Help

A girl I'm dating is coming over to my condo for the first time tonight and I'm making shrimp Alfredo with bread sticks and red wine. Anything I should add?

Semen

Seasoned olive oil dip for the bread sticks.

A bowl of eggs + irish stew, maybe keep some mcchickens available, it is the best rescue food if your meal catches fire, for me

I've got ice cream and chocolate syrup and shit for desert. I was thinking wed make our own sundaes for desert.

>shrimp
>alfredo
>red wine

Better be a rose

not alfredo
make scampi with a white wine

and

Condoms inside the breadsticks

Undercook it a little so she has to stay and poop. Make sure to listen at the door.

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL IT ISN'T

>

are you making the alfredo from scratch?

i'd just do carbonara or aglio e olio w shrimp scampi on top. that'll be way harder for you to fuck up..

if you're not going to make the pasta, breadsticks, or ice cream from scratch, the least you could do is put in a little bit of effort and make a sauce.

> shellfish and red wine

Boi, you already done messed up

What does red wine go with? Im lurking Veeky Forums to learn how to cook and ive no idea.

As a real general rule of thumb: red wine pairs better with red meat (and SOME white meat, depending on how it's prepared), and white wine pairs better with white meat (fish, chicken)

it'll be a lot harder to get the woman drunk if she's eating pasta
t.horrible person

I'd recommend not coming here for too much advice. Reds pair better with heavier meats and sauces since the wine is going to pick up tannins and darker flavors from the wood barrel aging. White wines pair better with seafood, and cream sauces. You want something to cut through the Alfredo sauce you got there.

red wine generally goes with red/gamey meats, sometimes pork depending on preparation.. unless it's rose it's not great with seafood/cheese.

ogonna wanna go for something white or bubbly.. i'd probably actually go rose with what he said he's making.

But how am i gonna learn? I cook sometimes but its never very good. I dont mind eating it because already paid for the food and wasted my time but id hate to serve it to anyone else. Even my stirfry is rough

I kekd

Something green, like a spinach salad.

That's entirely too heavy as-is.

I found some good beginner YouTube cooking channels from this site. Food Wishes (try and get past his weird intonation) is my favorite. It's just trial and error but he lays out a lot of fundamental cooking techniques that carry over into whatever else you're doing

Look up Gordon Ramsey's beginners cooking course on YouTube. Watch some shows, eat different foods and just keep trying. Eventually it all clicks.

lobsters

make sure you wear your cleats

If u ain't making your own Alfredo sauce refer to my image

some sort of dessert, dress the table with a vase + a pretty flower, candles if you've been dating for a while or it might come off as creepy

Skip the breadsticks pal

>red wine pairs better with red meat

shrimps get red when they cook. how is that not red meat?