Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/ lads?

is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/ lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUxUpMaZsA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dont spread your shitty meme. You typhoid mary of shitposting.

Fuck off back to rebbit

Hello this is Chef John from fooOOood wishes dot com wiiiiiiiith

reading this in my voiiiice!

That's right, you're now reading this whole sentence, in my voice, along with every stupid sounding inflectiooon!

So lets get started with the rest of my voice in your head.

So you're gonna want to imagine some of my obnoxious sayings, and inflections, bubbling up from your subconscious.

like the ooohooold tappa tappa, a pinch. of Cayenne. and the freakishly small wooden spoon! And don't forget you are the Mister Ed of what you hear in your head.

and after a few short seconds you're already irritateeeed! Just think, me, and my voice, constantly reading every single word of this shitpost!

So head on over to foodwishes dot com and as always

eeeeeenjoooooy!

Jesus christ his face looks gay as fuck

I think he's cute.
I'd give him a handy j.

this.

he's INCREDIBLY fucking annoying to listen to. one of the worst voices in all of youtube.

Chef John is the patrician choice of youtube chefs desu

His voice puts off normies, so it acts like a reddit filter. True patricians fall in love with his voice and his silly rhymes and jokes that he makes every video. He is essentially the cooking channel equivalent of Hugh Mungus. Absolutely BTFOs normies with his old man dad jokes. What's more is his cayenne meme causes the most butthurt out of any youtube cooking meme in existence, yet another reason he BTFOs reddit!

Nope kill yourself his voice is great and he's a good chef so just be quiet and go away

Chef John is my husbando

This. I've learned the most from Chef John, actual usable recipes and techniques, many of which I've repeated.
It seems Veeky Forums will always prefer Jack and that other fat British bitch. I dont find terrible cooking to be funny, I watch to learn about "food and cooking" and I dont give a flying fuck about comedy, personalities, and drama. Chef John is always on topic and to the point with a real recipe.

He's a fucking weirdo. How do you autismos not see that?

youtube.com/watch?v=IUxUpMaZsA0

Implying he can best pic related.

Freshly grooound black pepper

I've started putting some cayenne in most of the stuff that I make and I'm just so happy

Such a little thing makes enough of a difference

It took about 3-5 videos to get used to the voice, but I really like him now and I've tried a few of his recipes/advice and everything turned out great desu

If people want to try things out but can stand his voice, he has detailed blog posts for every video, which is helpful

WHat the hell is that in the pan, not to mention the mongoloid herself.

He definitely has an odd way of speaking, but if you watch his older videos he doesn't have the weird inflections that people know him for, so he probably started doing it once his channel was purchased by that meme food site.

Chef John detected

He always talked like that, its just now he over emphasizes it. Thats just what you do in show business. You take what people like about you and expand on that.

I like the way he talks. It's very comforting and encouraging.

Same. I love crepes and was trying to learn how to make crepes properly but never getting it right, despite following the recipe perfectly. The batter would be a little bit to thick, and I'd think it needed a little bit more milk, but not according the recipe. Then I'm watching Chef John's video and he's talking about how the number one mistake is to make the batter a little to thick, and if that happens just add a little more milk. He always says the right thing. Now my crepes are perfect.

don't you ever reply to my posts again.

fuck off greysun

Remember -- you are the host of your shitpost!

made me chuckle

christ I hope one of his creations kills him before his health does.

He's a solid home cook and funny, warm guy but his voiceover work is unbearable and it doesn't look like he will ever change his intonation.

>home cook

He's a trained professional, that started the blog to cross promote the videos he was being paid to make.

I'm surprised to learn this. He cooks like a home cook despite his "20 plus years of holding just about every position possible in the food industry" as mentioned in his bio. His videos are not in-depth at all.

He is attempting to teach home cooking.
Never making anything in bulk, or with equipment most people dont have. The recipes are based on requests, "food wishes", meaning things that realistically want to be done and will be done at home by viewers. I love this approach, I dont need to see restaurant techniques, that's completely useless to me. I want to see small portions of common things made easily.

Fuck off back there, faggot.

No, I'm not talking about the volume of the food he's making, I'm talking about the technique behind his food, his precision, his thoroughness as a teacher. The overall quality of his work is not nearly at the same level of detail as other home cooks/entertainers like Alton and Kenji.

Look, I said he's solid, but I don't think he's anything to write home about and his insistence on weird intonation kills it for me. It's OK though, we can have different opinions

Neither of those guys are chefs though

That's why I called them home cooks/entertainers, just like "Chef" John is. But the one guy had a problem with me calling John a home cook.

One is not a chef unless they run a kitchen. But we're basically arguing semantics at this point.

Then call him a "former chef". I'm pretty sure this guy was the definition of your term before he started making money from YouTube views.
I think he can keep his title because he is still doing exactly what a chef does... he cooks for a living, only now hes more of a teacher.

Chef John is the best because he actually expects you to not follow every detail blindly and to experiment a bit to learn more about the ingredients you're using. He's all about learning enough to eyeball things and taste-test, which is the best way to improve your cooking imo.

Yes. I made two of his recipes last night:
>julia child's roasted chicken
>twice-baked potatoes

> there are still plebs on this board who don't realize that Chef John is comfy as fuck

How is he "formerly" a chef? How is he not still running a kitchen? How is he not
>the aga khan
>of his baked flan

>hot food sitting on lettuce

Gross

You're a literal retard, man. Many salads are served wilted; i.e., with a warm dressing. It's heavenly, if you're not a tasteless piece of human garbage.
>like you

Honestly, you're suggesting that Julia Child doesn't know how to cook. Dumb fag.

A great summer salad I like to make with fresh garden lettuce, radishes and onions is wilted lettuce where I cube some bacon and brown to crispy then add some vinegar and a bit of sugar and dijon mustard to the pan scraping up the brown bits and then pour it over the salad. It partialy wilts the greens and is delicious.

I get what you're saying, but I get the feeling that he simplifies his approach for ordinary people. And it's refreshing that he's not overly fussy about "authentic" methods like a lot of other smarmy "foodie" youtube fucks are.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kenji and the food lab, and I adore Alton Brown and have his good eats and feasting series on my hard drive, but damn. They can really pile on the fluff sometimes. Over the years I've had about a 75% success rate with Kenji and 85% success with Alton, but John has never let me down for a good basic recipe. Perhaps the other two are better for dialing in and refining a specific food profile.

Maybe this applies mostly to Western cooking technique, but following a foodwishes recipe feels a lot less like studying than the other guys' stuff does. For Eastern/ethnic stuff I go somewhere else than all the guys above.