/smg/ - Stock Market General

Be Philosophical edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Attached: shitposting_with_money.png (708x503, 384K)

crash fucking when

Maybe today
>Zuck Inc. is getting bogged
>FED is about to shitpost on interest rate and the market is pretending to not have seen it coming
>AMRS wil also get bogged because of take profit meme

brb kms

Morning early birds!

Who else held UVXY? We holding until Wednesday for the FED to really fuck everything?

Attached: FB_IMG_1489762704804.jpg (1280x960, 96K)

hoping for some comfy rainy day gains. plz

Just buy $MU.

bought 2000 amd shares at 11.43 lets do this

Attached: original_116725354.png (1147x917, 1.5M)

Morning all

Attached: DFED4C99-53C6-4EB0-A87C-D7386DB6205E.jpg (3264x2448, 1.2M)

sup bill

I'm holding till Wednesday.

>Got options trading on RH right as the fes about to raise rates.
Based RH

Live stream your suicide

LONG CLRB

whatcha buying with your newfound options?

>tfw they wouldn’t approve me right now.

Looking for hot tips on the next big thing

Can someone explain options to an brainlet. I just want to be rich. $100 ready to invest right now.

Pandora 4/6 puts and AMAT or ASML calls.
Might sell some AMD puts since I'm long and bag holding them anyways.

You buy low and you sell high

>$100 ready to invest right now.
then don't bother. options are risky as fuck because anything could wipe out the price in a second

ey dudes the short run on the spx is not over yet. just saying
thank me later

case in point, I'm about to lose 2k on intel calls because I bet it would have gone up to 52.5. it didn't and now I'm fucked

It's like a roulette wheel, but for the stock market, it's fucking great

Bought Amyris at 6.97 - will I kill myself today or not?

FB is shitting all over my FNGU this morning, god damn. I should dump it, half of FNGU is fucking garbage

BRK.A

Its okay the one user says it will be 10 bux by end of the year.

>tfw class starts at 9:30 every Monday and Wednesday
I don't even know why I come to this class.

Meme aside, I could see it dropping in value as some people will probably dump, but overall you shouldn't have bought after the prophecy was witnessed.

I bought @6.74
There is possible dilution (warrant exercing @5.3$)
I think AMRS should be volatile for a while

I fomo'd on friday and now am getting punished by the Bogs.
Repent and accept your bags.

Mornin niggas

Attached: 1513991868716.jpg (749x1069, 64K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT S DROPPING

Morning

AHHHHHHHH

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-083122.png (1080x1920, 77K)

BEAR DAY

AHHHHHH HHH
ITS ALL IN THE RED!!!

AKER is going to $1. Eventually.

Attached: reservoir_bogs.png (2381x1701, 224K)

Good morning anons. What will you be buying in todays dip?

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.png (1200x750, 1014K)

Why didn't you listen to me? I've been telling you all today was going to be red for a month.

Attached: 5C6340FE-F5FC-42A7-A5D2-1B20962DAE7C.jpg (1692x1167, 1.63M)

Is cron back?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Ngl, the UVXY hold is making this comfy

>tfw you bought Amyris at 4.50 then it shoots to 7.00 and you sell

>tfw you made a limit buy at 6.25 and it fills then shoots immediately back up

Attached: 96BA9918-6722-45B5-A75E-EEC486D8E660.jpg (800x677, 98K)

It's gonna be very interesting. Is there any reason not to short something today?

The market is kill. We're about to retest the February lows. After that, it's a coin toss.

>lost 120 dollars in 12 mintues
Damn that was fast.

Attached: 1461089602535.png (2003x2152, 232K)

>TO
>THE
>MOONROCKS

Attached: 8A9DD07B-7E57-4AE5-8FF2-6890A7D08DFE.jpg (1024x724, 143K)

The real question is what is going to be the reddest of red today.

Pls be faceberg

RSII is a fucking beast

Attached: 1518647085151.jpg (800x800, 120K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WASN'T FEBRUARY ENOUGH???

Attached: 1518711344334.png (1962x1088, 1.75M)

good lad. you still shorting bonds all week? i found a 3x leveraged short on the 20+yr long treasuries (TMV). you said you were in TBT, right? i think thats only 2x

I bought some UVXY Friday afternoon. How long should I hodl? Or sell now?

Probably be able to hold it most of the week.

Netflix, all in

fuuuuuuuck this market

which one of you prepared the bear?

I'm still short bonds. I'll have to add that TMV meme to my watch list. Thanks.

>FB

Why is this graph always right? Even with individual securities. It's crazy.

Attached: stages_bubble.png (720x482, 30K)

Looks like abgood week for uvxy and sqqq

CMRD earnings today

The AMRS bogging is not going to last long. I predict at least $10 by the end of this week or sooner.

Only -37 now whew.
Options are fun! Fun!

what should i be watching to see when bonds will turn? obviously FED will kick these short bonds ETFS into overdrive, but do you know of anything that i could use to chart when exactly the rate hike will be? ive been using UUP to track the dollar and CPI (as an overlay, no one really trades it) to track inflation, but since these ETFs (TMV TBT) hold TIPS, they shouldnt be affected by inflation, no? sorry about all the questions, but i saw your idea on friday (short bonds, long vol) and decided to do some research.

junk bonds, would definitely be hit by both inflation AND rate hikes, both of which were getting this week, but i couldnt find a leveraged short ETF unfortunately. but i did find a regular old inverse ETF for them with SJB

I seriously hope the deathnote for facebook has been written. Making business look well from pajeet clickfarms was bound to pop at some point.

I have done my homework and my DCF model tells me it is undervalued as fuck (fair SP should be 16$ with shares outstanding of 90M, John Melo’s guidance and very conservative inputs)

But I am a neet brainlet posting on burmese fruit picking board so what do I know

Priced in bud

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Memes aside, is BPMX about to take off?

Are people seriously that concerned about their data in facebook? I dont think they are likely to stop using it because of concerns.

Nope, nobody see's this shit coming, and the market is going to have a baby.

yeah even the shorts are laying off it. have you been noticing the big buys weve been getting just after the bell? they are trying to not get everyone excited so they can still get the cheapies, is my bet

really, then why did TIPS dump a half a percent over the weekend? not tryin to be all fucking hotheaded, honestly asking. never really payed too much attention to bonds, but im interested in more or less shorting them for months as all this new FED shit rolls in. seems that with interest at its all time low, bonds have only one way to go and thats down

This was my exact thought in January.

Yields are already around 3%, I dont see it going higher than that for years

Nice market guys.

Make it stop

Only if you suck my cock >;^)

AMRS mooon by the end of the week?

Here's the thing if the yield increases to like 3.5% or 4% the sell off in equities to move into bonds will crash the market. When you've got these retirement accounts that are only looking for decent paying dividends and not so much on the growth side, that money will flow out of equities and into the bond market faster than the market can react. Then you end up in a chain sell off situation. Hence the long volatility UVXY and S&P short SPXS along with the Bear Bond meme.

It is only priced at 1.5 of projected sales.

I believe Melo is finally being realistic on his guidance since he and his team actually delivered in Q417

I don’t know what should be the PS ratio of a biotech growth company but it is definitely not a mere 1.5

Here comes amrs mother fuckers.
Jump in an help an outrageous squeeze.

smart guy. pretty much just cracked out on reading about bonds all week (dont drink), and as soon as i came to a basic understanding of their pricing, i thought the same thing.

i think youre underestimating how fucking crazy everything is right now. we will see

shit man, this is some fucking logic. you thinking there will be a spike in gold? was thinking about adding JNUG to my bear squadron

VTGN just bounced, was there news or is this just noise?

no because you are assuming that even with higher yields they would still outperform equities, which will probably never happen for many years from now

BASED netflix
Sold

Attached: 1520186473997.gif (400x267, 756K)

Why is the market so bad? Did President idiot orange DRUMPF do this?

unless, like he said, equities fucking dump. in which case they will definitely outperform them as they arent as volatile and treasuries offer protection from inflation.

in fact, im starting to think that crashing EVERYTHING at the same time is the plan. crypto, equities, bonds, all looking bearish as shit right now. meanwhile central banks are buying up cheap bonds en masse, per usual, and holding gold. as much as i fucking despise central bankers, they are the only ones making sense right now.

Its not about the performance growth, it's the safety and security in a guaranteed fixed 4%.

you forget that interest on high quality bonds is near guaranteed, equities nothing is guaranteed.

this is the same logic behind why FED buys them, correct? they dont give a fuck about the market direction, simply the accrued interest they can collect

*sigh*

it is about gaining the highest yield, which fucking dividends will always be higher than. Why would anyone go into bonds? Even if the market takes another leg down, its not like this is a fucking recession

Attached: 1520971568782.jpg (564x423, 46K)

fixed-income has been dead forever, I know why people would go into bonds, and theres literally 0 reason for it now. Even if the markets go down you could get higher yields from Coca Cola and real estate

Based Amyris. TO THE MOON, BOYS!!!!

Attached: 9FE43CD2-0E43-45A2-B576-9A94CC7BA554.jpg (560x292, 26K)

no, the fed buys and sells treasuries to control the money supply in order to try and keep inflation between 1-2%

Most dividend yields are absolute shit, REITs usually have the highest, but with all these brick and mortar stores getting squeezed out by Amazon REITs are getting murdered. Once the situation corrects its self and the empty brick and mortar stores shift into entertainment complexes then you will see REITs start to come back, but this is years down the road. Just watch what happens.

Where were you years ago when HRTX was called a shitty memestock with no hope. Don't you want to be rich, user?

RSII just doen't stop

I need a cat soon. Those little fuckers are funny.

the biggest most liquid and stable dividend stocks like cocacola has yields that still outperform projected bond yield growth to 2020, plus, they can just raise the yields, they have the cash

>entertainment complexes

There's only room for so many restaurants, man. Most of them are just gonna go bankrupt