Thoughts on this soup? Also, favorite canned soups in general? It's winter and these shits are good for lazy meals

Thoughts on this soup? Also, favorite canned soups in general? It's winter and these shits are good for lazy meals

I think Canned Soup is naturally over salted and just nasty as a result.

I will admit to a childhood fondness to Campbell's Cream of Mushroom, my Grandmother would serve that stuff over Green beans. So yeah that stuff is a pure nostalgia bomb.

>cream of mushroom soup
>nostalgia bomb
The keystone ingredient to all church lady food

church lady?

Chicken corn chower my nigga

I used to like canned soups as a kid, now, they're way too fucking salty. My parents sent me home from Christmas with a box of food (leftovers plus stuff from their pantry) and there was a can of Campbells Minestrone it, which they sent with me because I loved it as a kid. I made it the other day when I was out of food for a quick lunch, and FUCKING HELL, it was so salty, I couldn't finish it, I ate about 1/3 of the bowl (and that was after dilluting it with 1 1/2 cans of water). NOPE.

You should try making Cream of Chicken soup from scratch sometime. It would blow your fucking mind if you like that canned stuff.

I love campbell Rice and Chicken soup.
Its what i eat in times of crisis.

i do like their tomato soup

'Murca thing. Old ladies that prepare food for Sunday luncheons all over the rural US. Their food is unsophisticated and pretty damn good.

Reminds me of my mothers chicken pot pie. I always knew it was pot pie night when the trash can rattled from all the tin cans.

That shit is amazing if you dip bread in it. Love eating it after a night of heavy drinking.

With a grilled cheese of course.

Campbell's Vegetable Beef.

Shit tastes exactly like it did 30 years ago.

prefer using cream of chicken in a slowcooker with some chicken thighs, diced bell peppers, onions, and paprika. spoon that over some rice. would last for a good couple of days.

I find making my own soup self gratifying

When I was a kid my mom would throw a "roast" in the crock pot, unseared of course, in the morning covered in cans of cream of mushroom soup. By evening when it was time to eat, the roast was gray and looked like it was covered in cum. We ate it anyway not knowing better.

How healty is to dead canned soup for long periods of time?

i make my own canned soup

grocery store shit can't hold a candle to it

It's great in casseroles crock pot concoctions. Midwestern food, basically. I don't like the soup on its own.

Soups are objectively one of the easiest things to make at home. Even cream soups, by making a roux and adding cream at the end is simple as shit and you end up with depth of flavor, limited salt, and real ingredients instead of monodihedryl oxathline and triphosphate anusstimlatide.

missing an "and" in there. Fuck me raw.

this

yes, or with lots of cheez its

Boy there sure are a lot of MASSIVE FAGGOTS in this thread! Lookee here!

Shut the fuck up you blubbering salt-babbies and self-loathing hipsters. Canned soup has earned its place in Western civilization, unlike you sniveling little weasels.

It doesn't take much to get into the heart of Western civilization nowadays.

How do you milk a chicken?

>Also, favorite canned soups in general?

During the winter, I regularly have Campbell's tomato soup made with 3/4 can of whole milk, several good shakes of ground pepper and Tony Chachere's creole seasoning and crumbled sharp cheddar cheese just before removing from the heat, with two slices of white bread toast torn into chunks and dropped into the soup and glass of cold whole milk.

So those "cream of" soups are really just a concentrated béchamel sauce with a tiny bit of mushroom, chicken, celery, etc?
Plus loads of sodium and MSG. Meh, I guess that's an okay starting point for a lot of recipes, I dont really have a problem with it. It saves a lot of time and the taste is okay.
I would like to try making my own, I really love a creamy soup.

You don't milk a chicken, the meat is squeezed until the cream of chicken comes out, hence cream of chicken