Pillsbury released these with the intention of utterly replacing pop-tarts in the future

>Pillsbury released these with the intention of utterly replacing pop-tarts in the future
>It's 2017 and there hasn't been a toaster strudel commercial in years
>Pop-tarts have retained their marketing efforts and are clearly still popular.
>remember that toaster-strudels started to taste like shit at some point in 05 while pop-tarts continue to hold up.

At what point did the toaster-strudel meme end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jutSZVzV5QI
youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toaster_Strudel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At the point they cost three times as much as pop tarts so... the beginning I guess?

Toaster Strudel....warm, flakey, crisp and soft, some flavors have alright filling, which is gooey similar to actual pastry filling, actual icing

Pop Tarts...hard, cardboard texture dough, cardboard flavor as well, filling is the texture of dried toothpaste and just about all flavors are sickeningly sweet in a cough syrup type fashion, shitty fake hardened icing

>If you tried to cook it so that the filling completely thawed and was warm you'd scorch the outside.
>If you did any less you'd be eating frozen filling, which tasted like shit.
>Regardless of how long it cooked the crust tasted like shit.

The crust of a pop-tart might taste like animal crackers but at least it didn't taste abhorrent.

The meme died when people remembered that Pop-Tarts are great no matter where you are, but Toaster Strudel are only good within 3 minutes of a toaster

This is a tart.

and this is a strudel.

See the difference?

Pop Tarts are gross. I haven't found them palatable since I was a kid. Toaster Strudel is pretty tasty, they're nice as a snack.

>there hasn't been a toaster strudel commercial in years
What TV you watching?

SOME BODY

American TV.

you just can't cook my man

post your favorite mix
youtube.com/watch?v=jutSZVzV5QI

>At what point did the toaster-strudel meme end?

when they stopped including blue icing with the wildberry ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU

This is really the reason they didn't catch on as much.

which is weird because now at least here here is little price difference

I see toaster strudel commercials all the time on US TV, it might depend on what channels you're watching.

>frozen filling tastes like shit
Fuck you, it still tastes delicious. I eat toaster strudels frozen.

I once made a blueberry toaster strudel and it was perfectly golden on the outside and a frozen slush on the inside. It tasted like somebody filled it with cold, flavoured chapstick. Never again.

Ever notice how there hasn't been a DeBeer's commercial on TV in years to promote their diamonds?

you faggots can't even properly cook a toaster strudel.

they're going for 3 boxes for 5 bucks where i live.

>Designed for toasters
>Never cooked in a toaster correctly.

>for 3 boxes for 5 bucks where i live.
that sounds like some Albertsons faggotry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toaster_Strudel

Read carefully.

wow dude you can edit wikipedia
of course we have your ip now so you better install norton so you don't get hacked

Toaster scrambles are strictly better

No that wasn't me, I literally just noticed it.

I'd take a delicious Toaster Strudel over a nasty Pop Tart anyday. Pop Tart keeps coming out with these disgusting flavors, like soda flavors. And they taste like cardboard.

Who the hell is that retarded to buy that nasty shit?

Strawberry Toaster Strudels are fucking incredible. I don't eat processed food, but when I do, I eat strawberry Toaster Strudels.

OP here, I will agree with this. In fact it made my mouth water.

A toaster scrambler, unlike a strudel had slightly different crust and if it was frozen the filling didn't taste like shit if you under cooked it.

Of course it was soy, egg and cheese with processed "bacon" but I can't say that I didn't love their saucy taste.