Eggs two ways

>eggs two ways

This first idea came from some user a few weeks ago in some random thread.

Boil and peel some eggs. Mix miso paste with honey/maple syrup.

Spread the miso mixture out on plastic wrap and place your eggs in the middle.

Wrap them up so that the miso marinade is completely covering the eggs.

4-5 days later put some rice on, mix up some dashi, mirin, and soy sauce, bring some fresh eggs to room temperature. When your rice cooker switches to the “keep warm” setting, wrap your fresh eggs in paper towels and place on top of the rice.

Remove your miso eggs from the refrigerator and wipe off the excess marinade. The sugar/salt will have drawn out some of the moisture, making the egg harder than normal.

The marinade penetrated pretty much all the way to the yolk.

Serve over rice with furikake.

The taste is exactly what you’d expect: egg, miso, honey – which is a really good combination.

#justweebthings

After sitting for an hour on the keep warm setting, crack your egg into your now chilled soy-dashi broth. The white is just barely set, and has a silken texture.

Cut in half, the yolk is actually harder than the white. This is one of the most bizarre eggs I’ve ever cooked; the egg yolk, despite being really creamy, is somehow more cooked than the white. It sounds like you’re supposed to swallow the egg whole like an oyster (it’s actually really similar in texture), but I decided to cut it in half to show the inside.

Forgot to mention that these are supposed to emulate Japanese hot spring eggs using a rice cooker.

I also made hachiya persimmon bread, user. It'll be okay.

Nice yolks
10/11 would think about eating if I was hungry.

>if I was hungry

They were better than your normal hard boiled eggs. Next time I'll try adding some acidity and maybe some chili peppers for heat.

Then I made some licorice caramel with flake salt.

its easier to just dump some boiling water on eggs then let em sit for min

That would just be a coddled egg, which is what you would have when you make a traditional table side Caesar salad. It isn't at all the same thing.

tht ones barely cooked i had num lock off suposed to be 20 min

everytime i have egg at onsen teh yolk isnt set either

That looks more like what I would have expected from those kind of eggs - closer to sous vide.

I'm guessing the rice cooker eggs were different because of the dry heat.

Caramel released from paper without sticking.

Overcooked the sugar a bit so it was difficult to cut into nice little squares.

Why would I eat if I wasn't hungry fatty?

Eggs cooked without added extra fat are a negative calorie food.

They were more like hard candies rather than caramels, but still really good. Black strap molasses flavor, good anise flavor, plenty of flaky sea salt.

The fuck? A single large egg is 70-80 calories

It's negative calories, though. Your body burns more calories processing the egg than is actually in the egg itself.

Decided to make another batch of licorice caramels with leftover ingredients. Didn't overcook the sugar this time. Extra chewy.

that's bullshit and you're an idiot for believing it

In an egg, it's bullshit.
In vegetables it's closer to the truth.
A large celery stalk has 10 fucking calories in it.

looks good user.

agreed

Great OC Thread OP!

I just whisk a couple eggs in a bowl and microwave it until its a puffy omelet type ball

I would personally just go for the good old tea egg

how could you soft boil these?

huh?

>good old tea egg

I'll give those a try and post results next time I make a thread.

Any suggested recipes/tips?

By boiling them for less time.