Why the fuck has Cavatappi taken over as the default macaroni for Mac and Cheese in American restaurants?

Why the fuck has Cavatappi taken over as the default macaroni for Mac and Cheese in American restaurants?

Leave cavatappi alone.

The cheese holds onto the ridges, plus it sounds fancier.

It's shit. Shapes are the only great pasta for "mac n cheese"

It's a shame no furutist intellectuals have invented a new pasta that is essentially the same as shapes, but were just a generic shape rather than childrens characters as to not trigger the stupid "adults" who are so mature they can't bear to eat something that is superior because it has a cartoon dog or hedgehog or electric mouse on it

It has? I thought most places used large elbows or small shells

That shape looks like it would work if the sauce is very thin. Otherwise, that long thin center is going to remain dry and that's not really what you want.
Its fine to use a ridged pasta, but keep the shape as 90 degree elbows, or you wont get sauce penetration into the center. And then it would taste almost like a solid noodle, and you've failed at mac & cheese. Do you want to fail at mac & cheese?

I actually use it when I make Macaroni and cheese
I just prefer it over bland elbow

If you are American you will want your pasta to hold the maximum amount of sauce for maximum fatness. Only those helical shaped fusilli qualify for that.

People have associated elbow macaroni with cheap Kraft macaroni, and like Cavatappi since they think it's "fancier".

must be where your from. I see nothing like that here in arizona. most places here use the traditional pasta

>arizona
>not being a decade behind the rest of the country

>electric mouse

...theres Pikachu pasta?

so fucking edgy dude, enjoy your think rimmed glasses

The particular place I work at uses campanelle. It's still because of pretentious fuckwits like yourself though.
>knows what restaurant mac and cheese should look like
>calls other people plebs

Enjoy your delusions of grandeur

I like shells cause they hold a lot of sauce

Um like chaaa

>waaaahhhh I'm cranky because I live in a desert and work in food service
Ell oh ell, faggot.

You are correct. Learned this at 6 with these Kraft shapes, never looked back. I still eat variations of this bullshit 2-3 times a month.

do you add extra cheese?

Its because maybe Cavatappi is amazing and macaroni is just kinda so so. Sure pasta is pasta but I assure you the texture is different.

It's too long for mac and cheese. Mac and cheese is and always will be best made with either "elbow" macaroni or small shell pasta.

Ah shit, and radiatore, that's a good one too. But those are the three best options.

>small shell pasta

That shit's the worst. It all just gets nuzzled inside each other. If cavatappi isn't working for you then you didn't make your sauce properly.

What about farfalle?

Pasta salad tier.

Shapes contains less noodles than macaroni. You're being jewed.

You miss the point , dumbass. Cavatappi is too fucking long. If you want something with ridges, use radiatore.

>Sauce
>Mac and Cheese

Heh. I know understanding american food is hard for yurops, but you could at least try.

>

Macaroni and cheese requires cheese sauce

Arr tastu sameu