/tea/

Post recent purchases tea friends

pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX

Other urls found in this thread:

verdanttea.com/teas/samadoyo-personal-glass-brew-cup/)
youtube.com/watch?v=hAi7JHHutDw&t=727s
what-cha.com/china-shandong-laoshan-black-tea/
white2tea.com/product/2016-fade-raw-puer-huangpian-brick/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was planning on getting a mug with a brewing basket. Thinking about this one (verdanttea.com/teas/samadoyo-personal-glass-brew-cup/) unless anyone can recommend something better quality and/or better value.

I would get something like that but I feel like making a mugful of quality tea would be wasting it. I use the gaiwan mainly

Is it really all the different if you use the same leaves/water ratio and steep time? I can't see how removing the basket and drinking it would have a significant loss in quality compared to pouring into another container and drinking it when all other factors are the same.
>select all images with tea
And of course none of them are tea. One isn't even a drink, it's a bunch of cakes.

No I mean I'd be making a mugful and using more leaves, I feel like making small amounts with a gaiwan is more appropriate for teas with delicate and complex flavors

These guys get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hAi7JHHutDw&t=727s

Alright, I can see that. I think while I was looking around I saw some smaller mugs closer to 100ml that might be more up your alley if you do want to consider one. I wasn't after those because I'm looking for something for general drinking with meals, while working, or doing other things. When I want to drink tea for the sake of drinking tea rather than because I want to something to drink and prefer tea I wouldn't use it.

holy fuck

I should definitely look into it, sounds convenient

My mum gave me a little tea guy for Christmas. It'll only really work with tea leaves, not bags. What are some cheaper tea leaves I can look for? When I was looking before they were all really expensive.

try what-cha, their teas are priced very well

Just ordered this bad boy (the tray)

Tea drinking is one of the gayest things ever. Drinking lightly flavored water and being a pretentious faggot about it. Why? To top it all off the more flavourful variants also contain very high doses of brain-damaging and cancer causing toxic halogens. Fucking trendy faggots giving yourself brittle bones.

>very high doses of brain-damaging and cancer causing toxic halogens
>toxic halogens
Wot?

>toxic halogens

>halogen
this niggas already been drinking too much tea, you can tell from the evident brain mush.

The pu got to his brain, its fermenting

My stepdad brought me some nicely packaged tea from china. I don't drink hot beverages very often though. It looks like similar to my image. Will it stay fresh for a few months if the package is opened?

Halogens are great leaving groups, just drink something that will be nicer, like oxygen or nitrogen in some sort of amine or something. Not dat dere carbon though, that gives cancer.

Yes, just limit the amount of oxygen and light it's exposed too. For example, place in a zip lock bag with air squeezed out and put in a tin.

Tea has large amounts of sodium flouride in it. If you wanted to detoxify the ground of flouride you would use tea plants to do it, they suck it up like sponges. Black tea is the worst, green tea is a little bit better, and white tea has the least amount of it.

Poisoned american tap water contains 0.7 ppm sodium flouride, even that is bad enough. The average tea has about 5 ppm. If we look at cheap black teas, you can even get hundreds of ppm. Note that there is no daily requirement for fluoride (especially not sodium flouride), any amount of it is bad, and it deposits into your bones and is accumalative.

Get shrekt.

Alright thank you.

We should ask ourselves if the fluoride in tap water is 100% identical to the fluoride grown in nature. I have a hard time believing man made synthetic fluoride is the same in tea plants.

It's not, but neither is the flouride found in teaplants. There is a lot of industrial flouride pollution in china, that the tea plants suck up.

Who gives a shit tho? You don't give a shit when it comes to every other thing you consume so why do you care so much when it comes to tea? Just like those guys only eating fast food then complaining about pesticides in tomatoes.

I do though. Besides flouride is especially bad as it literally causes brain damage and cancer. But if you want a balanced approach you would just stop drinking black tea, green tea and white tea are not so bad in comparison.

>Tea drinking is one of the gayest things ever. Drinking lightly flavored water and being a pretentious faggot about it.

Is it any different than wine connoisseurs or beer drinkers? Or even someone who loves studying on high quality cigars? It's all about focus with these beverage hobbies, people have a fascination with putting their taste buds through a challenge.

How often do you find pretentious tea drinkers in life? Do you see them while walking the mall or hanging out with friends? Chances are you don't, you just see it on the internet and it annoys you. Passionate tea drinkers are generally very shy about it because they know people like you exist to ruin our day.

The pros seem to outweigh the cons for tea health. Thousands of studies proven that tea is indeed very beneficial, however it seems it does have a dark side like most things in life. I suppose the best we can do is not consume a half gallon a day and ensure it comes from a good source in the world.

don't mind him, he's just crabby cause he spilled ketchup over his keyboard again

What benefits are there to tea? Show me this science. 99% of it is just because of the caffeine.

go read a fucking book you filthy pleb

kys nigger

>Show me this science.
>What is an antioxidant? I can't even pronounce that word!
Really, read a fucking book you mong.

>Or even someone who loves studying on high quality cigars?
Stop projecting

Am I suppose to feel like i'm about to get molested after starting to watch this video?

>here, consume this drink with some antioxidants and large doses of brain-numbing carcinogens, instead of eating all those healthy fruits and vegetables with way more antioxidants and not poison

ok senpai

>nu-males having a tea cermony, while doing ASMR

Wow color me surprised

>ASMR
Didn't even know this was a thing, just thought the two dudes in the video were just giant faggots.

I wanna get into tea for those times when I don't feel like washing my coffee equipment.

What's a good heavy tea that feels like coffee?

Earl grey is kind of a heavier tea but it also has a certain type of taste to it as well.

Pu-erh tea.

It's by far the most dankest of teas on the market.

>just thought the two dudes in the video were just giant faggots.

/tea/ has become /b/ and /pol/, fucking great.

Your on Veeky Forums, if you don't like bad words go to one of the other sites that are more tolerant towards shitty videos being posted.

What is /tea/'s opinion on Genmaicha, or on adding toasted rice to your tea?

I got a sampler tea gift set for Christmas and just tried the stuff for the first time. I'm in love with it already. The blend I got had too high of a ratio of rice to tea, so I mixed some other green with it to balance it out. With just a touch of honey and it was great.

Which are your favourite stores on ebay? Thoughts on ordering from China? Is Taiwan the best place to get tea?

Need bulk tea for every day drink. (I drink a 35oz french press)

Looking for stuff that runs

I asked about some of the bulk sellers on Amazon a few threads ago. An user said Davidson's gunpowder is good.

what-cha.com/china-shandong-laoshan-black-tea/

I just had some of this recently, lots of chocolate and coffee notes. Almost felt like I was drinking coffee

Genmaicha's pretty great

Sup, /tea/

I'm looking to buy a Matcha tea set off amazon. Anyone know of a good one I can pick up that's actually made in Japan?

Why is Japan so obsessed with matcha? Literally all their tea ceremonies revolve around the green powder stuff.

I bought this a couple of years ago, it has gone out of date but I still enjoy a cuppa every now and then.

I recently purchased a blooming tea pot and I'm currently waiting for it. Does anyone know if the flower adds anything special to the flavor?

>Girl at work offers me a cup of tea
>apologise and say I only drink loose tea so don't worry
>she gets curious
>asks me how loose leaf tea is because I've never had it
>want to make a joke
>want a good, and funny, response
>"i-it tastes much better, eve-thing is better loose"
>"WHICH IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T WEAR A BRA HAHAH!"
>she gets shocked and looks at me funny
>pretty sure she told the HR department
>have a meeting today

What are some good teas for an unemployed person?

Post a picture of yourself, i'm curious what you look like to help me understand why you said that.

it makes you gay

Get cuced anoom

got some Davidson's gunpowder in my cupboard right now. Most of the big amazon tea company's that sell bulk gunpowder are going to be pretty good in my experience.

kek. I think any woman with a sense of humor would have laughed, but those are few and far between. Nowadays they have to start screaming sexual harassment at a harmless joke so they can complete your emasculation.

No tea feel or taste like coffee. I want people to stop asking this question.

It wasn't funny, just semi-creepy. Don't blame your social retardation on pc or feminism.

t. The lord high emasculator herself.

>>"i-it tastes much better, eve-thing is better loose"

That's where the joke should of ended because it leaves it up to the imagination. It hints at a possible loose vagina joke.

I awoke this mornin and gonfu'd some White Peony. Honestly I can't find a single reason to drink green tea anymore because of its astringent grassy bitterness. White tea has all the goods of green minus the bitterness.

>>tumblr

>being uncharismatic and undesirable
>unable to charm women
>blame society
Stop being virgins

Stop being a hamplanet

Well that one user in a previous post is right about society and women nowadays. There's a Marxist propaganda machine that's heavily influenced academia and mainstream media. Ever noticed how women (particularly Gen Y & Millenials) become so easily offended and outlandish?

Hey /tea/, Im looking to replicate a certain bagged tea I get at trader joes. Its a ginger turmeric blend, pic related. Can anyone recommend me a similar "looseleaf" blend online that is top notch, or tell me how to make my own?

>Wonders why she herself remains a virgin when she emasculates every man that even hints at being slightly masculine.

Plus, you're probably a hamplanet, too.

>>reddit

green's all about the aroma desu

Check the ingredients and get them fresh/dried/their juice, does it actually contain tea?

>tfw my white2tea shipment finally came in
>tfw can finally have raw puerh again
Feels great. I look forward to trying this one in particular.

white2tea.com/product/2016-fade-raw-puer-huangpian-brick/

Anyone ever bought tea from AliExpress? Seems like some good prices on some different types, and makes sense to buy if I'm already buying other things. Thoughts?

Yes or no?

I am not sure if I would trust buying stuff like this from Ali. China is always sketchy and I'd rather not have them messing with my health by selling me bad stuff. Maybe there is someone who can tell you more about it though.

they've already started shipping food to poorfag stores. i've seen chinese minced garlic in dollar stores when i needed some and couldn't make it t a real store.

How do I get into puerh?

Buy a cake

which one
how do I brew it

Just get a few 25g samples and a cheap gaiwan from yunnan sourcing, a younger raw, an older one(from the wet stored folder, hk/banna) and a ripe.
Or get the w2t basics set but that is only raw and mainly young.

Placed my first w2t order a few weeks ago. Tracking still has it leaving China on 12/16. :(

Europe? The issue usually is it doesnt actually go direct to your country. The parcels usually get sorted in germany(iirc) and the tracking doesnt account for it until it reaches your country.

Reposting the pic from a few months ago of the tinder tea slut, is that user still around?

Tea noob here. When I drink green tea it makes me feel nauseous afterards, that extends for an hour or so. I really want to drink it more often but I feel awful later. What am I doing wrong here? ps I don't boil the water.

you may be using too much tea, or you may be steeping it for too much time
depending on the brewing method you're using, you might have to either steep some 3g of tea per 300ml of 80-85 °C water for some 2 minutes, or you might have to steep some 8-10g of tea per 150-200ml of 80-85 °C water for a minute or so
if that still gives you problem, than you're either using a poisonous tea or you're allergic (not literally) to green tea
>Post recent purchases
100g Taiwanese Li shan
50g Japanese Gyokuro
60g Fujian Da hong pao
wish me luck brothers

I see, looks like I'm using too much of it. I'll try brewing it like you said, thank you.

Usually happens to me when I overleaf on an empty stomach

Samefagging aren't you?

Not quite

What a dumbfuck

Lapsung. It's a bit smokey, which is the closest I can think of to roasted coffee bean.

I wouldn't buy it off Amazon. It's almost guaranteed to be cheap Chinese crap. For the bowl and spoon (if you want a special bowl and spoon) that won't really matter, but I've bought a Chinese and Japanese whisk before and that makes all the difference. I bought my matcha equipment off o-cha, and I can vouch for them (also, green tea in general-- I've been buying from o-cha for years)

Not sure, but matcha is pretty damn good. I think it's because matcha is made with the highest grade green tea leaves and regarded as the most healthy.

nigga who fucking cares i like it

if you go around with that mindset that you should only do certain activities that minimize health risks and nothing else then you're most likely not living a flourishing life, suppose that your claims are true

anybody else get this weird type of weird restlessness with anxiety drinking tea? It's different then coffee or soda.

I have trouble getting to sleep. Is there a tea for that?