>>8413644

I don't care because good cheese already exists and nobody cares about the midwest.

Wisconsin here

fuck you

Yeah but can you imagine how great it would be if the vast agricultural capacity of flyover land could be harnessed to create good quality food instead of just massive quantities of junk (most of which ends up in landfills anyway)? It could lower prices on the good stuff. More people could be taught what quality food tastes like. It would be possible for flyovers themselves to eat well without being seen as "pretentious".

I for one am excited about the possibilities here. We could be seeing the start of an American food renaissance.

Minnesota here; the co-op in my town gets """"""""""local""""""""""" cheeses from WI and they're all shit

I wouldn't mind that at all, but the likelihood of that happening is slim just because people if the midwest have terrible taste. So unless they're shipping that shit to states that actually appreciate good food then there's no way they can grass root that shit. Locals wouldn't buy it.

I've seen good cheese from MN at Beecher's a few times so I know it's a thing. Doesn't show up often but they're trying at least.

the only thing shit is your taste

know how to spot a coastal fag?
they'll talk shit about the midwest

I travel a lot for work, and I lived in Ohio for a while if that counts, but the midwest has shit food tbqh. Like it's not offensive, but it has no identity...if that makes sense.

inb4 "but Ohio isn't my pet state therefore your opinion doesn't count"

I've lived in three midwestern states (one of which was, coincidentally, Ohio), and your opinion is pretty valid

The junk food is among the best in the country but that's because it's the only food they can eat without being hazed and ostracized for putting on airs, so, needless to say, that's where the effort goes

>Like it's not offensive, but it has no identity...if that makes sense

I understand exactly what you mean, and you're wrong. I grew up in Indiana near the Ohio state line and spent the entirety of my 20's travelling the country for work and other reasons. Midwest cuisine seems plain because the majority of that region hasn't been diversified. Most Midwestern food is based on traditional German and English dishes, which there is nothing wrong with, and I hope it stays that way. I would argue that places like LA and NYC have a less unified culinary identity than anywhere in the Midwest. In fact, those places have no unity or identity at all.

It's more diverse. Little Havana in Miami, little Italy in NY, little China in LA and San Fran, plus great Mexican food everywhere.

You're basically saying you're happy with limited options, which I don't get. Germanic and English food can (rarely) be great...but to say "that's what I'm rolling with and fuck everything else" is closeted and retarded.

Mn fag here wis cheese is better than vermont cheese

>Germanic and English food can (rarely) be great

you've lost the plot

>Germanic and English

i take that back. you never knew the plot to begin with.

>but to say "that's what I'm rolling with and fuck everything else" is closeted and retarded

now i'm convinced that you're head over heels retarded

>unified culinary identity

what did he mean by this?

Do you have a passport?

Meaning, it's only good if it doesn't challenge me too much

why would I need a passport when every other country is literally desperate to move here?

man I thought /mu/ was the most smug board

So you don't have a passport, and you can't leave and return to the United States...but you're banging the drum of German and English food in the Midwest.

FUCKING LOL. You uncultured swine, you know nothing about food and you've invalidated yourself in front of this entire board.

>putting on airs

That essentially sums up red states precisely. It's why they're scared to death to acknowledge value in other cultures or even something different from the nearest mcdonalds.

Am I u banned

It means a place like Michigan desperately needs a taqueria on every corner, but to do the same in a place like Tibet is a crime against humanity. Ethnic cuisine, my man!

>there are people wasting valuable oxygen RIGHT NOW who think tacos = white genocide

>Tibet

You mean the People's Republic of China. . .

Awwww cuuuuute what artaficial flavor's are gaymerican's putting in there cheese shaped plastic's now???

Tactical Nuke flavor.

>The junk food is among the best in the country but that's because it's the only food they can eat without being hazed and ostracized for putting on airs, so, needless to say, that's where the effort goes

I can't help but come to the conclusion that this mentality has been a deciding factor in recent events. This level of condescension towards Middle America is unprecedented, and they've given you the ultimate middle finger in the biggest way that matters.

this

>implying the presidency matters
Even GWB was a patsy, although I agree it's a fantastic 'fuck you' that middle america pulled off.

But that's not food or cooking so let it go before we get pruned.

this thread needs to get pruned anyway.
bunch of smug coastal hipsters actually arguing that WI is bad at making cheese. what the fuck? do you think WI would be known for making cheese if it was bad cheese? the smug is getting to your brain

Idaho potatoes are objectively garbage, perhaps the WI cheese meme needs to die as well.

now you're just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Maybe we should get together and get some Georiga peaches, perhaps a Baltimore crab cake? After all they're the best ever you fucking idiot.

>traditional German and English dishes

Can't even have proper weisswurst or blood pudding, argument discarded with extreme prejudice.

All cheese produced in the USA is objectively, fucking shit.

>Cheese
>From pasteurized milk
>2016

L U L Z I E S

Maybe you misunderstood. They are accused *by each other*, not by the coastal meanies. In normal places it's not seen as pretentious to eat non junk food. It only raises eyebrows in middle america

Those are shit foods, what's your point? Do you think Budweiser is literally the king of beers too?

The Point

Your Head