/COFFEE/

Posts about coffee and coffee accessories.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pe2000.com/caffeine/
lifehacker.com/top-10-tricks-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-caffeine-hit-1754627885
larajuan775.wordpress.com/tag/caffeine-powder/
philly.com/philly/blogs/trending/Youths-are-smoking-coffee-now-or-something.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PqRKJIHv-8Y
headaches.org/2009/07/24/does-caffeine-trigger-or-treat-headaches/
livescience.com/35949-caffeine-causes-cures-headaches.html
mindbodygreen.com/0-7065/10-reasons-why-you-should-try-a-coffee-enema.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bznDjbQLzMo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2yr4zTxj4
deathwishcoffee.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw after paying off bills and filling my tank, I'm fucking broke and had to decide between food essentials for the next two weeks, and coffee

I might have to pick up some fucking cheap garbage to get me by. Existence is suffering.

I say fuck the coffee man for now.
It's not essential, and if you drink coffee on hungry or semi-hungry/empty stomach you will do yourself only damage to the stomach lining.

I have sometimes 1-2-3 weeks brakes from coffee, when I run out I just don't buy it (on purpose).
You will not die from not drinking coffee but from going hungry you will fell shitty, but two weeks supply of cheap coffee is not that expensive that should eat into your two weeks food budged.
If you will buy cheap shitty coffee that will be also good experience for you as well.
You will have chance learning the difference in quality, you still will get caffeine kick but no nice taste and flavor.

And as a last few words,
I know that you just bullshitting and trolling with this sappy poor me story, so fuck YOU for wasting my time reading your tragedy, and shame on me for engaging in it,
half way through of my post I was going to stop typing but I felt I finish all my thoughts on it so at the end I can with clear consciousness tell you FUCK YOU user for stealing 10 minutes of my life that I wasted on your bullshit story.

here take a look how coffee gets selected,by hands of course in Ethiopia

I had an Econ professor as an undergrad tell the entire lecture hall once every week about how drinking coffee is one of the more stupid spending decisions mistakes people commonly make

genuinely curious, in what way?

genuinely curious, in what way?

Probably going to Starbucks and spending $5 at least once every single day.

My coffee costs me $0.50 a day at most. I presume he doesn't mean that

What's the prettiest coffee pot? I want a pretty ass coffee pot. Give me some of that majestic shit.

He had a bunch of reasons, one of them being that it was decadent to drink coffee, completely unnecessary for nutrition and as such a money pit that only becomes more wasteful with time (people getting addicted, dependent, developing more expensive tastes). Another reason was as said considering that you can buy a huge bag for $10 and get your fix for a long time (then he would talk about how profitable breakfast places and coffee shops are because they can make people pay a shitton for and make a huge return for their spending).

I like to drink my coffee raw.

your professor was right if you focus on buying fancy coffees at coffee shops and paying like $3 or $5 per cup 5 days/week is so fucking crazy unless you really have tons of cash
like that user said and this Let's don't over charge and do $3/cup x 5 days/week =$15/week x 4/month = $60/month x 12 months = $ 720/year

freaking $720/year, and at $5/cup is $1200/year, of course if you pay $3 every day you don't think about it that this is much money and you are saying to yourself; but I deserve it.

If you think that cup in the morning at home is not enough and you must drink one at work and you are too lazy to take a thermos with coffee from home with you
or you are too lazy to make it quick cup at work (most work places have set ups to make coffee)
then you must have extra cash to say goodbye to.

But the same goes for people who spend money on lunches 5 days /week instead of bringing lunch from home.
All boils down to how much money you have to part with or if you really a good money manager.

Of course if you are in higher to high earning bracket you can afford it no problem, but if you are in mid or lower pay bracket group you should give a good thinking and look at the numbers,
many times we need visual to make us aware of the situation we are in or we are creating for ourselves.

What I said here is nothing new, but by showing you the numbers you might take a second look at you money spending habits
Of course coffee shop owners don't like this to be reminded to people and that is absolutely understood,
but you have to look after yourself first after your money first and decide it how to spend it and on what and when.

There is so many different coffee thermoses (I prefer the glass on the side over the all 'stainless steel') but high quality 'ss' should be OK and not change coffee taste.
And it would depend if you need one cup thermos or bigger.

glass thermos insert

if you decide to buy coffee thermos I suggest don't buy bigger thermos than the amount of coffee you drinking now at work,
if you are buying only one cup of coffee buy thermos for one cup, if you get bigger thermos of course you will drink more coffee every day if you make full thermos, and maybe that is not such a good idea
if you consider 5 days/week for the whole year that adds up.

it's not the extra cost of the coffee of course but the extra amount coffee that you will consume just because it's there,
when before when you were buying just one cup and it was enough or it was doing the trick
now you might consume way too much than you should.

anyhow use your own thinking how to guide yourself through life, coffee is good and can be very beneficial but if you abuse it every day over few months
you will get yourself into silent addiction that will bring more negative than positive into your life health wise on physical and emotional level

Best instant coffees? My current is Douwe Egberts dark roast, it's good but I'd like to try some others, maybe a good arabica.

idk I make decent money and still always bring a travel mug of coffee to work and bring my lunch 4/5 days. saving money is saving money. was talking to a coworker and they said it's weird bringing a lunch "when you make as much as we make". saving money is saving money...

>Instant coffee

Anyone have experience with the Lido E-T. I'm looking to upgrade from my shitty skerton.

no but I highly doubt you get even 1/3rd of the benefit in the difference you'd pay between that and a $40 hario grinder

for that price it should be electric, there's nothing they could possibly add to a manual grinder that would justify a $200 pricetag

Well you are very smart, if you budget that buying coffee and lunch every day you might pay let's say $10 -$15 /day (of course it might be more),
so even taking modest $10/day x 5 days =$50 x 4 weeks/month = $200/month x 12 months = $2400/year.

Now by making coffee+lunch at home you might spend on for ingredients (I don't know for sure), but I think $3 should cover very nicely.

And on top of it making your coffee and lunch at home you know that you are using good quality ingredients the way you like it, all is clean etc,.
Many places restaurants and lunch joints are not that clean and employees are not taking care of their personal or food hygiene, there horror are stories upon stories on that topic.

Yes you have to organize your timing in the morning and/or evening before to prepare that lunch but with clever organizing should not take more that 10 minutes,
so you can look at it that for those every 10 minutes of every work day you can make/save
lets see,
each month more less 20 working days x 12 months = 240 days, lets take $3/day for ingredients 240 x $3 = $720/year for your coffee+lunch ingredients made at home.
Now let's use the $2400 amount minus the $720 = $1680 cash savings/year.
Let's say $3/day is bit too low for ingrediance, so let's round it down the $1680 to $1500 savings/year.

Now that 10 minutes lunch prep time every day, 240 work days x 10 minutes = 2400 minutes divide by 60 minutes = 40 hours.
Divide $1500 into 40 hours = $37.50/hour
So by making you coffee+lunch at home you are paying yourself $37.50/hour

If you think this is wort it, you can consider making coffee+lunch at home as your second job that brings you $1500/year and it takes you only 10 minutes every day.

If you pay $15/day for your lunch dollar numbers change to be ever better, you save even more.

If I made any mistakes, please correct me.
I hope this might help some of you to make changes and save money and eat good food.

Holy shit, honey as a sweetener in coffee is amazing.

Going out in -24 to pick up some single origin from Brazil.
Worth it.

I hope you realize that quality of life is a thing?

When you make good money, you can spend your time doing something other than making food every single morning.

Cafe bustelo's instant isnt bad.

and how your comment exactly relates to what I posted ?

>When you make good money, you can spend your time doing something other than making food every single morning.

>Of course if you are in higher to high earning bracket you can afford it no problem,
maybe pay attention to text you are reading before you get philosophical

I've been using pre ground coffee from tesco for a while now. It tastes pretty good desu. The pack is around 227gram and it lasts me for 2 weeks.

Kinda want to start grinding my own beans but I'm confused about the freshness of roasted beans.

Do you need to use them 2 weeks after they were roasted or 2 weeks after you opened the pack?

Because if the former, that's kinda annoying.

Does starbucks use freshly roasted beans?

I think it's right and that's how I do it myself.

I'm just too lazy sometimes and end up buying it at the store.

Two weeks after you opened the pack.

Nah dude. Technically its within 2 weeks after roasting. But realistically, you can only get that sort of freshness from a micro roaster or by roasting green beans yourself.

I do get from micro roasters from time to time. But i make do with the regular beans from safeway for the usual cup.

Fuckin' lies!

Been drinking this, it's ok.

Found Kerrygold at the Wally World by my office

With some french press Boyer's Kona Blend

Far milder than Plugra. bretty gud, senpai

The thing I'm liking about it is portability and the ability to grind a espresso out of it. I hear that at the $200 price tag, it would be the low tier of electric grinders. Plus, i'm thinking of buying one of those portable espresso shots that use nitro to create pressure

back to /g/

Nice! Enjoy.

Never left

Fuck the manual grinder. I have the bodum bistro burr grinder and it grinds consistent dust in 20 seconds, whereas it took like 10 minutes to grind the skertron.

Those are pretty finicky iirc. If you want cheap espresso that isn't a heavy machine that sits on your counter forever, get a moka pot and tamp it.

I think worst thing we can do for our health is to drink coffee on empty stomach (especially in the morning).
You can check couple of excellent articles how coffee and caffeine works and affects our bodies;

Reported effects of caffeine.
pe2000.com/caffeine/

Top 10 Tricks to Get the Most Out of Your Caffeine Hit.
lifehacker.com/top-10-tricks-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-caffeine-hit-1754627885

Here is just few points referring to our digestive system and caffeine affect on it.
*Causes your stomach to produce more acid.
*Irritates the stomach lining.
*Makes digestion less effective by relaxing the muscles of your intestinal system.

Don't get hypnotized by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the morning to be the first thing that enters you stomach,
have water and some food first and after that drink your java.
Especially don't be one of those idiots who as first thing in the morning has coffee and cigarette, both of them are poisons on empty stomach.
Coffee might and will taste good first thing in the morning but your stomach your digestive track is not happy how coffee's strong chemicals react with them.

Caffeine is not harmful – but overuse of caffeine could be.
Don't allow coffee and caffeine control you.
We have to remember that according to experts after crude oil coffee is the second biggest trade commodity and of course those who produce and trade coffee
would like us to drink it by the gallons every day but screw them and let's be smart about it.

Caffeine Myth No. 2:
Caffeine Is Likely to Cause Insomnia.

Your body quickly absorbs caffeine.
But it also gets rid of it quickly.
Processed mainly through the liver, caffeine has a relatively short half-life.
This means it takes about five to seven hours, on average, to eliminate half of it from your body. After eight to 10 hours, 75% of the caffeine is gone.
For most people, a cup of coffee or two in the morning won't interfere with sleep at night.

>Fuck the manual grinder.
manual grinder hater detected

>lower risk of diabetes

Probably nullified by how much sugar people usually add to their cup of morning brew.

CAFFEINE POWDER
The Untold Story of Caffeine. [picture related]
larajuan775.wordpress.com/tag/caffeine-powder/

Move over Tony Montana - Tony Caffeine is here.

Huh? I thought only children and old people use sugar in coffee.

In Europe, maybe. Where do you think all the black coffee fedora hate threads come from?

So caffeine is derived from many different sources.
These include both natural sources and artificial sources. Natural sources include tea, coffee beans, and cocoa plants.
However, artificial sources of caffeine are more prevalent in many more products than just energy drinks and sodas.
They can also be found in weight loss pills, ice cream, and some pain medicine. In fact caffeine is also found in decaffeinated coffee.
Kind of ironic don’t you think?

Since caffeine can affect your body like other stimulant, this drug should not be taken lightly.
But I’m pretty sure no one ever second guesses themselves to another 12 oz soda in the middle of they drink in the day.
In caffeine-powderfact most people, consume more caffeine throughout the day in order to survive and get through their workday.
It might sound like common sense but be aware of the amount of caffeine you consume daily. Caffeine does target your nervous system which causes you to be more alert and also increases your heart rate. This is why you get a case of the jitters after drinking a heavy amount of caffeine.
Keep in mind caffeine can cause headaches as well.

drogadicto de miarda carajo lololololololololololololololololololololo

you are not very smart, aren't you ?

man, this shit is gooood mang
I just gotta new shipment mang

why buy expensive coffee grinders and espresso machines
you get your coffee fix this way

or this way

No brewing involved

get blasted on caffeine the simple way,
no water measuring or boiling no coffee beans weighing no grinding none of that shit

Nigga what the hell is a coffee accessory white folk be wildin man

>Sambo finds keyboard
>attempts communication

little bit of chemistry lesson
that's caffeine powder under high magnification

Even better than espresso:
She turns down her beau's suggestion of coffee and insist on snorting caffeine instead

for you instant coffee faggots
you can snort it too if adding boiling water to the powder is too much work for you

>Spending your time to make lunch when you make that much money.

hey, you coffee junkies
if you happen not to have a bill to snort it on you don't you fucking despair you junkie, you can just showed up your snout

give her few lines and she will go down on you man

all of them are me

Now let's explore different way to get coffee/caffeine high

and?
so what faggot
ooo, yes I understand now, you are genius.
you are the best fucking investigator here, well in that case Mr.Talent why don't you look up my anus AND TAKE A SNIFF OF IT

Fuck that asshole discovered my secret, now everybody knows that I'm posting all that shit
oh man I'M so fucking shaking now
I need some fix now like to snort a line of freshly roasted freshly grounded 100%Arabica

you are such a fucking pathetic looser you little pussy thinking that I will get embarrassed or something when you by accessing my account and posting witch posts are mine
FUCK YOU HOMO FAGGOT

this isn' me, because I only snore 100% robosta since
ROBUSTA is my droga preferida

jajajajajajaja

here that's what I will do to get my caffeine fix

Youths are smoking coffee now, apparently.
philly.com/philly/blogs/trending/Youths-are-smoking-coffee-now-or-something.html
Smoking Coffee Apparently Becoming A Thing Among Teens.
youtube.com/watch?v=PqRKJIHv-8Y

Does Caffeine Trigger or Treat Headaches?
headaches.org/2009/07/24/does-caffeine-trigger-or-treat-headaches/

Caffeine can be a headache trigger or headache inhibitor.
Caffeine can be found in beverages, chocolate and even in some popular over-the-counter and prescription pain relievers.

Before a headache or migraine, blood vessels tend to enlarge. Because it contains “vasoconstrictive” properties that cause the blood vessels to narrow and restrict blood flow, caffeine can aid in head pain relief.
When caffeine is added to the combination of acetaminophen and aspirin, the pain relieving effect is increased by 40%.

Though caffeine does not directly cause headache, too much of the substance can trigger “caffeine rebound.” A caffeine rebound headache occurs from withdrawal of caffeine after a sufferer continually consumes too much of the substance.
Though the physical side effects can be severe, only 2% of the population suffers from caffeine rebound.

Although most headache sufferers can consume up to 200 mg. per day, the NHF advises patients with frequent headaches to avoid daily use.
The average American consumes about 200-300 mg of caffeine a day (or the equivalent of 2-3 cups of drip coffee).

To help monitor caffeine intake, the NHF provides you with a chart that supplies the caffeine content for several foods and beverages.

WHY CAFFEINE IS BAD FOR YOU
Symptoms of caffeine abuse can cause: Nervousness Headache Increased

>facebook-tier, unsourced, fear-mongering garbage

WARNINGS -- FACTS ABOUT COFFEE and CAFFEINE !!!

5 Experts Answer: Does Caffeine Cause or Cure Headaches?
livescience.com/35949-caffeine-causes-cures-headaches.html

"But caffeine is a two-edged sword. The other side of the coin is if you take a lot of caffeine and then stop it, you can have a withdrawal headache.
A lot of people drink coffee during the week, and then don't have it on the weekends, and they get a headache.

"If you take caffeine every day, especially with the medications to stop a headache, it can give people severe chronic rebound or medication-overuse headaches.

if you get addicted to coffee youre definitely a faggot

>youre definitely a faggot
Some faggots don't like to drink coffee but they like to put coffee up their asses.
ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

10 Reasons Why You Should Try A Coffee Enema.
mindbodygreen.com/0-7065/10-reasons-why-you-should-try-a-coffee-enema.html

Here are 10 Reasons on Why You Should Try A Coffee Enema:
*Reduces levels of toxicity by up to 600%.
*Cleans and heals the colon, improving peristalis.
*Increases energy levels, improves mental clarity and mood.
*Helps with depression, bad moods, sluggishness.
*Helps eliminate parasites and candida.
Improves digestion, bile flow, eases bloating.
*Detoxifies the liver and helps repair the liver.
*Can help heal chronic health conditions (along with following a mainly raw plant based diet).
*Helps ease "die-off" or detox reactions during periods of fasting or juice fasting, cleansing or healing.
*Used regularly in the Gerson Institute treatment protocol for healing cancer patients naturally

!00%Organic Arabica up your ass not up your espresso machine.
New Age coffee intake. (LOL)

WARNING - SHOCKING COFFEE ADDICTION REVELATION

Never mind you faggots being addicted to drinking various styles of coffee using your fancy fucking expensive Espresso machines,
French fucking press, AeroPress, drip, Moka pot, and all the rest, here is a couple of fucking freaks, watch this;

My Addiction: Coffee Enemas | My Strange Addiction.
youtube.com/watch?v=bznDjbQLzMo

I guess snorting or smoking coffee doesn't even come close to pumping warm 100%Arabica or Robusta up your ass.
I wonder what high Blue Mountain Coffee would give you, or some exotic blends.

..fucking junkies drinking coffee with their asses

Are you quite done?

>coffee shops
7g of coffee is literally less than pocket change, yet they sell it for 2€+
Sure, the machine, maintenance, water, energy, sugar, service, rent add up, but the profit margin is somewhere in the hundreds if not thousands %

MOVE OVER ESPRESSO MACHINE
fuck OFF French Press, get lost AreoPress, I hate you now drip machine, Moka pot you mean nothing to me now,
all of you FUCK OFF NOW
I take my coffee up my ass from now on.!!!

>Are you quite done?
no asshole, I have some treat for you here,
watch this and enjoy your coffee;

Mucoid Plaque over 3 feet long from 17 year Vegan.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2yr4zTxj4

user, you need this procedure because your brain is fried looks like it from how triggered you are

Are you actually autistic?

they sound like a goddamn seventh day adventist retard.

kek

he was telling the truth but rock heads like you have hard time to comprehend simple logic

I just bought a coffee dripper and filter and been using them for a couple of days. Tastes pretty great.

But for some reason my coffee wont bloom when I pour a little bit of hot water at the beginning.

Anyone knows why?

>my coffee wont bloom

Because it's stale.

I see. I'll buy a grinder next month I guess because I need to finish all the preground I bought first.

Do I need to get super fresh roasted beans as well to get the bloom?

He's meming you.
All coffee blooms like that if you pour 200F water on it, regardless of age.

>when I pour a little bit of hot water at the beginning.
what do you mean at the beginning
are you switching to colder water for the rest of the pour
not sure what you mean

Sorry I'm ESL. What I mean is, to bloom your coffee you're supposed to pour only a little bit of hot water, wait a little and then you can pour the rest.

So 'at the beginning' means when I pour a little bit of hot water before pouring the rest (of hot water)

Really? It didn't bloom at all for me. I'll record a video when I make the next one.

>So 'at the beginning' means when I pour a little bit of hot water before pouring the rest (of hot water)
OK understood.
Is it possible that the coffee is grounded too course, I know you bough it pre-ground.
Doest it say on the package how is grounded too.

Shit. I drink coffee everyday at 8 and only eat something around 12.

Will adding milk help?

This is my set up. I currently have some Ethiopia yirgacheffe beans from a local roaster

fucking rich 1%-nter

How is the gaggia? I was thinking about buying it.

>before owning a grinder
"Phhhhaaahhh, pretentious shit, just buy the ground stuff"

>after owning a grinder
"There is literally no other way to drink coffee"

drinking coffee

I get by with an electric disc burr grinder and a french press. Been drinking Death Wish coffee this week. It's bretty gud.

>All coffee blooms like that if you pour 200F water on it, regardless of age.
This is bullshit

>Death Wish coffee
what is it

checked and completely accurate. will never go back to pre-ground or a drip coffee maker unless I have more than 2 people visiting. My French Press can't keep up with a full house over the holidays.

>This is bullshit
so if you are so sure that this is bullshit explain why
or you just talking from your ass and know shit

Supposedly the most highly caffienated coffee sold int he US. It bakes a punch, but I wouldn't put it over a good espresso for power.

deathwishcoffee.com/

thanks