Papa John, Confirmed Billionaire

Veeky Forums laughed and laughed and laughed when I predicted in 2013 that Based Papa would be a billionaire in three years. sup now mofuggers?

forbes.com/sites/danielasirtori/2017/01/05/new-billionaire-how-papa-johns-ceo-john-schnatter-turned-pizza-into-ten-figure-fortune/

>offer outstanding quality
>hire locally
>offer fruit when asked
>dipping sauces free for all

Turns out I was right again. Papa John's will continue to dominate the American food scene!

Best pizza chain available in Canada imo

I'm gonna get one pretty soon, really close to my place (yuroop)

Is it any good? How does it compare to New York pizza and Domino's? New York pizza here is fine, a bit too fluffy for some, but I kinda like it. Domino's here is kinda cheap and average at best

The main reason he's a billionaire is because of Peyton Manning.

>Pay your employees nothing
>Use sauces and doughs packed with preservatives to maintain long shelf life
>Not even managers are full time to avoid paying health care
>Advertise the shit out of everything and get NFL endorsements
He's a smart businessman
Doesn't make his pizza any less disgusting

>offer fruit when asked
>offer
>when asked

Nice sources nerd

>hire locally

As opposed to outsourcing delivery men? Duh.

Compared to dominos, PJ's is god-tier

(Objectively though, it's just good, not superb)

Honestly, be prepared for the culinary journey of a lifetime.

>fresh cut vegetables
>naturally cured Vermont sausage
>gluten free crusts
>desert pizzas available!!

My European friends, I tell you. You're in for one helluva meal. All for the modest price of $8.99

The sauce is alright. Nice, herby, doesn't taste like raw tomatoes from a can. The crust is alright, airy, chewy, flour on the raised crust.

Toppings are pizza-hut tier. Literally horrible. The Papa johns I have had have had almost NO cheese on them. Seriously, one of the driest pizza's I have ever had. The dipping sauce was disgusting, just margarine with a slightly higher solvent blend so it is a thick liquid.

VASTLY over-prized for what it is. I think me and my friends spent nearly £50 on two pizzas and garlic bread. Not really worth it. Won't order again unless there was a serious deal on it.

If you wanna pay the employees extra, feel free to leave a generous tip on your bill. Otherwise, shut up, because restaurant profit margins are around 3-5% for the owners and the risk is huge.

>European
>$

Congrats on your prediction user.

I used to prefer Papa John's to any other of the chain alternatives (if I can't order from a local good italian restaurant that is, or use Publix dough to make my own).

Anyway, I have to say I've been really happy last couple years with the Pizza Hut $10 online deal (create your own) I get hand tossed, normal stuff per my mood but pile it on since the toppings are unlimited and add like the peruvian cherry peppers to finish it. Sometimes I get a pretzel crust, sometimes the garlic butter. Nothing offensive like Dominos, it seems like they got the sauce balance down right finally, not too pasty, not too sweet, not too heavy handed.

I'm not saying he should pay them more, I'm explaining why he has made so much money.

>nearly £50 on two pizzas and garlic bread
what the fuck, are you serious? how? i never get chain pizza because i have great local restaurants in my area

Go to your local place. Chain pizzas are fucking garbage.

I admire him. Not the best pizza but breddy gud deliver and he created a hell of a business.

That's just the prices they were.

Papa Johns is a bit of a meme, "Couple sody pops" has transferred into one or two of our jokes along with "Papa bless". We regularly have pizza night at least once a month and watch movies. So we decided to try it.

No deals. No vouchers. No discounts. Literally only ordering off the menu, there was no option to do anything else. Maybe it's different ordering in the store?

Each of their largest pizzas was like £22-£24.

I do NOT recommend PapaJohns. I would order it over a shitty Afgan/Paki man pizza shop if it was a reasonable price. But it's not.

I'll stick with dominoes. It's mostly sugar but hey. Consistency, and pretty fucking good deals.

I like Papa Johns. Consistently has the best crust and the bottom doesn't get that disgusting grease pool which makes it less crisp.

>doesnt use deals
>complains about the non discounted price

what seems to be the problem?

No, as in, there WAS no deals.

There was no option on the online order to apply for a "buy one get one half priced" or "Pizza night in" or that kind of stuff.

It was menu price ONLY.

You just need to find out about your local deals. Chicagoland stores have 50% off deals for the football, basketball, and hockey teams. I have never paid full price for anything from papa johns

I blame pineapple.

>clipping pieces of paper to save $.50

Well I think we all know where this thread is going...

Pic related

>tfw some Italian guy from jersey runs a little pizza shop 4 minutes from my house

Feels good to live in Texan suburbia

>It's 2017

That's four years, dumdum.

papa bless

He wasn't already a billionaire?

The pizza is actually pretty good.

At least, compared to Domino's and Pizza Hut anyways.

Even most big league CEOs don't hit a billion in their lifetime. People don't realize how how fucking rich that is, people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have desensitized everyone.

if papa johns sauce didnt taste like shit i would eat it all the time

I've told this story before. No one ever believes me, but this happened.

From 2010 to 2011 I worked as a driver at a Domino's in Louisville, KY. One night I had gone out on a run. Probably 7 or 8 pm. It was dark out. I hadn't even driven 100 yards from the parking lot and stopped at a red light. A car pulls up next to me on my right and is honking and motioning for me to roll down my window. It's like a 70's or maybe early 80's Camaro. Really nice looking, freshly waxed. I put the window down and I'm looking at the driver and he's giving me a look that says "what the hell's your problem?" Next thing I know an open can of Miller high life comes flying in the window and splashes all over the front seats. The camaro then sped off through the red light and the driver and passenger both flip me off as they;re speeding away. It wasn't until years later that I saw Schnatter on tv at his Louisville home with his newly-reclaimed classic Camaro which had been stolen that I realized "this was the motherfucker who threw the beer at me."

This is why America is fat...because of shitty pizza like this.

Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Domino's, they are all the same disgusting shit.

You can tell me all you want how Papa John's has fresh ingredients, which is bullshit because it tastes like cardboard and cheese. It's the same as eating a nasty Hot Pocket.

I'm not even a pizza guy, but I'd choose fresh New York pizza over all that preservative filled shit.

Still prefer Dominos. Free sauces is pretty nice though.

>New York has ruined their pizza culture with a race to the bottom

More than half the pizza joints sell that shitty paper thin zero taste $1 pizza now. The chains are definitely better than that shit

Food technology has progressed in a frightening way

If there is any delivery pizza worse than papa john's I'd like to know.

>MFW they say free pizza at work is coming.Then papa johns shows up.

Screenshot of said prediction?

Why would I eat Papa John's when Marco's exists?

Ugh the pan pizza

good pizza

If only there were a way to get the toppings from Domino's onto the sauce/crust from Papa.

>If only there were a way to get the toppings from Papa John's onto the sauce/crust from Pizza Hut.

fixed that for you

>Pizza Hut
>Ketchup on Grease Triangles

good for him

guy started a business himself and reached the end game, the triple comma club. he won

only had the pizza once though, I was in new york city and decide to be a contrarian little faggot

>Grease Triangles

>Implying this isn't the most based crust ever invented by man

Invented, yes. In a lab.

This logo is lewd

Just thinking about it...

I'm so fucking erect right now.

I've never had Papa John's before (Canadian). Is it any good?

I remember reading that he sent a letter to all his employees warning them about voting for Obama because of obamacare etc. Americans seem to be okay with employers saying this kind of stuff to their employees, but it bugged me and I probably wouldn't buy his pizza for this reason. Not even a liberal either, I just think employers have no right to enforce politics on employees.

Then again, Americans think routine drug tests are totally normal and fine so I shouldn't have brought this up.

>hire locally
>As opposed to outsourcing delivery men? Duh.
lol exactly

He only did that because he saw how close he was to a billion dollarydoos. I'm sure if he could take it all back now, he would.

No better way to start the day

Meh
I've had pizzas from quite a few places, and they were OK too, but nothing amazing

Heck even one where the chef was Italian, the pizza was good but again, nothing that blew my mind or some shit
But indeed better than the chains. They don't do delivery tho :'(

>eating soy

Papa Johns is fairly shit-tier in the pizza department. Their crust has the consistency of bread sticks rather than pizza crust, and is doughy throughout. If I wanted that, I'd just buy a shitty frozen DiGiorno and call it a day. Hell, if I don't feel like making pizza from scratch, I can get a cheap $4.00 cheese one from the grocery store and put my own, better toppings on it.

I have no idea how people regularly eat garbage like this, unless they're in fly-over country or the UK, where pizza remains a foreign concept. People ordering this crap: does your city/town really suck so much that you don't have any sort of real pizza, in any of its forms?

I strongly disagree with pretty much the entirety of this post, but I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions.

You actually like Papa Johns? Or you think fly over wasteland and the UK have good pizza? Or both?

The first, I'm sure everything in the UK is just as awful as it sounds.

Shut it down GOY!

I have to agree there's nothing like eating pizza from a local Italian place. Papa johns, while it is better than any other chain pizza on the market, it does not meet the umph local pizza has

I hate papa johns and think it's disgusting but for some reason everyone else is obsessed with it and thinks it's really good

i dunno tastes the best of the chain pizzas to me.

sure it doesnt hold a candle to the local wood fired pizza place here, but that shit is twice the price of papa johns

If that's true, that's pretty fucking petty. I can't imagine Bill Gates walking up to a Genius Bar and bitchslapping the technician on duty.

Apple is only around as a company because Microsoft got so big that Bill Gates felt he had to be nice to Apple and invest or he'd lose his company

>If that's true

kek, you fucking moron.