Been cooking rice about everyday now. Its become my primary source of carbs

Been cooking rice about everyday now. Its become my primary source of carbs.
My current rice cooker is looking a little shabby and I'm about to retire it.

Which fancy rice cooker should I upgrade to?

Get a pot and Cook it yourself.

/thread

Why bother when a rice cooker does a better job, uses less energy, and frees up valuable space on the range?

If a counter top rice cooker does a better job than making rice in a sauce pan then you need to stop cooking. Get some hot pockets, some frozen pizza and perhaps a McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

Zojirushi
White people pls go
Because people who have never cooked rice before think it's a great accomplishment to put rice and water in a pot and doing it literally makes them feel like geniuses. White people have little going for themselves these days so you should let them have whatever it takes to keep them away from the oxycodone and meth that is destroying what's left of their ''''culture''''

>If a counter top rice cooker does a better job than making rice in a sauce pan then you need to stop cooking.

Nope. You need to educate yourself about pressure-type rice cookers.

>>Get some hot pockets....

But user, I want better food, not junk food garbage. If I was content to eat crap then why would I be advocating a method of making better rice than stovetop?

I'll tell my Korean neighbor that next time I'm over there.

I'm not opposed to cooking rice in a pot, I do it with my pilaf all the time. But if it's just simple white rice I have better shit to do than baby it. Plus it takes up valuable stove real estate if I'm cooking other things.

Your head does more than just work as a butt plug, take it out of your ass.

Zojirushi

>Baby it
>add water
>add rice
>turn to simmer and wait 20 minutes

FINE DINING EVERYONE
LOOK AT THIS POST...LOOK AT IT AND LAUGH.

just send her a link to the thread dummy. Also tell her to cook you some dog, and report back to Veeky Forums

I have the one in your picture and it works very well.

You can also steam vegetables and meat in it while your rice cooks.

Well, you ignore the fact that you need to add water, add rice, bring to a boil, drop to low, cover for 20 minutes, remove from heat for 10 minutes, then fluff it. This isn't hard mind you, but it's so much easier for me to add rice and water to my rice cooker, hit cook, and then know that whether I want rice in 40 minutes or 3 hours that it is still hot and ready.

Also, I love my rice cooker because every night I fill it with rice and water, and then go to bed, and it turns on and I have hot rice as I get out of the shower. Without it, I would be adding an extra 30 minutes to my morning just to have rice.

>wait 20 minutes
>if you're not around at 19:59 (plus or minus 2 minutes on either end), your rice will burn to the pot

Yeah I know that seems like fun and novel and stuff, but I promise you it gets old somewhere between the 20th and the 1000th time you do it, depending on how easily amused you are.

But, good on you for trying to learn how to use a stove, some people don't even make it that far.

I got a Zojirushi rice cooker, one of their cheaper 3 cup models, and I think it's worth every cent if you make rice on a frequent basis. It's incredibly easy to use, and you can make other things in it as well. Plus, it keeps your rice at a good temperature for hours, so you can make a pot of rice for both breakfast and lunch if you want, and you can set it to make it for you over night.

user, what kind of rice do you like? If its just plain white rice go with a Zojirushi. If you wanna eat fancier(and healthier) stuff like red rice, get a pressure cooker, which you can use for other stuff too.

>what is a kitchen timer

Are you fucking with me? Your cell phone, stove top, microwave and smart watch all have timers built in. Is it really that difficult for you to remove a food item from a heat source and set it aside?

Or I could just set and forget so the rice is already done when I get home from work and not have to rush to the stove when the alarm goes off.

Oh, sorry I forgot some people don't work.

I guess you also forgot some people know how to cook.

>"cook"
>put rice in water and turn on the stove

The important thing is that you're trying.

Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer

Pretty much this. They have a size bigger than this as well. For non Asians this was good for five people.

I like the timer on this thing, I use it to make porridge. I use steel cut oats, raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, and let it soak over night, then when I wake up its ready for whatever time I set it for.

I also like the inner lid is steel not plastic. Went from almost never eating rice to eating it regularly because this thing does such a good job.

+1 for Zojirushi they are made in Japan, and I trust them more than the Chinese. Who knows what the Chinese are doing to save costs, also you are eating out of it everyday.

>Who knows what businesses are doing to save costs
Fixed that for you.