This lasagna was $26

This lasagna was $26.

Here's a shot of it from before they grated the cheese.

is the puddle on the plate balsamico?

looks disgusting, unfortunate americunts

Some kind of beef broth reduction.

Was it worth it?

Do you feel superior to those who can't afford $26 lasagna slices?

At what point did you realize you were ripped off?

Holy shit that looks terrible. My favorite part is the herb flag planted right in the center. This is like if you took a midwestern housewife and told her to plate her lasagna like she imagines 'one-a dem iron chefs from the TV' would.

w-why?

>26 bucks for a meal that size

Should've gone home after being served that

Dude, that looks like a pound worth of lasagna. How much do you need to eat?

with all the watery grease in the plate which come from a quick heating in a microwave

>He has to eat until he's stuffed to the brim
>He doesn't value the quality of ingredients
>He is fat because he doesn't realize the amount of food a human actually needs

wich restaurant?
lasagna is not really a "fancy" dish served in upscale restaurants where you pay 20-30$ for a main dish... it's more a easy-going whole in the wall restaurant dish 8-10 $ max ...

what kind of beef they used? ... kobe beef?

Does that look like a high quality lasagna to you?

For that kind of money at least thrice as much.

Fat cunt.

No, but if I'm to spend the food budget of 1 1/4 weeks on a fucking lasagna I want to have at least a few days of sustainance.

Jeez you're really poor

i'm dubbing it the "rosemary cactus"

No, and the reason why I'm not is that I'm not throwing out money for shit like that lasagna unlike the tool that is the OP

Looks microwaved and not very appealing. The gravy on the bottom also looks plain gross.

Which Australian restaurant was this in?

If you're bitching about an under 30 meal occasionally at a decent restaurant you're poor

But lets pretend for a moment you have shitty tasetbuds and can't appreciate a good meal. What are you spending your new money on?

>at a decent restaurant
Again, does this look like a decent quality dish to you? Does this fucking lasagna look good to you, user?

>if you're not spending money instead of spending it you're poor

Yeah actually. It'd look better if the lighting wasn't such shit.

lasagne is a thing you make when you want to feed 10 people on the cheap

why would you get it in a restaurant?

Nobody from the midwest talks like that

Making lasagna is not cheap anymore, bud.

>has never been to the midwest
>is a midwesterner that is unaware of how he sounds to others
choose one

I'm from the midwest and I've never heard anyone talk like that. You're either a yuroslime or a retarded dixie faggot.

it is if you're not retarded

Ah, so it's choice two

>It is if you buy bottom of the barrel shit ingredients

ftfy

you're either poor or don't know how to shop

I'm probaby richer than all you fags combined / dined in a lot of very good restaurants and I can tell you that ordering lasagna at a restaurant is already retarded. Paying 26$ or this small slice is even more retarded.

The thumbnail looked like a slice of cake that had spoiled for so long it was growing mold hair.
I would never order such a thing at a restaurant. Casserole is a home dish to feed a group. I know how long it takes to prepare one, so you know right off the bat you're getting previously prepared food that's been in storage for god knows how long. Order something the chef actually prepares minutes before you eat.

Name of the Michelin starred places you've been to

looks disgusting, it's in america right?

Get a load of this faggot! If there's one thing you can be sure of, someone that brags of being super rich on the internet is certainly poor as fuck.

>halfway decent ricotta: 3.99 at the cheapest
>halfway decent Italian sausage: anywhere between 5 to 10$ depending on how much you want
>pack of noodles: 1.50
>can of sauce: 1-2$
And that's the simplest form you can get. Not including any of the spices or whatever else you want to add to your sauce.
This also would serve maybe 4 or 5 people? Probably being generous.

Oh forgot the parmesan for on top. Another 3-5$ at least unless you want woodchips.

i usually get a couple pounds of really nice buffalo milk mozz which is around $13 but it's still a cheap as fuck way to feed a nice meal to a bunch of people

why would they use rosemary of all herbs? I'm assuming the sauce is demi glace which is unnecessary. memes aside though the lasagna itself doesn't look bad, I wouldn't spend that much on it though.

Where do you get it for that price? I just Googled it and it's roughly a dollar an ounce from every source I saw.

farm market

or sometimes i take note of the sell by date at the grocery store and go on that day when it's marked clearance, then it's more like 3.50$ /lb

What if you're not the one paying for it?

Everybody ITT eats fucking Kraft lasagna made with cheddar cheese and fucking store bought sauce fucking morons

Taking this many pictures of your food.

Classic autism. I bet the servers had a good laugh at you.

You are a broke ass nigga.

You've never made Lasagna, have you?

>getting this triggered at people not wasting money for attention

its edges are so clean though

why is it so wet?

You forgot the cottage cheese.

Haven't in 5+ years. Going off vague memory

>ricotta
>italian sausage
>noodles
>canned sauce
Literally what? I don't know what the fuck you're making but it isn't lasagne.

Right. In the midwest they call it "them there teeveelookitibox what's got the rasslin' in there".

I can't stand Italian food in America. Overpriced for mediocre quality.

if you order anything besides steak in a restaurant you're getting ripped off

Bechamel, tomato sauce, cheese, fresh lasagne skins, herb = +/- 7 bucks in ingredients

kek

>if you order a drink, soft or hard, in a restaurant you're getting absolutely raped.

Correct now.

>Yeah actually
These dipshits used a noodle sheet for every different layer of cheese and sauce, user. I can tell by looking at it that even with that brown puddle on the plate - that alone is an abomination and has nothing to do with lasagna - it's going to be dry as shit.

Send that garbage back. Lasagna should not be served in a pool of liquid.

This.

I guarantee this was made earlier in the week and they just took a piece from the pan an reheated it and threw that awful rosemary and topped with Parmesan.

Check out how messily they grated the parmesan, there's as much on the edge of the plate as on top of that "lasagne"

0 fucks were given by whoever made this

>I guarantee this was made earlier in the week and they just took a piece from the pan an reheated it

Of course.

How else would they do it?

Prepare it before service and then keep what goes into it around so that you can make a new one once the old one runs out.

It's simply pathetic. And they got morons to pay $26 for it. This is why sensible people, no matter their income level, scof at "high end" restaurants. OP is beyond tool; he's just retarded.

That doesn't happen.

It obviously didn't in the case of that 26 bucks lasagne the OP got. Still is the best system to provide good lasagne for your guests.

>It's simply pathetic.
The real pathetic thing is that there are people defending this shit. This thread should be on r9k

This is the shittiest lasagna I've ever seen. Anyone who serves lasagna "au jus" or with a demi-glace or whatever the fuck that is has no idea what they're doing. The restaurant's lights are out, which means their refrigerator probably isn't running or is running on a backup generator -- it's up to you if you want to risk food poisoning. Dumping a bunch of fucking ground beef on the top looks retarded, like some fucking autistic child is just slapping play-doh and dog feces together and showing his "gourmet creation" to his parents. Rosemary doesn't belong in or on lasagna, unless maybe it's a chicken lasagna. There's a big, thick layer of congealed cheese on top that's going to overpower the inner layers and fuck up the taste of the lasagna, and then as an extra "fuck you, fattie" they grated some hard cheese on top for no apparent reason. Maybe that's why they put the ground beef on top, to act as a trailer for the hardening goo that you're about to bite into.

I'd be less offended if they just served me microwaved Stouffer's.

That means it was cold and solidified before it was cut

This. A freshly-made lasagna will not have edges that sharp. Hell, a lot of Italian restaurants make individual portions and serve them in the dish they're baked in.

>goes to board about food
>criticizes pictures taken of food

Who has autism again?

Topkek for the intense triggering of someone that probably really knows what lasagna is.

But you know how long it takes to cook lasagna, right? Especially a dense one like in OP. So unless the customer wants to wait a fucking hour for their food, a restaurant doesn't have a lot of choices.

Lasagna is white-trash tier.

inb4 muh italian cuisine

they have trashy people too

>But you know how long it takes to cook lasagna, right?
If the noodles are precooked and the sauce is hot only as long as it takes for the cheese to brown, so around 20 minutes on high heat + 5-10 minutes resting time for the safety of the guest.

pasta
italian wheat things like ziti or spaghetti or lasagna are pasta
noodles are asian and lighter

kek'd

It's an easy to make family meal for sundays. Ordering lasagnas at a restaurant is the same as ordering meatloaf.

For some reason I have yet to have a good lasagne at a restaurant. It's one of those dishes that always taste better when made at home.

$26 Australian, right?

>Square plate
Check

>Sauce poured in small region on top
Check

>Single piece of inedible garnish
Check

>Unrelated sauce surrounding food on plate
Check

>Fuuuuh-reshly grated cheese
Check

Everything seems in order here.

What is with niggers and lasagna anyway? Any time Im at an italian place its always lasagna they are eating and at the supermarket always cheese ground beef and noodles in the basket.

>using raw dry lasagna sheets
Home made pasta is delicious