Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums.
I'd like to make my own cider but I have no idea what to do for that.
All I know is that I will need apples.

Have any of you done it and could either give me some good links or perhaps a detailed reply on what I will need and how I make my own cider?
Any tips and tricks as to how to make it better are muchly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14860
toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/327346-picking-fruit-from-public-trees/?page=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1) Apple juice
2) Yeast
3) Place together in a container with airlock
4) Wait for it...
5) Drink up thee zider

You also need to sing and shit I think.

I've done the same with wine and it does work, just make sure you siphon it out of the bottle correctly. Was looking into making cider with fresh apples but realized it would have been infinitely cheaper just to buy the finished hard cider or make my own from apple juice/soft cider

It helps.

Also if you have a leaky barn with some goats in it, make sure you ferment out there. It creates flavour.

>Cider
>Siphon

You can just pour it straight out if you want cloudy cider (scrumpy). Adds body.

>Was looking into making cider with fresh apples but realized it would have been infinitely cheaper just to buy the finished hard cider or make my own from apple juice/soft cider

I had a coworker who used to brew it from cheap apple juice from the supermarket. It worked surprisingly well, although not exactly a cider for the purist.

Some sediment is one thing but most people don't like their drinks full of dead yeast

I hope you realise you will need about 30kgs of apples for 10 litres of cider.

Have fun paying 60+ currency for the apples alone

I've made this recipe several times and it's pretty decent and really easy:

homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14860

It ferments out dry though, so it's not like most American storebought cider. If you want to make a sweet cider it complicates things - you'd either have to use some kind of non-fermentable sweetener or use some methods to kill the yeast before sweetening (which would prevent you from carbonating in the bottle).

I like drinking the dead who sacrificed themselves for my pleasure.

That's why you scrump wild apples user.

>Live next to n apple orchard.
>Just go there and steal bags of apples at night because the workers leave the ladders out.
>Free fucking apples.

but that's illegal

>Picking wild apples
>Illegal

Where do you live, North Korea?

More or less, jewmany.

...but there's nothing illegal about picking wild fruit in Germany.

toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/327346-picking-fruit-from-public-trees/?page=3

I've not seen "wild" fruit in the 40 years I've lived here, everything always belongs to someone even if it's just a single tree.
Maybe I just live in the wrong area.

It's only illegal if the owner of the orchard catches you.
That's why you carry a sidearm.

Seems odd. Apple trees will grow pretty much anywhere given the chance, and are happilly seeded by people tossing apple cores or by birds.

Not having your own trees

I was thinking about making cider myself as well.
Do I need to pulp the apples and press them?
Or can I just use a juicer?

>Pulp.
>Apples.

Unless you're some sort of traditionalist (I.e. brewing from natural yeasts) you just need apple juice. Use whatever method you like.

>All I know is that I will need apples.
laptops ?

I mean the jucie with the bits in it that you put in a press, don't know what you call it.

Cheers.

Don't forget to sanitize all the equipment that you use, to prevent germs from getting into and spoiling your cider.