Name a better show

Name a better show

Pro tip: you cant.

Cooking shows are not important enough to bother ranking them.

Mario Batali's show was awesome, if only because you could watch a fat, sweating redhead burn the fuck out of food while leering at female guests through a cocaine haze. That motherfucker is my hero.

this shows only good if youre a pants on head retard and mostly serves as an outlet for a fucking nerd to monologue for 30 min about things that should be common sense

and the whole aversion to unitaskers or w/e the fuck pointis kind of moot when he makes stupid shit like a fucking fish scaling box

tldr fuck good eats

That show is a piece of art.
Informative, fun and useful.

I liked No reservation/The Layover too.

Good eats is fine if your parents never taught you to cook and you're a STEM autist that needs a dork talking about molecules for you to understand a basic skill like cooking. If you're a competent human who isn't a sperglord, then the recipes are often underwhelming.

I'm imagining a whole line of good eats style shows that inserts unnecessary, poorly applied "science" into life skills and so dorks who don't understand basic life skills and think science is the ultimate source of authority and knowledge can feel superior because they know the "scientifically correct" way to do their dishes or w/e.

This was my issue with it as well, was really annoying when a home ec teacher would put this spastic crap on.

>it's worthless to apply the scientific method to our daily life so we can understand what happens when when certain physical processes are performed and why they are done that way.

Says an anti-science spewmaster on an amazonian exotic bird plucking board on a communication system developed solely through the application of the scientific method.

>STEMlords actually believe that science is the only valuable way of viewing the world.

Go suck kenji's dick.

any show that doesn't have that retard as a host

I like his live show when he goes on tour. I hate to sound ADHD but Good Eats is a little long in the tooth, every episode could be summarized in about 6 or 7 minutes.

The content is great, the presentation is Meh for me. Also I'm positive I'm not the only person who feels this way.

RESULTS are the only valuable way of viewing the world.
>b-b-but I like to do it my way
It's still the objectively wrong way, asshole.

You're like my mother, who actually got out of her chair to shout "THAT'S WRONG" at the television after a researcher on ATK said, paraphrased, "We made about 200 batches of spaghetti, adding oil at various stages of cooking, and at no point did adding oil do anything to stop the pasta from sticking together."
Literally leapt to her feet, pointed, and raised her voice. To tell a man on the tee vee that despite empirical observation and repeated single-variable experimentation that "my way" was better.

>RESULTS are the only valuable way of viewing the world.

What constitutes a good result is socially determined though. STEMlords will get you how you get there, but they're shit at telling you where you should go.

It's ironic that sperglords only read genre ficiton but they totally miss the message of like 90% of science fiction which is "science is not an end to itself, and viewing it as such is often creates bad outcomes" but they ignore it in favor of the cool pew pew lasers parts.

>objectively measuring taste
top wew laddy

But what about results taken out of context and applied haphazardly? Flawless, elegantly-applied science is a good way to view the world, sure, but is that really what you get from this show? And even then I'm conceding the serendipity of human experience.

Fuck you bitch

the 2004 edition of Harold Mcgee On Food and cooking: the science and lore of the kitchen also disagrees with ATK. I'm guessing they didn't pass the pasta through the surface of the water where the oil floats.

He makes things like a grilled cheese sandwich too difficult. Makes me say fk it and buy some fast food.

Damn Alton way to get triggered. AIDS must be acting up today, huh?

I disagree OP, now Triple D on the other hand is money

I wish Alton, Andrew Zimmern, and Anthony Bourdain did a travel food show together.

no reservations
triple d
Keeping it canada
Fuck thats delicious
Handle it

>hugh fearlessly-eatsitall
his river cottage veg cookbook was great, though.

how are his shows?

i don't really pay attention to his other shows.
they're usually about getting people across the UK to understand the importance of local produce and farming.

nothing can beat river cottage though. it's comfy as fuck

Yea haha, science is for nerd
*proceeds to eat overpriced organic-glutenfrew shit*

Know where I can find them?

you might be able to watch escape to river cottage on youtube if you're not from the UK
you can also watch it on 4od (but the ads are a huge pain)
i'm sure you can find the episodes somewhere on the internet as well.

i usually watch river cottage being aired on the good food channel