Banh mi: do you prefer one with cold cuts like pic related, or with bbq pork? Or perhaps something else? Egg or no egg...

Banh mi: do you prefer one with cold cuts like pic related, or with bbq pork? Or perhaps something else? Egg or no egg? Chinese or Vietnamese bbq pork? If you're getting it to go with hot meat, do you ask for the veggies in a little plastic bag on the side so they don't lost their crispness?

general banh mi discussion

Wait a minute, the gooks are making sandwiches now?

Vietnamese is the best Asian cuisine. Due to the French occupation, their food is delicious tropical ingredients prepared with classical French techniques.

>gooks
>2 / 0 / 2 / 1
>faggot ass op responding seriously to a faggot just to bump his thread

My post didn't bump the thread. Do you even know how Veeky Forums works? Most people don't browse it the superior way(catalog sorted by last reply) and that post wouldn't have affected the bump order.

Pork and Pate are the must haves. Otherwise I'm easy.

Yeah, I think pate is basically mandatory. But the real question is: what kind of pork?

>gooks

IKR! you should downvote this racist asshole for calling mongoloids gooks..

Hot pork-belly, pate, definitely hot egg, everything else can be room to cold.

shut up, racist
shut up, zipperhead

it bumps unless you sage

>browsing by catalog

you've gotta go back

>he thinks replies by the OP can bump the thread within the first few minutes
kek
>not using the catalog
double kek

I'm easy really. BBQ or Slow Roasted Pork shoulder or leg is ideal. I've had pork belly with a bit of crispy fat that was great.

Provided you're got tender pork that isn't chewy, pate, fresh vegetables and a soft bun with a crunchy crust and it's a winner.

The catalogue is a shitty whay to browse the slow boards. You can usually read all the new post just by skimming the front page every hour to few hours.

>not replying to old threads that have barely any replies
you're a bad person. I bet you come here for the memes, faggot.

This.

Catalogue has all sorts of under-seen gems and sometimes it only takes one bump to get it active again.

catalog is for mouth breathers

just click the last page retard

Banh Mi is by far and away the most overrated, bland, tasteless sandwich I've ever tried.

It's not good. At all. It's literal hipster OMG SO CULTURED cuisine.
Fuck, even Pho isn't that great. It's shittier ramen but ZOMG VIETNAM HOW EXOTIC!

You must live in a shitty part of the country that has no good Vietnamese places. I can get a banh mi dac biet from multiple bakeries for $3-$4, and there's no way you can call a sandwich filled with pate, headcheese, and various other Vietnamese pork deli meats, pickled vegetables, jalapenos, and cilantro on literally the greatest sandwich bread in the world "bland".

Oh, and it's "by far" or "far and away" not "by far and away". Are you fucking retarded?

>literally the greatest sandwich bread in the world
Is there some reason you feel the need to defend sandwiches made from scraps so hard, Mr Nguyen?

If I could get one for $3 then sure, I'd eat them. They're not BAD, but they don't deserve any of the praise they get.

>bread baked fresh every day because you're buying the sandwich from a fucking bakery
>literally the perfected form of the baguette
>scraps
You're an uninformed buffoon.

Did I strike a nerve? Are you upset that your poverty meal isn't being praised?
I eat a christload of Tilapia because it's cheap but I don't make a point to tell everybody it's "the best fast food fish"

Oh, you're just baiting. 10/10. Thanks for moving the thread up the catalog.

>He doesn't think my poverty meal is high class
>Must be trolling!

>do you prefer one with cold cuts like pic related, or with bbq pork?
BBQ Pork.

>Egg or no egg?
Egg.

>Chinese or Vietnamese bbq pork?
Chinese.

>If you're getting it to go with hot meat, do you ask for the veggies in a little plastic bag on the side so they don't lost their crispness?
No.

What's the name of the banh mi places you've been to? It's obviously shit and should be avoided.

thanks for moving the thread up the catalog
>No
If you're getting it to go, you should.

I've been to 5 different vientamese places around town and every time the bahn mi has been overpriced and underwhelming.
Again, if it was $3-4 it'd be fine but you're unironically pretending it's some high quality, be-all end-all of sandwiches

bbq pork

no egg

vietnamese

never tried but that sounds dope

Which town, faggot? And unless you're getting it from a bakery, you're doing it completely wrong.

>Banh mi used to be cheap for me
>Would buy one from the local bakery early in the morning
>It's literally just a regular sandwich but god damn fresh bread is good with anything
>Hipsters find out about it
>Price is higher than fucking subway

And that's when I moved on to arabic mezze platters in the morning with fresh bread, mmm.

>tfw all the Vietnamese places are in a shitty part of town and mostly serve Vietnamese customers
feels great

Honestly if you aren't getting them early in the morning there's no point, sandwiches don't take much effort to make but fresh bread makes a big difference.

For asian cuisine; taiwanese is my new flavor of the month.

they're still great in mid-afternoon desu

Well, if you like them then who am I to judge?

I guess I am just a bread fanatic, I mean that isn't to say I dislike it, it's just I wouldn't go out of my way to get one without cheap pricing/fresh bread.

They make good ones near you?

Yeah, pretty damn good. There's a couple places, but my favorite is this tiny little place tucked in the back corner of a Vietnamese strip mall. I'll usually pick up some kind of sweet pastry, usually a mooncake with salted egg yolk.

The best ones usually are, haha.

How are mooncakes anyway, I have always been curious but I've heard two differing opinions on them which are: Amazing and meme food (not those exact words but it's surmised from paragraphs of explanation).

I've only had the Vietnamese kind, but they're sweet and filled with weird dried fruits I've never heard of, with a crumbly texture made more interesting by the addition of nuts. The salted egg yolk in the middle balances the sweetness, and I'm a big fan.

Oh cool, I enjoy contrasts as well.

The next time I see a mooncake I'll be sure to try it, thanks!

If it's bad, go Hue city on their gook asses.

I'm really good at bartering so the Vietnamese store owners light up when they see me, cool people.

Just remember, beneath their food loving and genial exterior are the hearts of fierce warriors, ready to slit your throat at any moment.

I couldn't do that, it ain't me...