Cabbage

Bought a cabbage. Realised I have no idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

budgetbytes.com/2016/08/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Throw half of it chopped into a wok.
Add curry powder, butter, salt, pepper and diced bacon.

Stirfry

budgetbytes.com/2016/08/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/

>Realised I have no idea what to do with it.

I think cabbage is really the least of your worries.

Chop it up and put it in a bowl with some ranch dressing. After all, cabbage is just Asian lettuce.

Coleslaw, stir fry or steamed and a side for some dish

Stuff the leaves with ground meat and rice, cover with tomato sauce and cook them in the oven until tender.

Chop the shit out of that muthafucker and then toss it straight into the trash.

In what country is it called "holubky?"

Fry bacon ends, add onion chili and garlic, then cabbage. A bit of fish sauce or fermented bean paste to make it a glorious tasty and gaseous night.

absolutely disgusting.
just throw the cabbage away op.

if you plan on chopping it up and putting it in the fridge, do not use a steel blade. cutting cabbage with a steel blade turns the leaves black. i dont know why

These other posters are literally retarded. Make sauerkraut

Slavs pls go

Sauerkraut's fucking disgusting. Kill yourself.

Easiest way:
Chop roughly(very rough)
Sear over high heat with butter, add salt and pepper to taste. Charred and soft will be delicious.
Slightly harder but still easy: GEt some gochujang,rice wine vinegar and fish sauce. Add a couple tbsp each to a blender, blend, toss with seared cabbage. Spicy and delicious.

cabbage
lettuce
tomato
cucumber
cheese
some kind of salad dressing

wa la

>Sauerkraut's fucking disgusting

No, it's not. gtfo out

I've never been able to make a sauerkraut that I prefer to pic related

So I'm with the others on doing a stir fry. Maybe make a hearty stew or fry it up with a little butter or bacon grease

Sauerkraut is fermented. Do you really think that a dude who doesn't even know what to do with a cabbage is going to succeed at fermentation without poisoning himself?

Chop it up, fry it on high heat (7-8 on your stove) with oil, add garlic and soy sauce when it's nearly cooked. I add garlic chili paste as well.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking tough. Shred cabbage into 1/8" strips. Sprinkle salt (amount determined by weight of cabbage.) Pack into non- reactive container and keep weight on to keep submerged under liquid.

By george, us rocket scientists just made a batch of fucking sauerkraut, moron.

eat with face

Ham and cabbage soup. I'm actually making that right now

That's going to taste like bitter semen with heat.

Personally I like it plain steamed. Tastes good and is about as easy as it can get.

"Cutting it up"
How autistic. I just put the whole ball in a jar with some salt, wait a few weeks, and I'm good

Consider making cabbage rolls or something

Coleslaw would be my go to. But maybe sauerkraut if you're feeling ambitious?

I actually made these last week. Golumpkies, easy but time consuming to make. And yes, am Polish.

IIIISSSSS BORIS

Boil with potatoes and carrots. Wear old laundry. Eat while pretending you're a peasant.

beisbol

>Slavic music intensifies

Stir fry it. Its fucking easy

Put some garlic and oil in a pan, low-medium heat

once the garlic turns a little brownish (not too brown though or it will taste like shit), put the cabbage in, stir fry until cabbage is a little soft

oh and add salt and pepper. I personally use anchovies salt but I'm not sure if its available where you're from.

Czech Republic.

More for me!

My grandmother used to make these for my family. She was mostly blind so she didn't have anything else to do but cook for us. It is time-consuming, but it is so worth it.

Is this a weird thing for people?
Its just a cabbage roll. It has meat in it, nothing wrong with it

Most cultures with cabbage have some version of cabbage rolls. It's just Veeky Forums being Veeky Forums.

Also I am a dirty Slav, even though a Western rather than Eastern one.

make some cabbage, you fucking pylon

RIP cebege :(

Not the greatest picture but my ham and cabbage soup came out great. Pretty hard to fuckup though. 27 degrees here so it's really hitting the spot

OP here, I ended up frying some bacon, onion fennel seeds and thyme in some butter for a bit, added the shredded cabbage and cooked for about 10 minutes or so, so it was still crunchy, then added some creme fraiche and served it with a baked potato.

It was pretty good.

Ukrainian background here, my grandmother called them "Holobchee", and i think poles and other east euro's have similar words?

I love cabbage soup. I usually make mine with lamb meat.

Kill yourself

Not in czech republic, "holubky" is from slovakia

I didn't realize non-slavs dont eat cabbage rolls. They are p. good.
t. Polander

seconding, they're probably one of my all time favorite dishes
t. another Polander

colcannon

american here.
It's pretty common around here for the lower income crowd. Peasant food. We just call it stuffed cabbage.

It's pretty good, I miss having it.

>ctrl F
>no mention of corned beef and cabbage
it's literally the ultimate comfy meal and everyone else here is wrong

>pretty common around here for the lower income crowd. Peasant food
that's actually why it is so popular in slav countries, most people don't have that much money. still doesn't mean it isn't tasty. many good recipes come from old poverty cultures. much unlike american poverty food which is processed crap

Unless you cure it yourself, you cannot find that shit year-round

thus you cure it yourself
I don't see any problem here?

His cabbage will be shite by then

I guess I meant for future reference because that is a good point
In any case, for me it is corned beef and cabbage the best home cooked meal

Mum makes really small holubky that just melt on your tongue

Slovakia represent