Other urls found in this thread:

wideopencountry.com/the-strange-new-years-traditions-of-the-south/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the cornbread is too thick and looks like it was made with too fine cornmeal

everything else looks pretty healthy and tasty

Your topic is too boring to discuss.

>no corn in the corn bread
You're not from the south.

I ate some black eyed peas with my folks on new years.

Not the other two things though.

Got a problem with collared greens faggot?

I'm lack and from the South.

I never liked cornbread. I don't get what's the big deal.
Those greens don't look right, plus it has not spices. Garbage!
I always, ALWAYS have steamed (boiled?) Okra with my black beans.

That meal is unfortunate for human and my dogs consumption. I'll give it to a filthy mexican and hope they choke on that dry ass cornbread.

Greens aren't meant to be a soup. Also the beans and cornbread look dry as fuck.

>lack
Black*
>unfortunate
Unfit*
>Not
No*
>They
They'll

My next door neighbors made this exact food last night. Is this some weird southern tradition that I've never heard of?

Traditional new years day meal

Yeah, it's called white trash making trash.

Call it trash if you want, but beans and dark leafy greens are actually pretty good for you. Actual home cooking and way healthier than that hot dish shit someone made a thread about the other day

>Is this some weird southern tradition that I've never heard of?

It's traditionally made in the deep south on new years eve night or new years day to bring good luck.....not sure the logic/reasoning/history of it though

luckily I am not from the south

found a link, it's the 1st three on the list (black eyed peas, cornbread and collard greens)

wideopencountry.com/the-strange-new-years-traditions-of-the-south/

southerner here we also have a weird tradition from somewhere else i'm sure but idk working on a nice buzz, on new years eve at 12 midnight have to have the person with the darkest hair in the house ring the doorbell carrying a piece of coal, a penny, and a piece of bread lol. also for dinner tonight ham blackeyed peas collard greens (tc's look sterile brothy and strange honestly and i'm adding bacon) mashed taters and rolls.. comfy :D

This looks much better

That's a really SHITTY plate of black eyed peas and cornbread. The cornbread looks dry as fuck, and the black eyed peas look undercooked and underseasoned, while the green look overcooked and underseasoned.
1/10 try again. That's "wifey material / bae food" bullshit.

most states in the south do not put corn in their cornbread

t. army brat southerner

>army brat s

kys, attenion whore

Why does every god damn child of a soldier/marine/sailor/airmen find any damn reason to bring up that they were an "army brat"/"military brat"

I think it's like a lower class person's way of excusing or explaining travel experiences. In their mind, it might otherwise be considered pretentious or a lie to say you've been places. Especially internationally but to a lesser extent, even within the US.

because it's relevant, you mongoloid. i had to move a bunch, all over the south so i've lived in a lot of southern states. kys.

>might otherwise be considered pretentious

not really, we'd only consider it pretentious if spending a summer hiking through europe has "cultured" you to an obnoxious degree

Looks like that was a safe guess. Look, we moved a lot when I was a kid too, first when my dad was hopping between universities, and then when he went into the private sector and worked for some multinationals. But you don't hear me going "PhD scientist brat here, I can tell you from experience that life is different in Pomona compared to Lewiston, and also people in other countries speak different languages, if you have any further questions about my dad's career please do not hesitate to ask". Because actually, it's not as relevant as you think.
People travel for reasons other than being in the army and going on vacation.

It's relevant that you lived in a lot of southern states....your blog post about being the kid of an army fag isn't important, you just like telling people because you think it makes you cool....even though it makes yuo a giant faggot; kys

It's just an easy way for attention whores to FEEL like they've been in the army without actually joining the army.

>"PhD scientist brat here, I can tell you from experience that life is different in Pomona compared to Lewiston, and also people in other countries speak different languages, if you have any further questions about my dad's career please do not hesitate to ask"

i'm not sure how a 2 word elaboration on my moving experience is comparable to this

i didn't and don't want to join the army. i went to school and am happy with my career trajectory.

Try this: "most states in the south do not put corn in their cornbread, I've lived all over the south so I speak from experience"

You see how this contains all the relevant information without going off on a tangent about your dad's job?

Jesus christ dude, is everything you say your personal fucking blog that no one cares about and is completely irrelevant. kys

went with "army brat" for brevity. sorry if you're offended i guess?

you have to go back.

This started with corn, which is hilarious because it's useless and has no nutritional value.

Whole corn should be in cornbread though and any redneck faggot that says otherwise should make out with an alligator.

>XD

I bet you like the look of your shit when it has pieces of corn stuck in it too, you ingrate.

Shut the fuck up already. Jesus, you're the one that keeps taking shit on Veeky Forums personally and responding to these people. You ever considered maybe you don't belong here with your hurt "army brat" feelings?...

>Whole corn should be in cornbread

fucking christ man, how many times are you going to mention your an army brat....we fucking get it dude; go away

>blasts kid for qualifying his moving experiences with a 2 word description
>shoehorns daddy's completely irrelevant ivory tower job into the conversation

This is some next level cognitive dissonance.

Wow, you're also the type of dipshit that always has to get the last word in as well....let it fucking go. You got called out for being an attention whore. Why don't you get off your computer kiddo and do a little bit of introspection

He needs to win since he got BTFO in the coffee thread claiming that french press was the same thing as a melitta filter

For me it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

I'm white though.

this right here, senpai!

>melitta filter

I don't even know or care what that is, my man.

I'm Cajun and ate brie/prosciutto with my champagne last night because i'm not a lumpenprole piece of shit who eats whole meals at new years parties.

My family grilled burgers last night, was good. Today is coffee and quiche. I want to make cast iron pizza tonight.

T. a Texan

>T. a Texan
WOW another fucking shitbag looking for attention. Fuck you and fuck Texas.

>T. a Texan

Jesus fucking christ, are the attention whores out in force today or what?

Tell me more about your life you faggot. Write me a god damn blog? I'm fucking waiting sweetheart.

lol this guy is maximum TRIGGERED

The thread is about southern cooking. Holy hell you guys are thin-skinned.

EXACTLY, it's about SOUTHERN COOKING. Not faggots writing blogs about them being an army brat or being a texan faggot

Why is there a thread about southern cooking on a fast food board? Maybe you're the one that's thin-skinned because you don't know where to post your topics.

God forbid people use quantifiers to demonstrate how their opinion relates to the thread topic.

Are you literally retarded?

I am from SE Louisiana. I have never liked the traditional New Year fare. Ham or pork is fine but, my mother ruined it for me growing up. I can't stand black eyed peas, they taste like dirt. Greens are "ok". Usually they are mushy and lackluster. Cornbread is usually not worth it either, disappointing and sandy. I usually love traditional foods, they are usually nourishing and delicious. I would love to find another traditional meal that is more palatable.

ALL HE NEEDED TO FUCKIGN SAY IS THAT HE HAS EATEN IN THE SOUTH A LOT! NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW THAT HE WAS A LITTLE FAGGOT THAT TRAVELED ALONG WITH DADDY IN THE ARMY.

YES, IM "LOUDPOSTING"

>I am from SE Louisiana

Better not mention that, or mr autismo over here is gonna start seizing up again.

>HE WAS A LITTLE FAGGOT THAT TRAVELED ALONG WITH DADDY IN THE ARMY.

it was mom actually

t. army brat

>it was mom actually
>t. army brat

OH LOOK, YOU WITH MORE BLOG POSTS

AND OF COURSE IT WAS YOUR MOM YOU LITTLE BITCH. DID YOUR DADDY STAY AT HOME POWER FUCKING YOUR ASSHOLE YOU MAMA BOY FAGGOT FUCK BITCH

Do you scream into the mic when you're playing League of Legends?

I DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES. ONLY VIDEO GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED IS SUBSPACE/CONTINUUM. IT'S THE OLDEST MULTIPLAYER GAME IN THE WORLD AND IS STILL AROUDN

ALSO, IM NOT YELLING OR MAD. IM JUST "LOUDPOSTING"

THERE ARE A FEW OTHER LOUD POSTERS ON THIS BOARD. WE OFTEN MEET HERE ON Veeky Forums AND ARE KNOWN AS THE "THREE LOUDPOSTING MUSKATEEERS"...EVEN THOUGH THERE IS TECHNICALLY 4 OF US LOLOLOLOL

HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY BLOG SINCE EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOVE THE TEXANS AND ARMY BRATS FUCKING BLOGS

where are you from where you put corn in your cornbread?

Minnesota.

that's explains that

this.

if anyone thinks that plate is "healthy" they need to be shot

Soul food is overrated as fuck.

>if anyone thinks that plate is "healthy" they need to be shot

What is bad for you in collard greens and black eyed peas. Is your idea of health food a hot "dish"? Let me guess, you are at least 30 pounds overweight and rarely, if ever exercise.

>l

To be fair, if that dish is done properly it's really high in sodium.

I do, FUCK collard greens, mustard greens, and kale.

Also FUCK my mom for making me eat them with fatback when I was a kid

Please reply to this post, I want to check out the new reply tracking feature

greens are trash. Can't stand them. Where is the pork anyway?

Sorry, I don't eat literal garbage trash food. You realize we fed that shit to slaves because it was one step above weeds?

Is that a bowl of vomit?

you don't know whats good

Yes, you eat the food of kings, i.e. frozen tater tots and cream'o'mush canned soup

This thread made me laugh so hard, especially when I did the voices in my head.

I'm not a filthy southern animal person

>no smoked proteins visible in the greens
The fuck is that shit? Not even a smoked ham hock?

>no bacon visible in the blackeye peas
>blackeye pea gravy is more like a thin soup
Shit looks like it came out of a can.

That looks more like something a New York city, Boston, or any other yankee city negro would make and call "soul food".

Fail/10

Black eyed peas are garbage and not having to eat them on new years was one of the first perks I noticed when I moved out

99% of the people in the military don't want to be in the military. They just were major fuck ups in high school and needed the free education.

My plate looks fairly similar but I'm from NYC
where does this leave me

Further up north in Polish and German territory it seems like the tradition is pork and sauerkraut on New Years. Personally I wouldn't be averse to something like , with both.

Any traditional New Years foods from the midwest or west?

Did I do right, Veeky Forums? I like some cornbread with the black-eyed peas. Slices of bacon for taking a bite, baked in the oven. Cornbread made in a cast iron skillet. I hate cabbage, but had a few bites of some cole slaw not pictured.

Am I doing it right?

yum, beans and leaves in sewer water topped with the good ol' doorstopper from 2003

mmmm

all done. breddy gud imo

just posted this in another thread, a collards and black eye pea soup I made. Sorry no cornbread. despite growing up in SC we never had cornbread on new years day at my house so I never think about making. Hence the shitty premade garlic bread instead

shit, would be smart if I added the pic

looks good, much better than what's in the OP pic

I would've left the bread on the side though.

t. from Georgia

Know the difference between soul food and southern food ?

they are basically the same, but soul food has much more added sugar. Think about super sweet corn bread, sweet tea, sweet potato casserole.

>no cornbread
step it up senpai

Looks good, definitely would eat. Portions are big. 8/10

Also that's a lot of prescription bottles. I hope you're okay.

>Know the difference between soul food and southern food ?

Soul food is shitty southern food made by urbanized yankee negros...

Wew laddie.

Didn't have any Texas Pete so I had to settle for siracha

Make way, you shits! Superior collards coming through!

Eventually.