Are casseroles the fanciest Midwestern food?

Are casseroles the fanciest Midwestern food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoofly_pie
faithliesin-me.us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why do they call it the midwest when it's the northeastern and central part of the country

Because it used to be called the northwest when the country was still young, and that WAS the northwestern part of the country. As for now, its mainly because it extends unto the west, and is between the two coasts, thus, middle-west

>My state's """""signature food""""" is some shit the Amish came up with that I've never seen baked by any old lady, sold at a restaurant, or found in a recipe book

Literally what the fuck is a Sugar Pie.

And the worst part is that our actual state food, the pork tenderloin sandwich, is accredited to Iowa. Fuck off, Iowa.

Fuck the Amish. They are dirty, low IQ vermin

The biggest problem with Chicago food is that it is surrounded by the midwest instead of being surrounded by places that matter

It's west of the Mississippi river, you dip.

Have they raped you too often?

Yeah but they get to go on a rumspringa, which is basically a non-stop thrill ride for them until they decide to go back home.

I got curious to see if my State had a "state food".
The first result looking like a somewhat promising PDF, but I think I've found the official sketchiest and weirdest document ever.

First of all, the file is not that size, the document does not have that many pages, and It's From The Future.

This entire page reads like you're trying to summon satan by burning a preschool.

BRB running every antivirus in the book, and also contacting a priest.

Let me guess, Acrobat will open the PDF file and its a bunch of jibberish.
But the one readable line will say you have to install fonts, which is conveniently included as a batch file.
Run the batch file and enjoy the resulting virus.

No. Are Philly steaks fine cuisine in Philly? No.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoofly_pie
>made by Pennsylvania Dutch
you're welcome

congrats, you found your first autogen text

welcome to the internet of the future, kid; you're in for a bumpy ride

Ride your rascal scooter on over to da wallmart an get you sum ingreedeents for H O T D I S H

Those ladies are pretty good looking with the exception of that Amy schumer looking bitch in the middle. Made my penis soft.

You would think the same thing if you lived near the Amish.

But it's tator tot hot dish, user.

Are you not native?

Nobody in the Midwest thinks casserole is fancy. It's just a great way to make something cheap and filling for groups. I grew up in Ohio, and basically casseroles were church food, or food for when you were expecting a lot of company. Nobody made them for their own families, except on occasion. Tuna noodle was the only casserole we ate on a regular basis, because we liked it.

casseroles aren't bad if you make them from scratch and don't use canned soup or othe rpremade ingredients

Only some Amish do that. Most "orthodox" branches of Amish Mennonites do not, or for them, "rumspringa" is just a kind of tolerance of typical adolescent behavior. For most it's not the bacchanal that the media love to portray.

>casseroles aren't bad if you make them from scratch and don't use canned soup or othe rpremade ingredients
I disagree.

shoofly pie is great

shut up auto

I live in Minnesota.

"hotdish" is pretty nasty 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time it is edible because it is freezing out and is freshly made and hearty.

sugar pie is common in northern ontario

>americans consider casserole to be fancy food

>faithliesin-me.us
>faith lies in me
>worry.exe

>shoofly pie
I just looked up a recipe. Standard bread crumb topping over a filling of molasses and water. Are you guys even trying?

It was something made by dirt-poor hillbillies because they couldn't afford proper ingredients What do you expect? fucking caviar?

Lady in the middle like bitch I was gonna put my casserole there.

> t. doesn't get the joke

Maybe one of these days you'll get there, little fella

>It was something made by dirt-poor hillbillies

Fine for the them, but the fact that a recipe for molasses and water pie catches on and becomes a cultural staple shows just how uncreative and lacking in taste your region is.

Things become a cultural staple because of history or nostalgia, quality has nothing to do with it.

>>uncreative and lacking in taste
No argument from me, bro.