My roommate moved out and left a package of "imitation crab" in the freezer. It has been there since September...

My roommate moved out and left a package of "imitation crab" in the freezer. It has been there since September. What is it and what can I do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=What is imitation crab and what can I do with it?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is it
The hotdog of fish
>what can I do with it?
Make unsatisfying dishes
Or more appropriately throw it in the trash

lmgtfy.com/?q=What is imitation crab and what can I do with it?

It's cheap fish made to taste like crab.

You can eat it straight out of the package, it tastes fine enough, otherwise it's good mixed with spaghetti and a little butter and salt

soup.

I like it in a 'salad' with onion, celery, Old Bay seasoning, and some mayo.

crab rangoon

It's good in fettuccine alfredo or fried rice. Additional bacon will make both better.

I like to eat it straight out of the bag. Otherwise, you can season with salt and pepper or Old Bay and mix with a little bit of mayo, green onion and pickle optional, and make a "seafood salad" of sorts. Have it in a sandwich with your favorite veggies.

It's pre-cooked crab flavored fish. It's best used as food for the homeless

OP here. I agree with this. I don't like the sounds of imitation anything.

If its just fish that tastes like crab then whats the problem? Sounds a lo better than regular fish

It will kill you

It doesn't really taste like crab. I like the taste but if you think of it as crab you're going to be disappointed. Surimi is good because it's a generic, mild seafood taste that's cheap and works in a variety of applications. It's good as surimi, not as imitation crab.

best option
other than can trash in throw

batter and deep fry it

serve with mayo,chives, and lemon

this

>My roommate moved out and left a package of "imitation crab" in the freezer.

How much of it? If there's 1/3 of a ton I need more details. I need to know what happened to your roommate.

It is crab flavoured pollock. The only reason anyone should eat it is if they can't eat shellfish.

Batter and deep fry it

Notice that it is being described as "crab flavored fish" and not "fish that tastes like crab". It's never a good idea to indulge in cheap, old processed seafood.

>"imitation crab"

My son?

Use it like chinese people use fish cake, chuck it in soups, stir fries, and vegetable dishes.

Tru, if it was old id prob stay away. But recently bought sounds great for sushi rolls or pasta

Ask /diy/. They are obsessed with imitation crab meat.

Its just cheap cooked fish that should be eaten cold. Its not really supposed to be crab, just enjoy it for what it is.
Also, there is a huge variation. It goes from delicious to shit, and I haven't really figured out why. I love this stuff when its good, but too often the quality is shit. I wish there was a way to tell for sure I'm buying the right stuff.

>tastes like bitch nigga titties