Simplicity

Post dishes that are delicious with only a few ingredients. I hate seeing recipes with tacked on components that add little to nothing to the taste of the meal, except added pretention.

Other urls found in this thread:

garymehigan.com/recipes-by-gary/item/82-dark-chocolate-soufflés-with-chocolate-cream.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chinese scallion pancakes. Essentially a flatbread with spring onions mixed in.

For mes are delish.

omelets

You are a fucking idiot.

I can see from your eloquent and factual argument that you are an intellectual sort, and clearly not a fucking idiot yourself.

Cacio peppe or carbonara pasta. I cool this to my wife

Juicy cock with semen inside.

I learned how to make actual mac&cheese a few days ago and it was stupidly simple
>macaroni
>white sauce (which is literally butter+flour+milk)
>cheese

the mac and cheese of italy

Mix diced fresh tomatoes with onion (white and green) and cooked chicken, turkey, or salmon, and salt.
Pic is with salmon.

Mocha frappes are the only thing at Mcdonalds that I like

>I hate seeing recipes with tacked on components that add little to nothing to the taste of the meal, except added pretention.

desu I don't find that anyone really writes over complicated recipes just to be pretentious--even super autist kenji recipes with a huge ingredient list are still pretty well considered. Usually, extra ingredients add flavor or texture, and a good receipe writer will take you through the importance of each component.

Have you considered refining your palette?

It's even stupider simple if you pick a cheese that melts well. you don't even have to bother with the bechamel (white sauce).
>macaroni
>gruyere, gouda, fontina, etc. good melty cheese
>cream

But those examples you list feature ingredients that DO add to the taste of the meal.

I think OP is talking about overly complicated garnishes, "painting the plate" with decorative sauces, that kinda thing. situations in which the food is complicated, but the complexity isn't actually helping the flavor.

I used pepper jack
that shit was good

Pleb.

Caprese.

> Tomato
> Mozzarella
> Basil
> Olive oil
> Salt

And yet, people fuck it up

I like the flavor of cheddar better though.

Do you mind if I link a recipe?
garymehigan.com/recipes-by-gary/item/82-dark-chocolate-soufflés-with-chocolate-cream.html

All I do is switch the caster sugar you coat the ramekins with, with pure cocoa powder. I've of course modified the amount of sugar depending on chocolate and person I'm serving to but I've done this over 40 times.

I've been making this recipe for 2 weeks straight now because everybody wants to eat it. Just fresh basil or fresh parsley, olive oil, applecider vinegar, salt and pepper with the main ingredient being cocktail tomatoes.

I use the recipe on Foodwishes called naked tomato salad.

Irish Stew. Literally just lamb, potatoes, root vegetables (carrots, onions, etc.) lamb stock (optional) and parsley

Use sodium citrate, user, and all cheeses are cheeses that melt well.

>all cheeses melt well
Ever heard of halloumi?

I'm well aware, but didn't mention it given that the point of the discussion was "simplicity". The average person doesn't have sodium citrate in their kitchen and would probably consider it a strange and unusual thing.

(which is pretty sad, I might add)

Copypasta incoming

Great example, people try to over complicate it which is why it fucks up.
>Hurf durf look at muh special caprese zucchini potato salad

user, you forgot the "balsamic" reduction!

Made one of the best sandwiches of my life today. A fair few ingredients but I'd still call it a simple recipe. Sauteed julienne red onions, red and green peppers in olive oil with salt and red pepper flakes. Put it on seeded rye with a bit of balsamic and torn up fresh mozzarella. Fried the sandwich in butter on low heat till golden brown on both sides and cheese melted and began to ooze out. Served with spicy horseradish mustard.

Wish I had a glass of fresh orange juice to go with it. Almost a perfect brunch meal.

It's so hard to fry them though.

Dough
cubes of bacon, red and white 1:1
cubes of onion same size
salt, black pepper
mix bacon and onion
(can add egg white to hold together but not necessary)
put on dough
(or a piece of bread)
bake
eat

Lol, what? It couldn't be easier. Just put a little oil in a frying pan and go to town. Easier than frying an egg.

I add a dash of vinegar and a pinch of parmesan, and some black pepper. Without it tomatos are not good enough here in the north.

A summer ripe tomato sandwich is a thing of perfect simplicity and beauty.

cacio e pepe - one of the simplest pasta dishes, with wonderful flavor.

Bacon
Lettuce
Tomato
Mayo

Pork schnitzel, salt, lemon juice.

Spaghetti with olive oil and garlic.

Steak and baked potato

>dash of vinegar and a pinch of parmesan, and some black pepper.

3 eggs, salt, pepper and some care- french omelette is the best simple food

Eggs

cheddar, bisquick, sausage
roll in ball, bake

or
also velvet a melted with sausage in pan
spoon on top of mini rye bread
top with olive
toast

made sausage balls twice during christmas holidays. theyre great. i add crushed red pepper.

ALways wanted to try this, but I live on the west coast