New Years

what are you making for new years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SyK0cGIzG7c&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pic related

my usual is sauerkraut, pork, kielbasa sausage, and mashed potatoes.

I actually prefer new years dinner over thanksgiving and christmas easily

brain stew with extra buckshot

Pork is good luck right?

some bull like that yeah.

desu the pork is quite bland compared to the kielbasa though, I'll probably just do that this year..

Polish?

mom's family was at some point a few generations ago, now it's just tradition I guess

A bottle of rum.

A bottle of whiskey and some tears

sadness

New Year's Eve I'm using up all the excess from Christmas.
New Year's Day, it's time for black eyed peas cooked with a leftover ham bone, onions, garlic, and other seasonings, and cornbread.

booze

We do the Germanic food too. Supposed to be good luck!

Mulled wine. Any advice?

I was planning on making my own thread for a cook-a-long but meh, here we go
I'm drunk already so yeah.
I did the same thing last year, made ossobuco, maybe you recognise the kitchen.
This year it's rabbit in brown beer.
Beer is Westmalle Double, since we're in Belgium

We start by peppering the rabbit and cutting the onions

(checked)
Onions

Brown the meat with butter and glaze the onions

Add shrooms while the meat is almost done browning

Add flour for extra thiccccccness

Next, add beer.
Drink in first pic is a whisky sour btdubs

make me cum daddy

Add spices and stir

one hour in and this is what it looks like
thinking about making some roux to thiccen the sauce since I added too much water
still drinking whisky sours, last one since we're out of whisky (generic Red label). We have some nice wine but we wanna avoid a hangover so we're going for some wodka in the nearest night shop

what kinda spices senpai

electric stove

""""""""""""cooking""""""""""""

Just some thyme and some laurel

I know right? At my friends place, he has plebelectric stoves, I have induction at home.
Ideal set-up would be 4 gas + 2 induction for me desu senpai

Wellington just came out of the oven. Resting now while we make mashed potatoes and heat the red/port wine sauce.

I'm going to a fancy restaurant with my peeps

Fuck washing dishes

Had new years party last night, spending today recovering and doing dishes. Did a Capon in Sherry/Jus sauce, pork loin and a lot of finger food. Went well

There was a mold problem 5 and a half months ago and I haven't had a kitchen since then. I'm going to be eating frozen food heated in the microwave as I have been.

booz will sustain me today

>what are you making for new years?

Myself drunk.

that looks like a lovely kitchen

Gyoza, daikon and carrot salad, cucumbers in sesame dressing, and some miso soup because I love foisting weeb food on my relatives. The flavour profile is fairly similar to our usual New Year's spread (russians) so it should be good.

I did a Vitel Tone and I'm currently working on a russian salad
the vitel consists of a piece of round steak, thinly sliced and served cold on a sauce made of tuna, anchovies and mayo
It's a traditional dish for the holidays here in Argentina

you start by cleaning the beef of all grease and silver skins, sear it and boil it on a veggie stock base (carrot, onions, parsley and assorted spices)

after 45 minutes to 1 hr (depending on the size of the beef piece) you let it cold without taking it out of the pot (so it stays juicy) and then cut it into thin slices

it really it is…
rabbit is still simmering, kinda lost track of it but it's alright because pic related

for the sauce, you take 2 tins of shredded tuna, and add some anchovies (5 to 6 is ok but it's up to taste) capers, olives, chopped parsley, a spoonful of mustard, a dash of olive oil, a teaspoon of vinegar and two to three spoons of mayonaisse, then blend until creamy
if it's too dry then complete it with a bit of the stock remaining from the beef until you get to the desired consistence
once blended, you add 100 ml of heavy cream and mix it all together for maximum sauciness

After eating

after the blending is done, you arrange the beef in layers and cover it with the sauce
you can then garnish with some capers and that's it
it's served cold as an appetizer and I like it because it's really tasty and easy to make

nice

be careful with the opiatejew user.

thanks for caring user.
happy new year

Nothing. Christmas already drained out all of my pretending

>Ketchup and baked beans on the same plate

Why do people do this?

this

They can't get quite enough HFCS, without adding catsup. The 32 oz. of pop is just dessert.

Got gifted some steak, making this
youtube.com/watch?v=SyK0cGIzG7c&t=1s
also R.I.P

45 minutes into [current year] and we still haven't touched the rabbit. Here's what it looks like.
Happy 2017 everyonan

Pork and Fish are lucky for the new year.

Feeling more like pork tonight. I probably won't do anything too extravagant. Just some fried pork cutlets and rice. I may make a glaze for the cutlet out of soy and ginger. Out of furikake so I'll have to figure out how to kick up the rice. Also unsure about a vegetable.

What vegetables are supposed to bring luck in the new year?

fried shicken!

I made lentil soup. It was quite adequate. I also had saltimbocca to make but was full-up so didn't bother.

I made a New York cheesecake with berry coulis.

Norway-lobster grilled with butter lemon sauce, lumpfish roe and tossted bread with aioli and salad.
I did carrot and parsnip fries, beef tenderloin butter-parsley-garlic steak, whiskey sauce for main.

Then a bit of hazelnut icecream for dessert. I dunno, I didnt take any pictures, but you can kinda imagine it anyway.

What the FUCK I thought this was a litter of labradoodle puppies

Wow dude sounds disgusting

Which dish?

Just kidding. It sounds fantastic and I'm jealous. How do you make carrot and parsnip fries though? Never heard of that.

Cut into fries, boil for a short while with salt, drain and dry, then fry (or oven grill them after tossing with oil).

Texture is close enough to potato, and you get to eat some "healthy greens and veggies" without really feeling it.

You can also cheat and get them premade, ready for frying or oven. Fairly simple, fritter.

I'll try this. Definitely gonna go with parsnips over carrots though. Sounds pretty good.

Thanks stranger and happy new year

I'm going to make a roast tomorrow. Any tips on preparation/cooking of a 2.5kg Outside Round?

I made a collard greens and black eyed peas soup. It's tradition where I'm from to eat these 2 foods on new years day for wealth and luck in the new year

I made shashlik for my gf. It was great.