How can I not fuck up making the PERFECT burger

How can I not fuck up making the PERFECT burger.

I'm still learning to cook and don't want to fuck up this burger. This meat is fucking expensive

I'm making it tomorrow night. Will post results

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Js73-jseLnI
youtube.com/watch?v=y1fz2fvvkqw
dadarocks.com/2010/07/20/burgers-that-rock-best-old-time-burgers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray's_Hell_Burger
burgerbeast.com/2013/12/10/top-25-burgers-in-miami-south-florida/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>highly

>ordering frozen meat online
why?

He probably thinks it's fancy because it's "Grass fed" and "Fillay minion"

It's the exact sort of customer the Orange Cheeto was targeting with Trump Steaks, ironically enough.

bump

>Meat came in separate cardboard boxes, not individual vacuum-sealed packages
I can already tell you this is lower quality than it should be

The most important thing to know is that filet is extremely soft but basically flavorless due to the lack of fat. It needs a lot of help to actually taste good, lots of seasoning and a good sauce at the bare minimum.

But so long as you don't overcook it the texture will be great

It's all vac. sealed.

Omaha steaks is a very large company

boy your one big fat retard

Is it true It should be room temp before I cook it?

Should I let it soak in spices or anything?

Are you so autistic that you can't just go to the grocery store and get the same meat fresh and not frozen?

Yes.

why is it bad if meat gets frozen?

you're ignorant as fuck if you don't think that 95% of the flesh you consume has been frozen at one point or another.. literally all sushi grade fish is flash frozen at sea.

regardless of that fact, it's also a fact that cows that are allowed to graze and wander around a pasture taste way better than their factory farmed contemporaries.

i've never looked specifically, but can you even usually get USDA prime beef at grocery stores? i feel like choice is the highest grade of beef you can easily acquire.aaa

How to not fuck up: Do not make a burger.

I've never seen prime beef anywhere but butcher shops

>i've never looked specifically, but can you even usually get USDA prime beef at grocery stores?

only in Texas I have seen it come close (yes I know it is not identical)

>your
Buttblasted Trump supporter spotted.

I personally am very insistent about my steaks being warm through and through before I cook them but I like them quite rare. The less rare the less it matters.

>podcast I was listening to just plugged these guys
>look them up
Actually really fucking cheap, I'm surprised.

>It's all vac. sealed.
I would normally never recommend this but it would probably be best to just sous vide those to make sure they came out perfect.

>freezing your hamburger patties
You're already lost

be sure to shape it right. thin is better imo. big, thin patty with a little salt on each side, put in a pan on pretty high, let brown one side, flip, brown, done. no pressing or anything. what toppings do you have?

Next time OP, I would HIGHLY suggest going to a local grocery and getting your beef whole and having the butcher grind it for you instead of buying pre-ground and formed patties. (I'm not asking that you buy a grinder to DIY).

Only next time though as explained here.
youtube.com/watch?v=Js73-jseLnI
youtube.com/watch?v=y1fz2fvvkqw

As for tips/recipe for good burgers, there's always America's Test Kitchen reliable base approach (written+video):
dadarocks.com/2010/07/20/burgers-that-rock-best-old-time-burgers/

Do make sure you give the patty a few minutes rest after cooking though before serving. It's best to check the meat for (over)doneness with a probe thermometer like the Thermapen.

Go to bed, Dave Thomas. You're dead.

I've tried sous vide burgers. It's not pleasant, especially the texture. If you're using 80%, all that fat is going to melt around the meat causing it to become mushy after an hour of cooking. Kinda like a watery meatloaf.

I looked it up, 10oz ribeyes for $18 when you can get the same at Trader Joe's for $10. $16-$17/lb at organic food stores. Still no point in purchasing steak online unless you're a flyover or need kobe/wagyu or ribeye cap

let burger come to room temp. Get stainless or cast iron to 360f
put burger in hot pan. Cook halfway through. Flip. Cook till medium rare.
Starting with a room temp patty helps it cook evenly. I like it crispy on the outside. Rare but not bloody.
Grinding your own meat is the only way to go.

Next time go to sprouts or whole foods cheaper grass fed and kobe beef i buy 25 lbs of grass fed beef and only spend $45-50

so you get grass fed beef for $2 a pound?
Stupid fuck

OP, you can go to a local real butcher, and ask for 3lbs of coarser grind if you want a really good burger. The stuff in the grocery is minced too fine. The alternative is to blend yourself in a food processor, starting with very cold meat in chunks, I mean if you don't have a grinder. Form into burgers with your cold hands while it's cold, and watch a video to seal the sides and slightly depress the centers. There's a kind of hand toss of the ball to do it in about 5-6 movements, and not warm up the meat too much or pack it too densely. Just takes a bit of practice.

There is no "soaking" but a bit of salt, pepper on the outside is ideal. Cook to taste, grilling, or high heat with a cast iron.

For "gourmet" try out some nice toppings that matter to your tastes, from blue cheese, to grilled onions or mushrooms, to bacon jam, to nice hardwood bacon on top. Or take a cue from my favorite burger place in the country, Ray's Hellburger. My favorite has been taken off the menu, dammit, the persillade and bone marrow. Talk about juicy rolling down your wrists with each bite! zomg.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray's_Hell_Burger

My second favorite is RokBrgr in south miami. Take a peek at their menu for ideas to glam up the flavors.

My favorite burger blogger is Burger Beast. Check out the pics in his top 25 list, and find out what a "cuban frita" burger is all about.
burgerbeast.com/2013/12/10/top-25-burgers-in-miami-south-florida/

>i've never looked specifically, but can you even usually get USDA prime beef at grocery stores? i feel like choice is the highest grade of beef you can easily acquire.aaa
It's always sold at costco and whole foods. I don't notice it much more than that locally.

Man, am I the only one that likes filets with just a bit of salt and pepper?

Are you like a burger savant?

Tip: cheese melts best, and most consistently, with moisture. Placing a slice on the bun will not result in a full melt, or will placing it on the patty melt it evenly and completely, unless you use velveeta perhaps.

Instead, cook it half-way before flipping, then right after you flip, place the cheese on. Use a pot lid to cover the patty and form a seal, which traps in the steam. The steam will melt the cheese evenly and smoothly. Remove the lid after a few minutes, and if the cheese is fully melted, remove the lid to prevent it from dripping off the edges.

Try practicing on cheaper hamburger you fucking nitwit.

assmad lib detected

>Omaha steaks
dumb pleb detected
When will low-class retards be banned from Veeky Forums?

Ok, due to an act of God. I cannot make burgers tonight.

I'll be making a tenderloin and mashed potatoes

To get a good crust on both sides of the steak, which number do you think I should preset it to?

Also, should I just sear both sides then turn off the burner and let it sit? I was told today by some woman that this is the key to a perfect rare steak

>tfw no gas stove

PAN, NICE AND HOT

OIL, GET IT NICE AND HOT

THROW IN YOUR STEAK. IT NEEDS TO SIZZLE IMMEDIATELY

1.5 MINUTES EACH SIDE. ONLY SALT AND PEPPER

RIGHT NEAR THE END, PUT SOME BUTTER IN THE PAN. MELT THE BUTTER THEN SPOON IT ALL OVER THE STEAK

Should I let it sit after?

Should be room temp in about 1-2hrs

Put it on 8. Use the front burner.

34094650-001

If you're going to blot shit out that you don't want people to see, try not to half-ass it.

Never because then there would be nobody to post here.

Alright let's get this started.

This stove is incredibly powerful so instead of 8. I'm going to do like 6.5-7.

I've never taken her 10

I am also drunk

To be fair, I used to live in california and would get a shit ton of omaha steaks meat for christmas every year, Way better than anything I could find out there.

Since moving to Nebraska, I only get fresh now.

>sous vide burgers
Not the burgers the steak.

>electric stove
>powerful

You really are drunk.

1.5 min on each side on 7. Only salt and pepper

And put a little butter in the pan before it was done.

>THAT'S the key

Electric stoves have the potential to produce magnitudes more heat than gas burners depending on how they've been designed
They're undesirable because they don't provide consistent easily tunable heat, not because "lol they dont make da hots good"

perfect

Under seared, way under rested but better than most drunk home cooks can muster. Rest you meat after cooking, user.
7/10

lold instantly but dont know if serious

I'll try that next time.

you forgot to rest it lol.

NO ONE TOLD ME TO REST IT! AND IF THEY DID I FORGOT

> say something about trump that's completely unrelated to politics
> HAHA U MAD U TRIGGERED!!!! xDDD

why the fuck does she just skip how she cuts up the roast after showing how to cut the fat? I'm still learning the intricacies of cooking you bitch show me how you cut even more fat off

an electric burner is consistent. A gas burner is not.
Nice b8