two men are having intercourse its gay, does not matter whether one of them is wearing makeup and pretending to be a girl.

is a sloppy joe a burger?

Correct. Take a gold star on your way out of class.

Orientation is the difference between a sausage sandwich and a hotdog.

If you can't grasp that, I'm afraid you're not equipped to participate in the debate.

What happens if you tilt your head while eating a sausage sandwich? Does that make it a hotdog?

Yes, I'm a fucking retard, sorry.

Pretty excited to see you tilt your head and try to eat a sausage sandwich like a hotdog without looking like a dick desu.

a hot dog is a pita pouch, technically

No, Yes and Yes

Zelda is clearly not a Rocket Propelled Grenade, silly user.

>A female rocket propelled grenade

Where is muh sexy animu

Why would KOH not be a sitcom?

>what is sealing one side of sandwich

You lack gourmet skills user

Propane and propane accessories can be serious business.

>excited to see the sausage sandwich in OP's original post sealed on one side and consumed as a hotdog?

>French
>not a Royale with cheese

Non, c'est le Big Mac

A hot dog is to sandwich,
that drizzling is to rain.

The idea behind it is the same but uses different descriptives.

That's a serious fuckin' answer there user. Go post some dicks somewhere as atonement.

I find I very difficult to feel empathy towards people that aren't attractive

Of course it is a sandwich.

To stop further meme-threads shitting up the board, the following are also sandwhiches

>burger
>pizza
>calzone
>burrito
>taco
>pancake
>chimichanga
>kebabs

i make hog dog sandiches with BIG LOAF bread

If someone identifies as a girl they are a girl. Period. Asshole.

I identify as a bald woman with a penis and a prostate that constantly needs pounding.

>period
>physically incapable of having one

Not a girl

Hysterectomies, whatever condition Jamie Lee Curtis has, a third thing

is lasagna a sandwich?

Look pal, you can fuck as many traps in the ass as you want, but you're still a faggot

Yes

No, but Cannelloni is.

lolque.jpg

>turn sandwich sideways
>fuck, now its a hotdog
>throw it away

I believe that's a loose meat sandwich

Sounds more like when me and my m8 fuck your mom.

Dear god man, I'd never fuck them! It's just important to be nice to mentally ill people BC they know where to get the best drugs.
Note: the being trans thing isn't the mental illness, just, you know, every trans person I know is mentally ill.
*Cough*

Delete this

> flip a hotdog on its side
> put ketchup on either side of the bun
its a fucking sandwich
also all subs would be not sandwhiches because most of the bread is still hinged.

no its a casserole

being prosecuted and rejected by society and occasionally friends family and even themselves tends to fuck with ones brain for sure.

Hotdog
Bread
Meat
Sandwhich
If you take issue with this. You should just walk out and drown yourself in the smallest puddle of water near you. For the sake of the human race please.

Only if the bun is cut in half

i think of them as sausage submarines

The more I think about it, I think all 'prepared foods' (complex, assembled foods. Things you wouldn't find on, say, a food pyramid) fall under the category of Sandwich or Salad.

Hotdogs, corndogs, pizza, tacos, wraps, lasagna, spaghetti, cones of ice cream. All Sandwiches.

Soup, smoothies, omelettes, chilies are all Salads

Any food that is served on or in a bun/roll of any kind is a sandwich.

Fuck your technicality bullshit.

>is meat in a bun a sandwhich

Yes, now you can kill yourself.

i laughed at funy

is op technically a faggot

but salads are not cooked

so now this is a sandwich
Q.E.D.

>but salads are not cooked
noodle salad
rice salad
potato salad
meat salad
tuna salad
chicken salad
etc

None of them are cooked.

Costco calls this a sandwich, are they in the wrong?

>None of them are cooked
so you use raw potatoes for your salad?

No. cold boiled potatoes.

Salads can have cooked ingredients, but once the ingredients are put together there's no other cooking action taken

The real lesson here is that food isn't rigorously defined and as such has no real taxonomy, basically it's meaning is fleeting and predicated upon society and it's constructs.
There is no technicality here

Topologically a hotdog is a sandwich only if the buns are seperated. If they're still attached then the buns are homeomorphic to a single slice of bread (which isn't a sandwich unless you count open faced sandwiches).

>Something isn't a sandwich unless you count sandwiches

You is dumb.

No

brats are not hotdogs

Nothing is real. All sandwiches are an illusion.

Yes they are you millennial retard.
Now fuck off and go and make some more hilarious jack webms.

I can not stop laughing at this

Get a load of this fucking nigger

>>>/reddit/

No they are not, kiddo.

Have your parents taught you nothing?

define: hot dog
>a frankfurter, especially one served hot in a long, soft roll and topped with various condiments
define: frankfurter
>a seasoned smoked sausage typically made of beef and pork
define: bratwurst
>a type of fine German pork sausage that is typically fried or grilled

Look, it's very straightforward. Any dish which uses a dry, edible outer layer to contain another foodstuff in order to make that foodstuff easier to eat by hand without dirtying the hands is a sandwich. If the wrapper does not exist to make the eating easier, but it part of the cooking process, then that's a pie.

Hot dog? Sandwich
Pizza? Sandwich
Maki sushi? Sandwich
Cornish pastie? Pie
Calzone? Sandwich
Scacciata? Pie

>>but is part of the cooking process
>>Pizza
>>calzone

You just contradicted yourself there foolio. the crust on both of those is formed as part of the cooking process.

Cornish is a Sandwich.

As are burritos, canellone and kebabs.

Yes, it is formed during the cooking process. It is not, however, anything to do with the cooking of the filling, which would cook exactly the same on a baking stone without the bread. A cornish pastie or a scacciata, on the other hand, uses the dough to form a steam container, so the wrapper is involved in the process of cooking the filling.

Not 'the wrapper is also cooked' but 'the wrapper is required for the cooking of the thing in the wrapper'

>kebabs

How is 'food on a skewer' a sandwich?

Kebabs are served in a pitta/naan bread/wrap.

I'll allow that a kebab wrap is a sandwich, but that's the minority of kebabs.

Me and your two moms are a sandwich.

We're talking about pic related, not schwarma/doner.

Ah, I see what your point was now. Thanks for clarifying what you meant. (Though I still disagree with your definition)

>>pasties
You know that the filling is often cooked in advance for those, right?

Cornish pasties are shaped as they are so that coal miners could use the crust to hold onto the pastie while they are eating it.

Not for a cornish pasty, they're a PGI, the filling is, by definition, cooked inside the dough.

Myth, sorry.

No we're not.

Not a myth.

FACT.

>Myth
Learn your history, sunshine.

It's a myth, go read an actual history book. Cornish pasties are eaten from one end, usually straight from the lunch sack. Why would you take it out of the bag with your filthy hands when you can just eat it from end to end?

>It wasn’t until the 17th and 18th centuries that the pasty was adopted by miners and farm workers in Cornwall as a means for providing themselves with easy, tasty and sustaining meals while they worked. And so the humble Cornish Pasty was born.

>The wives of Cornish tin miners would lovingly prepare these all-in-one meals to provide sustenance for their spouses during their gruelling days down the dark, damp mines, working at such depths it wasn’t possible for them to surface at lunchtime. A typical pasty is simply a filling of choice sealed within a circle of pastry, one edge crimped into a thick crust . A good pasty could survive being dropped down a mine shaft! The crust served as a means of holding the pasty with dirty hands without contaminating the meal. Arsenic commonly accompanies tin within the ore that they were mining so, to avoid arsenic poisoning in particular, it was an essential part of the pasty.

>The pasty is now popular worldwide due to the spread of Cornish miners, and variations can be found in Australia, the United States, Argentina, Mexico, Ulster and elsewhere.

Wrong again, kiddo.

>lunch sack

In a coal mine, two miles underground? They used tin boxes, for obvious reasons.

First result on google, really?

Incorrect again, kid.

Look, my grandfather was a coal miner, and I know what he took his lunch to work in.

It was not a fucking brown paper bag, it was an extremely rigid metal tin. So did every other coal miner.

Do you think that they used polystyrene cups as well?

The only thing your grandfather ever mined for was Sanjeev's cum out of your grannys fat arse!

Ok, enough internet for today, snowflake. Time for napsys.