Got a bag of rice till next week, how do I make it taste okay

Got a bag of rice till next week, how do I make it taste okay.

>I have an assortment of spices and sauces.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake
myrecipes.com/recipe/rice-congee-soup-jook
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Put some sauces and spices on it

soy sauce

ketchup. might as well get your lycopene.

eat it like a normal dish just without the protein or, if you can, egg. A small amount of sauce with peppers & carrots in it while it reduces with raw white onions added last, all Chinese cut

Rice already tastes okay. You just need to add protein and vegetables and you have a balanced meal.

But there's nothing wrong with the rice.

If you can't enjoy plain white rice, you should probably commit sudoku. That being said, I'll help a brother out.

>make rice as you normally would
>drain it well. Only Mexicans eat wet rice
>make patties out of rice. Some rice vinegar would do nicely, but any vinegar is good if you have it on hand
>if not, don't sweat it
>dip the rice patties in either buttermilk or regular milk
>flour em
>dip them in buttermilk one more time
>flour again
>fry them well on each side
>in a bowl, mix soy sauce, wershershisher shoss, and honey mustard
>thicken the sauce with a little flour if needed
>add a dollop on to each patty
>pairs well with merlot, rose' wine, or Diet Dr Thunder

This isn't healthy at all and is dangerous as a staple diet for a week.

Rice needs vegetables and a protein paired with it period

>white people """rice""""

Who the fuck said it needed to be healthy? If the guy is trying to sustain himself for a week on nothing but a bag of rice, why bring up "muh vegetables and protein"? He needs to try to get his stomach full in a cheap and obtainable manner. Take your off topic shitposting somewhere else.

soy sauce, or salt + pepper

>trying to sustain himself
>why bring up "muh vegetables and protein"?

You're fat and always tired, aren't you?

Add some milk

I'm going to explain this to you as simply as I can.

Given the context of his post, OP only has a bag of rice to eat. Maybe some sauces. I had the goddamned common decency to follow the guidelines of his post.
You, on the other hand, recommended something else entirely and completely missed the point of the thread.

I may or may not be fat, but you are most definitely shittarded.

Do you ONLY have rices. If you can stretch your budget a handfull of of dollar bills and change we can start talking. Do like spicy swamp nigger do and make some backwards cajun food, coming fromna cajun family some recipies are cheap and will feed and fill you up like no other.

Sounds like you got not much in your pocket. If you got some extra bus fare, buy a carton of eggs, some simple hearty veg like carrots, or You can steam your vegetables in the microwave if you have no access to a stove, just look up the proper process, else go for vegetables you can eat raw and dip with whatever sauce you got even salad dressing and chase with a spoonful of rice. You can also go full wartime jap and try a tamago kake gohan if you got the eggs.

Shred some carrots, grab raisins, prunes and dried apricots, add to the pot before cooking, get a wonderful sweet pilaf.

Can't be bothered posting quantities, just eyeball it.
1. Fry some bacon and onion in the bottom of a saucepan, remove the bacon when cooked.
2. Add some cumin seeds to the bottom of the pan and toast them a little bit to release aroma.
3. Add rice and chicken broth then bring to a boil and simmer until the broth is absorbed.
4. Remove heat, fluff rice and chuck a handful of frozen peas on top, cover for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in bacon and gently heat through before serving.
Ham and pea da' best.

Serve it as a side dish!

Pepsi

this, put it in before you cook it

Rice is good on its own with some spices like mixed spice, cayenne pepper, grill rub and herbs added in. Vary the spices as much as possible, no doubt you'll get bored of it near the end of the week.

FATTY SPOTTED

Go back and reread the question, retard.
>Weebs really are this dumb.

There was no question, retard.

A main dish of cock was implied :3

pork floss or fish floss

Do you have seafood seasoning? Just use that on everything. Seafood seasoning makes everything good.

What kind of spices/sauces we talkin OP? Even the most basic spice makes plain rice way better.

Also do you have absolutely no other food?

Soy

I steam my rice in a vegetable steamer with curry+salt.
Perfect fluffy rice every time.

Add some Sriracha because i wouldn't be able to eat 300g every day without some spicyness

U mad?

Why till only next week? Is the owner coming back?

Asian here
you should try "Muối vừng" with white rice

>cook a bow of peanut over hot iron pan, no oil
>remember to remove the hard shell
>when the peanut stop popping and smell good, put them in a bow and let they cool till you can touch them with your hand
>remove all the silk outer by rubbing the peanut with your hand
>put the peanut into a mill
>dry some rock salt with hot iron pan, and then grind them into powder
>or you can just use powder salt
>mix the peanut with the powder salt
>you can add some sugar if you like

Tuna, lemon juice and lemon is really nice. I also just throw some Tabasco sauce on rice sometimes because I just love the taste of it so much.

I meant lemon juice and pepper.

>bowl of rice, egg, soy sauce
Breakfast.
>bowl of rice, slice of meat, spices
Lunch.
>bowl of rice, vegetables, bit of meat
Dinner.
Repeat daily.

That sounds pretty good.

>he doesn't know

God I miss the keions

Make a lot, take old rice and put it over med-high heat with canola+sesame oil, stir til no chunks are left and all rice is coated with some oil, keep frying til a nice crust develops on bottom - essential additions would be scallions as garnish, an egg scrambled in the center of the pan when its almost done, and sauces (chilibean-soy-fish...), if you can afford some cabbage that also goes a long way, also you can work in whatever is left in your kitchen

sriracha meme sauce and a little bit of lemon is pretty good my dood

Says the loser reading webcomics.

Put the spices you want the rice to taste like in the water with the rice. If you have stock or bolun cubes they'll be a hearty lifesaver.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake

>having to 'drain' rice because he thinks it's pasta.

Opinion discarded. Steam rice, flyover.

I got one if you're hungry enough ;3

>he doesnt put the ridge in a refrigerator for a day before he eats it

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

These. Been doing this for years now. My grandma used to have the best rice.

Another thing that you can get is curry.

>draining rice

>Diet Dr Thunder

Have some respect for yourself

>drain rice
wut

harissa

You're telling me I'm the only one ego occasionally puts in too much water?
Fine.
The point is, make sure you're using sticky rice with minimal moisture.

do you expect me to buy Bubba Cola? In THIS economy?

washing and draining rice before eating. remember: the workers eat and shit in rice field. yes id wash it too...

This was a family staple back in the day, delicious, cheap and easy to make.

Fry them in butter before adding water, add salt, after all the water is gone let it simmer longer than you usually do.

Your spices and sauces are much more expensive than the rice itself. Save them until you obtain real food.
To me its insanely stupid for a destitute poor person to consume several dollars worth of spices and sauces on ten cents worth of rice.
Just use salt and pepper. By the way, these are absolutely FREE, just visit the dining room of any restaurant and take some. You might score additional condiments as well.

>i may or may not be fat
Caught me off guard there pal

Make some 粥 nigger:

myrecipes.com/recipe/rice-congee-soup-jook

It's easy as fuck and incredibly cheap, just substitute turkey wings in the recipe with chicken carcass, beef bone, or whatever other broth making bones you can buy at a butcher for a dollar or less a pound. They will give your jyuk even better flavour than normal wings, though not much meat/protein.

For protein pop in a halved hard boiled egg, or, if your white ass is feeling adventurous, a diced preserved hundred years egg.

You'll thank me later, and don't forget your vegetables.

fuck rice
i hat e rice
beans and potatoes all the way povertywise

As soon as the rice is done cooking, add in a can of uncooked mushroom soup and mix it up. Add a little pepper and you've got a tasty dish.

Put butter,chicken stock and thyme

Butter and salt
Meat drippings
Soy sauce
All of the above

look up furikake