Chip Butty

How many of you have tried this? I'm assuming it's a British thing
They're pretty good actually

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qy0HncHOQe0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dad's British. So to this day I still make these because they are fucking delicious. Them and Jam Buttys take me back to my childhood

Being a little brat of a child I pretty much lived on chip butties.
Can never find any chips now I live in the US soft enough. Drives me nuts.

My parents ate these when they were poor and fed them to my brother and I as well.

As a result I associate chip butties with poverty and avoid eating them, even though they don't taste that bad.

Another one for me is a plain bread sandwich with cucumber slices and mayonnaise. My parents sent me to school with one of those for lunch each day. Haven't eaten one since then, and the thought of it makes me feel ill.

Your parents are retarded. Should of used cream cheese instead of Miracle Whip. Would have tastes better.

I'd rather lick an asshole

Where you at? I haven't wiped in a few days

I'll eat these sometimes if I want to go cheap for my eating a few days. I'll buy one of the cheap own-brand loafs and a bag of frozen chips.

Don't have any way of frying so it's about the only way to make oven chips bearable.

GOAT bulking food.

A fry sandwitch? Fucking bongs man.

Deep fried soda?
Fucking burgers man.

Until some nu-male "chef" does it and posts it on YouTube right, user?

Try one sometime. They're good and cheap. Which is why they're popular with the working class. Kids too though since it's basic and easy for them to eat. This leads to it becoming a comfort food that people resort to when they're older too.

Aussie here, have grown up eating them and still do. So good with white bread and plenty of butter.

McDonald's, from what I remember has pretty soft fries

they are best with chips from the chippy

as an aside, is anyone else a fan of chips, cheese and gravy?

You eat margarine and sprinkles on white bread. Your opinions are bad.

Stick of butter, right?
I checked out all the spreadable "butter" at Coles and Woolies, Coles was 60% butter and 40% margarine, Woolworths was 40% butter, 60% margarine.

Don't kids need more carbs than adults too? Makes sense they'd like it.

Anything is good when wrapped in bread.

Canadians are crazy about it.

If you don't have lurpak I feel bad for you.

If you're an American then probably one of those Irish butters would be the best to go for.

ah good, it seems to be a largely north-west england thing here

Based butter. Literally the only spreadable I get.

I bet they used diet coke for that.

They'd have to, imagine the calories if they used real coke.

Chips n Curry Sauce is where it's at.

I can only get Lurpak in stick form.and garlic butter form.

Chips and gravy is better.
Never tried Poutine though.

Those chips look fucking shit, mate. Maybe try cooking them next time.

>

Chips, salt, vinegar, with scraps in a tea cake please

Incorrect!

>he eats burnt chips

Quite popular in most of Scotland, also chips cheese currysauce. Though I am a fan of neither.

Its the Canadian national dish. Country full of people who pretend to be French and that's the best they can do. It's hilarious.

McDonald's fries are usually too crispy (here) and far too thin.
Chips in the U.K. are fat logs of soft mashed potato drowned in malt vinegar and served with a cheap thick sausage for you to down in brown sauce.

Visiting home again end of this month, so looking forward. The same chip shop has been in business my whole life. Love it.

Not even remotely similar

It's a goddamn potato sandwich. It shouldn't even be discussed.

>in a tea cake

Well it'd be ridiculous to put it in a snowball.

Yeah, I buy the cheap brand aldi/coles/woolies 500g stick of butter and leave it in a container on my kitchen bench. It doesn't need to go in the fridge, and it's perfectly spreadable all year around.

Lurpak is nice but not worth the cost if I'm just going to spread it on toast with Vegemite and shit

It's actually an earthworm thing.

only in England

I did this as a kid in Australia but we used to use one slice of bread and form it like a taco,

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

What's next? Cats and dogs having sex?

That vid has already been posted here, dickhole.

calm down friend

I blame the size of the land.

I dunno, I think it's better than France's national dish.

>Not in a barm
>No gravy

4/10 try again

ah yes, the legacy of the empire lives on

it's literally the Canadian national dish. People have heated drunken arguments about whether other toppings are fine or not and god fucking forbid you tell a French-Canadian that chips/gravy/cheese isnt from Quebec....

What's a barm?

Where animals live you fucking retard

That's a barn you fucking poo pusher

>Burnt

Go for golden brown, you humungous faggot

There is something in between pale and underdone as the shit you posted and burnt.

Fermented muslim semen spread on a crunchy baguette?

type of bread roll

Is that a bong thing? Never heard of them in aus

Here in New Zealand, my family grew up eating this when we would get fish n chips, we were poorish though so a loaf of bread to make it go further was worth.

>calling it barm over bap
>gravy over chip shop curry sauce

nah m8

Disgusting

I think it's a regional bong thing, they all have different names for bread rolls and argue about them, it's adorable

what the fuck is wrong with bongs man

It's telling that that's the first thing your mind jumps to.

>bread roll
cob*

I have heard of a cob

The thing is, whenever bongs try to respond to someone pointing out how disgusting their food is, they do it by pointing out novelty foods that almost nobody in America eats. In contrast, these fry sandwiches are pretty common fare in Britain.
At some point you just have to own that your country eats the most disgusting food. Take pride in it.

American opinions are worthless

We're not all lucky enough to have chocolate that tastes like vomit

Chips are not "fat logs of soft mashed potato" you downy cunt.

They're fucking CHIPPED POTATOES. HENCE THE NAME.

Nobody said anything about fries, you spastic mouthed lard lord.

>implying that's chocolate

lad

not an argument

looks gross

>these fry sandwiches are pretty common fare in Britain.

They are no more common than a Donut Burger. Please apply for a passport and step outside of your bubble.

>that dildo who always brings up passports on Veeky Forums

Factually incorrect, kid.

Chip butty's are eaten up and down Britain evevy day.

Nope. Please apply for a passport and step outside your damp Northern town. NONE of my regular chip shops offer them, or even bread rolls.

>chip shop without bread rolls
Bare faced lies.

Also, most chip butty's are prepared at home you fucking retard.

What kind of obese monstrosity has a bunch of chip shops he regularly visits?

You brits really are fucking disgusting.

>Bare faced lies.

Nope. I know this is tricky for you wrap your Northern brain around, but outside of your damp grey bubble, people's diets are not dominated by starch and grease.

>most chip butty's are prepared at home

Who would even go to the trouble of cooking their own chips just to stick them between some bread? What would even be the point?

Tell you what, I'll ask around the office now when the last time was people ate a chip butty. I'll report back.

10 people are here; 2 ignored me, 1 laughed at the suggestion that anybody would, 5 looked confused and I had to explain what they even were and 1 sheepishly admitted he had one...sometime last year. He can't remember when exactly.

So yeah, real popular.

>this level of brit delusion
You are fooling nobody, kid

Why would anyone eat this unless they were too poor to buy real food?

This dude really has some weird passport oriented Tourette's syndrome

Just your typical britistani.

The Americans of Europe.

>Burgerclaps think "regular chip shop" means "chips shops one visits regularly"

>snaggletoothed bog dweller thinks he's a "person"
P A S S P O R T

my theory is yanks don't "get" chip butties because they don't have decent chip shops
imagine trying to make one with mcdonald's fries or something haha oh my days

>regular chip shops
Regular chip shops does imply you visit lots of different chip shops with regularity.

Back to school with you, all that fat in your diet has rotted your brain.

>ye olde cousin fuckerse could never imagine not comprehend the variety of foods we have in the USA
Right, you inbreds know the super duper secret to frying potatoes that we hapless Americans just can't seem to accomplish

>Regular chip shops does imply you visit lots of different chip shops with regularity.

No. Remedial English for you.

God damn we gave you an entire fucking language, fully formed, and you still fucked it up. Is there anything America *can't* fuck up?

He's right though you fat bastard.