Cooking Cheat Codes

Starting with an obvious one.

memes aren't "cheat codes" unless you're donald trump

if you're stuck using canned tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce, and it ends up tasting slightly bitter, a little dollop of molasses or sorghum will smooth it out.

but that's not a problem because we all grow our own tomatoes here don't we?

You can get bitterness with grown tomatoes too. But honestly why bother? Canned tomatoes work just fine most of the time.

A bit of baking soda also cuts the bitterness in a tomato sauce.

>implying canned san marzano tomatoes aren't the best things to make sauce with

If you don't feel like going through the effort of spicing a dish up, sometimes you can just use a spoonful of salsa.

I started adding cumin to everything and now people think I'm good at cooking.

Add a dollop or two and people who don't know better will think an actual China man was in the kitchen.

Just seperate them from the seeds and it will taste great

If you want to liven up your next dessert, take a bag of Oreos and throw them on the floor, then eat them off the floor like the Fucking animal you are you piece of shit.

I used to use this stuff all the time.
Then the chinkery I used to go to closed down, and I have NEVER been able to find it again.

Throw a good tin of these over your vegetables and put them in the oven for a spin until they melt.

you can save lots of time if you want to eat some rice by just eating it out of the bag instead of boiling it

This, i refuse to cook anything

I added too much and got dhiarrea

got a few

1. learn to freeze your base sauces and stock
2. always cook two things at once, have a slow cook going while you make your meal
if a slow cook IS your meal, make another or do prep
3. use plenty of oil when cooking onions to hold the flavor
4. learn to love eggs, they are cheap and great for you; older eggs hard boil better
5. you can cook burgers entirely on a flat press, good for travel or a building site
6. love your "second" meats, just as nutritious and can be almost free
7. rice needn't be plain, for indian add tumeric for colour, almond slices cloves peppercorns and raisins
8. it takes 20 minutes to make motzarella, the ingrediants are rennet (veg is fine) and milk (supermarket is fine)
9. take pains to store food correctly, especially spices
10. get a herb garden and a bay tree, even if it's just a pot of parsley you leave outside
one step up is "djoubanjang" a paste of broad beans and chilli

Use canned tomatoes for pasta sauces to save you the effort and expense of fresh ones!

semen is the best flavor enhancer but the salt industry has successfully suppressed it

raping food with garlic is the most annoying cheat IMO

I add worcester sauce to tons of shit but I think that's more of a spiritual thing than something that actually has an interesting flavor.

I've never had a can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes which was bitter.

FUCKING THIS

That shit turns anythng into delicious

>cum

What the hell is a second meat ?

probably organ meats/offal

>>>/reddit/

oh yeah, thanks user.

>salt industry has successfully suppressed it
nah, they're just edging

I did this once and then I exploded.
t. pigeon