Lagavulin

Lagavulin.

>Lagavulin.
bitter horse piss

liquid gold

I feel offended even though I never had it.

I'll come to you if I want to know what horse piss tastes like.

>I'll come to you if I want to know what horse piss tast
no need to visit me
just drink some Lagavulin

Trust me I will

have a puke bucket nearby

Those premium Irish whiskeys often have an overbearing peatiness to them and require some effort to begin to enjoy the taste. Never start out with the good stuff first, you'll want too work your way up the chain until you develop a pallet for them.

>Irish
Lagavulin is an Islay scotch.

That's good advice. I've drank some whiskeys over the time and have felt retarded for calling Jack Daniel's my favorite.

Where should I start?

>Implying it's not the same damn thing

Don't.

Isle of Skye. Good value for a 12-year-old bottle. That shit will straight up force you to enjoy peat flavor if you drink it enough. Subtle after tones of vanilla, cherry, citrus and caramel.

Thanks

>Where should I start?
start with glass of horse piss so you can have reference how all the whiskey tastes
and keep in mind that different breeds of horses will have differently tasting piss,
same as those piss tasting whiskeys

don't become another victim of the whiskey drinking snobs

You have issues

no I just understand the bs pushed on poor suckers by whiskey drinking snobs to trick and to pressure them to buy expensive stuff by shaming them for drinking cheaper piss and how that creates hierarchy and even destroys friendships
bunch of snobs

>bashing your tastebuds to force yourself to "like" liquid smoke

you can't make this shit up

>Beer
>Wine
>Ale
>Cider
>Rum
>Whiskey

All have that one thing in common user. You need to learn to appreciate it.

Based Laga

Meme Laphroig 10 fags stay the fuck out

>Subtle after tones of vanilla, cherry, citrus and caramel.
don't forget delicate flavor of race horse piss or in case of Lagavulin is it pungent flavor of the work horse

There exist whiskeys not distilled in a campfire.

I'm glad for the lagavulin distrillery because that shitty show got them so much business from plebbitors, but I'm also sad for them because what may have been a half-decent liquor will now never be taken seriously exactly because of that.

t. Jack Daniels drinker

epic b8 m8

Jack Daniels tastes like shit.
I like Bulleit Rye but I also don't really drink whiskey that often.
I'm lamenting the reputation of a craft worker being forever destroyed as "the one on that tv show"

> Bulleit Rye

>He doesn't obsessively drink my specific kind of drink! HE MAY HAVE NO OPINIONS!

> Comes into a thread shitting on liquor at a constant rate

> Toots this argument horn when some one kicks back

>It's too bad this company will never regain credibility because of a TV show
>DURRRR YOU DONT EVEN LIKE DA WHISKEYS WHAT DO YOU EVEN KNOW HURRR

> Literally what I didn't say the post

Stop strawmanning

When I was in my prime neckbeard years, years before there was such a thing as a ron swanson, I enjoyed lagavulin quite a bit. I'm glad I got to enjoy it before it was ruined by plebes.

Needless to say, when I grew up and my palate matured, I moved on to more interesting drinks. But scotch is really nice when you're still under the erroneous impression that smoke and bog is actually a desirable characteristic of something to put in your mouth.

Do you think the quality of lagavulin declined after it became more popular?

Fuck if I know. I haven't bought a bottle in at least 10 years, I'm pretty sure I haven't even had a sip in the last 5.

But I hope so. It would make me happy to hear that it did.

Did you stop drinking it because you're worried about what people think of you for enjoying this particular product?

See

>cant get the full ron swanson in scotland clip on youtube

fuck sake

No he wanted to keep being hip so he couldn't drink something if it was getting popular.

I'm getting a bonus bottle of laguvulin for finishing a project earlier than expected

>I drank this liqour before it was cool

Even 9gag laughs at you and your ego.

Allow me to try something new, I'm proud of you user.

>Lagavulin

Unironically my favourite whiskey.

Only just recently watched Parks and Recs and feel like shit, knowing people probably thought I was some sort of meme-artist when I said how much I loved it.

Just pretend Laphraoig is my favourite now.

Life is shit.

I bought a bottle today. I fucking love it.

Back down to £38 a bottle in Costco, planning on picking up a bottle soon.

Who gives a shit if it was in some TV show or what people think of it, I like it. Drink it by myself anyway so I literally don't care

Laphroaig was my favorite both before and after trying Lagavulin, and before and after Parks and Rec

That's a strange way to say Ardbeg

No, I stopped drinking scotch in general because I got bored of it. I mostly drink wine now.

I have never heard anyone mention ron swanson in real life, only on the internet. However, lagavulin was always one of the more popular brands of scotch, perhaps the most popular islay. Most people with a passing interest in scotch knew what it was and thought highly of it.

So at the end of this thread we can conclude that the first post was the best post FPBP and that that poster was right in his statement.
End of discussion.

>mfw bottle of lagavulin 16 for xmas

you drinking Lagavulin from a beer mug /?

Lovin the cutty life

Laga is good though

imagine what her forehead tastes like

Drinking Lagavulin from a beer mug is a disgrace.