What is your favorite mac n cheese recipe Veeky Forums?

what is your favorite mac n cheese recipe Veeky Forums?

I like to make it with buffalo cheese and other various spices

Kraft. I fucking love kraft.
Either that or sometimes I put canned nacho cheese on macaroni, thats also fucking good

The key to making GOAT mac and cheese is realizing that rouxes are for godless communists.

>boil pasta
>drain pasta
>drop grated cheese onto hot pasta
>stir in and let the cheese melt
>add dill weed and a teeny tiny bit of paprika

Wah la.

>boil cheap macaroni
>grate on a shitload of your favorite kind of hard cheese
>sprinkle with a nice helping of fresh ground pepper

Fries with bacon

I'd like to try that sodium citrate trick, but my town is very white, the grocery stores don't even carry MSG. I'll never find any

>knob butter into pan
>add garlic, shallot, cherry tomatoes, diced blackened grilled chicken
>ladle in liaison
>handful of chedder-smoked gouda blend
>toss until melted and incorporated
>handful of gorgonzola crumbles
>dump in hot cavatappi
>toss to incorporate
>slide onto plate
>seasoned breadcrumbs and under salamander to brown
>garnish with buffalo sauce and green onions
>wa la

The one I buy in a box at Aldi

Someone post that kid's recipe.

You can find it at a homebrew store.

i usually use a few different cheeses including a lil bit of velveeta (don't hate) and then I add either bacon or smoked sausage. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of garlic.

>Bake in the oven

Probably a good recipe. Cheese sauce mac and cheese is garbage

Mirepoix
Roux
Sausage
Garlic
broccoli
peas

That sounds like bachelor chow, not mac and cheese.

>>Mirepoix
>>Roux
>>bachelor chow

alright m8

How is butter, flour, and ubiquitous root vegetables above bachelor chow? Just because it has a French name doesn't make it fancy.

that's a fucking casserole you stupid shit

>prepare macaroni
>put mozzarella on top
>sprinkle breadcrumbs on top & torch it

It's 'Voi la', you stupid American fuck.

This is how my mom and grandma always made it and every time, no matter what kind of cheese they used, it tasted like fucking nothing

The roux method makes it so much more rich and creamy

>what's this thing called online shopping

The plural of roux is roux.

No the plural of roux is rouze

epic!

more like ruse amirite

The plural of voilà is wah la.

tooshay

I melt cheese into a caramelized onion soubise sauce and then toss that with the pasta, some more cheese and breadcrumbs on top, and bake.

>caramalized onion soubise

Get a load of Marie Antoinette here!

Soubise sauce is dirt cheap to make, you just need onions, flour, some kind of fat/oil, and milk. And an immersion blender, I suppose, but mine only cost like $20

Last time I used the basic Kroger brand sharp cheddar but I also melted a wheel of brie into it and oh my god it was the thiccest creamiest mac I have ever had. Next time I'll use some actual nice cheeses along with the brie

so it's true

all the obsessed yuros come from reddit

My favorite

You realize brie isn't really any fancier than that block cheddar, right? That said, if you're looking for something different gruyere would go well with the brie

Nobody said it was fancier than block cheddar.

People love to use cheddar for Mac and Cheese for some reason but it's really a poor choice because cheddar doesn't melt very well. Brie (or the gruyere you mentioned) is a much better choice because it melts well and doesn't need a bechamel or other additive to keep it "creamy".

Got em

I'm not about to buy something online when I can't compare it to a brick and mortar location and determine actual market value

you underestimate my whiteness

I've never had a bechamel/roux recipe turn out well. The seriouseats stovetop recipe is pretty good and quick to throw together on a week night.

you make adult mac and cheese instead of being an autistic manchild that still uses macaroni pasta.

The other night when I was really drunk, I cooked a box of Kraft macaroni, and fried up a bunch of ground chuck. Mixed it all together with the cheese sauce stuff and ate it with tortilla chips.

Someone call Taco Bell, I'm onto something here.

cooked macaroni
pat of butter
dash of milk
a whole bunch of pic related.

i can make traditional mac and cheese with bechamel and real cheddar, but i really love that junky processed stuff.

Unironically this

It's honestly pretty remarkable how he managed to make a recipe for a child juvenile, patronizing, and elitist all at the same time.

For boxed, that stuff is pretty good.

After years of making mac and cheese for family, friends, and professionally for restaurants and catering, the biggest trick I can give you is not to use all your cheese in the sauce, but layer the sauced pasta with layers of cheese before baking. It gives you what we always called the "ooey-gooey" effect while still being creamy and smooth. That by far gets the most complements from people; when they take a bite of creamy mac and cheese while cheese strings up and over their fork. It's feeding your senses of sight and touch as well as your senses of taste and smell, which makes the difference between good and great. Also, I usually use a mix of cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan (using cheddar as the main cheese, with about 3/4 that amount of gruyere, and about 1/4 that amount of parmesan), and if you REALLY don't give a shit about your arteries, use half and half (or half milk, half cream) to make your bechamel sauce, although canned evaporated milk makes a super creamy sauce as well. Last tip, make sure you grate a little nutmeg into your sauce and add a bit of mustard (not too much!!) which really brings out the flavors.

Order it on Amazon, that's what I did.

I was just amazed by the texture the brie gave it. I expected it to be good but I didn't expect such a major difference. Next time I'll get some nicer cheddar and another type of cheese to go along with the brie. This was an industrial sized batch for visiting family.

bump

1 lbs elbow macaroni
2 tbs (30g) unsalted butter
3 tbs (24g) flour
2 tbs (12g) cornstarch
2 cup (480mL) whole milk
1 cup (240g) IPA or Pale Ale
1.5 lbs (681g) white cheddar cheese, shredded
½ tsp (3g) salt
½ tsp (2g) garlic powder
2 tbs (64g) Sriracha red chili sauce

1.Cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water until just before al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, set aside.
2.In a large pot over medium high heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cornstarch until well combined. Add the milk and beer, bring to a low simmer, do not boil.
3.A hand full at a time add the cheese, whisking until all the cheese has melted before adding more.
4.Sitr in the salt, garlic powder and Sriracha (add additional to taste).
5.Add the noodles, stir until well combined, allow the noodles to finish cooking in the sauce, about 3 minutes.
6.Serve warm.

After a mere 49 shitposts, witness the first actual recipe.

Frankly I don't think using cornstarch and flour together right from the start makes any sense. Both just help thicken the sauce, but you need to simmer a roux based sauce for at least ten minutes to get rid of the flour taste, and the thickening effect of the starch will have started wearing off again long before that. Cornstarch more or less thickens instantly, you don't need to simmer a pudding for ten minutes to thicken it.Better to use just flour alone, 36 g of it, for a classical roux. Or make the sauce with 24g flour and add in the cornstarch with some liquid a minute before you finish simmering to adjust thickness.

see,

Veeky Forums at its finest.

That's more of a technique than a recipe.