Best Winter Foods

Post your favorite, most comforting foods to have in the winter. For me it's coq au vin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hjT7OlYB5C8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gucy3LMlN40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks p good, what is it?

Butternut squash is also good.

it's rice porridge - basically rice that's been boiled in broth for hours and hours, topped with various meats like ground pork meatballs and livers or sliced fish - best when eaten with a "chinese donut" fried dough

cock au what now?

Any recipes for when you're sick? :(

Coq au vin is nice, although I prefer pic related.

Beef marinated overnight in red wine, then you quickly sear the beef before slow cooking it with the wine marinade and vegetables.

Usually served over/with a side of pasta (most of the time farfalle, spaghetti, taghliatelle)

Xmas Escudella catalana

no. catalonians shit on a log and call it christmas. they beat the log until it cries and shits out presents for their children. then they eat the shit. destroy catalonia.

chicken soup. consuming a high amount of fluids helps our body to flush out garbage and with the broth you still get a high amount of salt and nutrients

have all the coq you want, none of my business chief.

coq au van is shit, the only reason people think it's good is it has a "french" name

bœuf bourguignon >> all
/thread

isn't that just cocido maridleno but with a side of macaroni?

I'm starting to think this "regoinal spanish cuisine" thing is some kind of practical joke

Incorrect. Chicken soup > all

I grow a big beard in the winter and eat currys and stews.

If you're not making 90% of your winter meals in a crock pot then you're already failing

You have to be 18 years of age to post on Veeky Forums.

Backyard pork stew.

I just order 16 barbecue wings with blue cheese.

youtube.com/watch?v=hjT7OlYB5C8

>coq au vin is a shit memefood because it has a french name
>boeuf bourguignon, literally the exact same dish but with beef instead of chicken is great

story checks out

That is the saddest grilled cheese I've ever seen, and that...tomato soup? Looks awful with that much unmelted shredded cheese.

pretty happy in muh belly

Ya dun goofed. The cheese is supposed to go between the bread, not in the tomato soup.

ya know, there good too, a carrying nurturer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gucy3LMlN40

>doesn't spell coq au vin properly
>saying beef bourguignon is better when it's literally the same shit except with beef and has a French name

Is your IQ sub 80 by any chance?

beef braised with red wine = great
chicken braised with red wine = garbage

how is this difficult for people to understand

Umm, anything that involves the death of an animal to create is garbage. F*cking murderers, I swear..

>Olives
Replace that shit with cabbage.