Unreality is coming soon

Unreality is putting a human into a fully conscious dream state with their body paralyzed.

The necessary state afterwards is to hook them up to extension hardware and software that can save ideas and thoughts they have and interface with the senses.

In this environment, you would be able to fully experience anything. You could eat and taste limitless amounts of food, fuck anything you imagine, play out any scenario, and have full lucid consciousness while in a dream state. In addition, extensions would allow you to save thought states and imagine anything.

All work would generally be done in unreality. Such as any design, content creation, and otherwise. It differs from VR in the fact that your own imagination builds the worlds and the external hardware is only to extend this capability.

Just for an example, a single person could create an entire episodic fantasy series in a few days and output it for anyone to watch. A single current video game that takes huge teams could be done in a few weeks by a child. It will also extend any reasoning ability by freeing up huge active memory space and allow you to literally "feel" equations and see algorithms in any sort of abstraction you can imagine.

You don't even know what a dream is do you?
You can't experience things in a dream that you haven't experienced prior in reality you know...

A dream is only the product of the brain undergoing a maintenance of its memories which unintentionally fires neurons to create a strange image at random...

>A dream is only the product of the brain undergoing a maintenance of its memories which unintentionally fires neurons to create a strange image at random...
This hypothesis has not been rigorously tested. It's certainly plausible but we don't really have the tools to verify it.

I know but I just want OP to know that there will not be a "dream-machine" in the near future.

Agreed, we're so many steps away from such a dream machine that I'm not sure we could even say how many centuries it'll be before it's possible.

>You can't experience things in a dream that you haven't experienced prior in reality
Depending on what you mean by this it ranges from "no shit" to "that's fucking wrong, retard"
Elaborate.
I've dreamed a lot of shit I haven't experienced in reality. But the things I do dream the sensation of touch/smell/taste/sound is crafted from pieces of reality.
If that's what you mean, then no fucking shit you can't imagine/dream something that you can't/never imagined.

you've never lucid dreamed?

Not even close. All of these mechanisms and chemicals are known. It will be within 3 decades. The extensions are the hard part. But triggering a lucid dream artificially is coming "soon".

There's really not much of a science when it comes to dreaming because it's hard to understand what's happening, but the idea of their hypothesis is that all dreams arise from past experiences whether you remember them or not because a dream occurs when the brain starts firing random neurons as a product of "maintenance" during sleep.

Dreams happen more than once per night usually 3 or more times which are hours apart from each other so dreams may seem choppy because REM-sleep is separated into many sessions in a normal sleep.

The amount of consciousness you have during a dream determines how well you will remember it when you wake up. If you start to wake up during a dream you will initiate the creation of new memories based on your experience (this is not heavily understood yet) such as the few moments in a dream before waking up will be easiest to remember because you will make new memories from the old one's being relived.

The reason that dreams aren't just an exact replay of a memory (many hypothesis) is because scientists are clueless as to HOW memories are stored, all they know really is that the stronger a memory is the more enforced it is in the brain in terms of neuron count.

Combining portions of memories can create new memories, for example if you have already experienced or seen blood and how it works the brain can recreate blood in a way that you haven't seen before in a dream.

A lucid dream is when you are at least conscious enough to recall or bring memories to attention which can change the path of the dream itself.

Really cool stuff, really interesting, not much of a science, but long story short, there's not going to be a dream-machine any time soon, sorry. Scientists don't know remotely enough about dreams to make such a sci-fi devise yet.

This all the result of direct brain interfacing as well. Once that API and technology is developed we will not interact with keyboards/screens/mouses. Using a "dreamscape" will be how people work, think, learn, and everything else.

You can actually transfer your understanding of a subject this way too. Just imagine designing a car in dreamscape/unreality. You create the image in your mind and the machine extension would actually interpolate/interpret the smaller details. You could then save it and look through hundreds of different looks and slight differences in minutes just with imagination. A direct interface. VR is just a stepping stone to unreality. You could go from hanging out in a western saloon to flying through space in seconds with no prior set up or existing program needed.

Not only this but you could trigger exact emotions, from happiness to utter fear.

this whole post is so low IQ lel

what moron fucks

memories are a training algorithm, hence "running" away from shit and also maintenance. Dreams are not randomly jumbled memories, they have plots and some continuity.

I vividly dreamed with full memory for years as a child. I don't think gun battles in a space station are "random memories" being recalled.

Utter fucking stupidity.

Also have you ever consciously fallen asleep?

What happens is your brain goes all tingly, aka the same feeling as a dead leg going all tingly as if ants are on it.

Your vision switches from eyelids to the equivalent of hallucination, in fact the moment of falling asleep your vision switches to what I would call an endless ocean view.

At this point you go into a state of dullness or nothing happening.

"Dreaming" is not random memories, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's similar to a training simulation to train you to run away from predators basically. Hence nightmares. That is the evolutionary reason for dreams is because you don't get much real life experience running from shit.

Ask anyone what dreams they have and is almost always negative avoidance, aka dreams of war for soldier, failing a test or not showing up for students, and not being eaten by animals in children. etc

We have more advanced brains so we can slowly grow out of nightmares and instead dream random shit since our survival needs are met.

>insults my IQ (which is higher than his)
>"memories are a training algorithm"
>"a dream is a training tactic"
*in reality that's what NREM sleep is but I'm sure you've never heard of that regarding your IQ of 0.
>"[Dreams] have plots and some continuity."
>dreams have plots.
Are you retarded?

>"I vividly dreamed with full memory for years as a child. [about gun battles in a space station]"

Kys please! Don't respond to this or I may lose more intelligence for reading your answer.

You are so fucking stupid it hurts.

>dreams are randomly accessed memories
>dreams don't have plots

you are low IQ as fuck. I have actually progressed months worth of dream storyline before.

>"What happens is your brain goes all tingly"
>"Your vision switches from eyelids to the equivalent of hallucination"
*wtf that's not right at all
>"what i would call 'an endless ocean view'"
>what i would call an endless ocean view
*are you highly autistic?
>"nothing happening"
*wtf
>insults a theory that I didn't even come up with and directs the insult at me for saying something that is credible then goes on a splerg about dreams he's had in the past and makes his own "theory" like he knows what he's talking about at all.
>"we have more advanced brains so we can slowly grow out of nightmares and instead dream random shit our survival needs are met"

*what the fuck is actually wrong with you? Is it autism? that makes sense for FOUR CHAN. I'll be sure to tell my professors about the guy from Veeky Forums who discovered the meaning of dreams last night.

I have consciously fallen asleep much like many people. Saying "that's not what happens" is a sign you are a retard.

>falls asleep without brain going "tingly".

Have you consciously fallen asleep before? Explain to me what you feel.

>mentions IQ again without even knowing what my IQ is.
>"I have actually progressed months worth of dream storyline before."

First off, if you think my IQ is so low let's take a grammar test:

"progressed months worth of dream storyline"

>you already fail.

>grammar
>mattering

Let's take the retard test.

You think you fall asleep without your brain "tingling".

Consciously falling asleep is not the "equivalent of hallucination"

Calling me a retard after every argument doesn't make you right it makes you sound like an unprofessional baby.

stop saying "tingling" you fucking bitch what the fuck are you even talking about it's creepy. Your brain doesn't "tingle" what the fuck stop.

let me simple it

Everything I said, correct
Everything you've said, wrong.

There, you can understand, that right?

>"let me simple it"
*i don't trust you already

>"everything i said, correct"
FLAWLESS EVIDENCE

>"everything you've said, wrong."
FLAWLESS EVIDENCE and I love the inconsistency with punctuation it's really how you make a good impression.

>"There, you can understand, that right?"
You misused a comma and it makes me want to literally flip shit because you actually think you're smart or something I swear to god if you're actually a 13-year old I'll be so pissed.

Okay, your brain experiences paresthesia as you fall asleep.

>paresthesia
Paresthesia is a medical condition caused by damage to brain cells.

So most-likely yes you have experienced it lol.

Only when it happens in the brain, otherwise it is damage or pressure to the body for other reasons.

The IQ of your post is here so low and stupid.

First of all you say "all things in dreams are old memories", but "once you are conscious you can make new memories by combining old ones."

This entire is so low IQ and stupid that is hard to reasonably explain. It's sort of like saying, "every idea someone has is from the set of possible ideas". Well.. fucking duh.

The modeling of a dream as randomly accessing memories is completely false. It's not random at all and there is clear structure to them. Evolution created dreams as training simulations for dealing with extraordinary situations such as an encounter with a predator and how to react. Hence the common dream across all human beings of not being able to run, and of nightmares of being fucking rekt by an animal.

No fucking alive baby in America has some fuckign memory of being attacked by a fucking predatory animal but they all still dream about it as children.

No you stupid fuck.

Explain, have you ever been conscious while falling asleep?

"There is a strange pulsing in your head and this seems to radiate through your body. It feels like electricity that jolts every inch of you constantly. Maybe when you have a dead arm from lack of blood circulation and the blood begins to come back. That intense tingly feeling. I can't really articulate this part."

I literally just googled for consciously falling asleep and found other people corroborating the tingling sensation while falling asleep.

>"first you make a claim"
>"this entire is so low IQ and stupid"
*top-of-the line English once again
>"evolution created dreams as training simulations for dealing with extraordinary situations such as an encounter whit a predator and how to react."

Let me stop you there, I see how determined you are to get your autistic victory here... but I must tell you that is not true, nor has it been proven by anyone. What it really is, is just you trying to make something up without any knowledge on the topic, or any research at all. You are projecting your own experiences and trying to understand it solely from that and that is science for retards, sir.

>"No fucking alive baby in America has some fuckign memory of being attacked by a fucking predatory animal but they all still dream about it as children."
*please stop making posts like that. You literally are a predator.

If you've really wasted 30 minutes of your time making an invalid argument only to prove yourself to me, someone smarter than you it really just proves that you aren't that intelligent after all.

You keep responding because it means something to you, which is surprising if you are intelligent but not really in reality because you just want to yell at someone for 30 minutes about something that you literally have to "Google" as if that's a credible source.

>"Hey I found something on the internet you're dumb let me make 5 more posts because I'm smarter than you I don't have real evidence but I can call you stupid a bunch to make myself feel less stupid/"

Good joke.

You continually refuse to address any of my points and are intensely stupid. In your original post, you said they had no fucking idea, as such it shows their extremely low IQ because it's very fucking simple what is happening.

Your hypothesis dreams are basically RNG accessing of memory is intensely stupid.

It just so happens nearly every of 7 billion humans have chase dreams.

NO it's not simple what's happening.

It's not MY hypothesis and it's not a stupid hypothesis it's based on evidence where yours IS NOT.

"It just so happens nearly every of 7 billion humans have chase dreams."

No. Now fuck off.

Low IQ. Sub 130. Can tell from all of your posts. You are literally a low intelligence monkey that thinks it can think.

Again. Anyone with intelligence would have read your original post in this thread and clearly understand you are fucking stupid.

>The reason that dreams aren't just an exact replay of a memory (many hypothesis) is because scientists are clueless as to HOW memories are stored, all they know really is that the stronger a memory is the more enforced it is in the brain in terms of neuron count.

Let's analyze one sentence of your LOW IQ shit. You make a point that the reason dreams aren't exact replays is because scientists don't understand memory. Nice fucking point you stupid shit head. So scientists understanding of dreams somehow effects why it is not an exact memory?

Your actual posts are all low IQ. Grammar or not. You make points about something using completely stupid reasoning basically regurgitating whatever facts you know about the subject in an incoherent and stupid way.

fucking shithead

all of your posts about dreaming and your reasonings behind them are awful and stupid.

I've been trying to act all "4chany" to fit in and I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling it genuinely makes me feel bad. :( sorry.

The reason that dreams aren't just an exact replay of a memory (many hypothesis) is because scientists are clueless

The reason that dreams aren't just an exact replay of a memory (many hypothesis) is because scientists are clueless

YOU ACTUALLY POSTED THIS

YOU STUPID LOW IQ FUCK

>the reason blah blah is the way it is, is because of scientists knowledge of the subject

YOU POSTED THIS SHIT AND ARGUING WITH ME. GET THE FUCK OUT LOW IQ FUCK

YOU STILL ALSO REFUSE TO EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE ANY EXPERIENCE ON CONSCIOUSLY FALLING ASLEEP.

You actually have autism and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but my IQ is higher than 130 I'm sorry if yours isn't and that makes you feel bad too.

I don't want to talk to you anymore because your head is outside of reality. No matter what I say you won't believe me but it's fine because the truth stays the same whether or not specifically you believe in it.

Have a good night sorry to be so rude.

You're a good guy on the inside

Hey it's okay.

Hopefully I will have good randomly accessed dreams. That somehow aren't completely garbled nonsense and have some fluidity. Also they just happen to include "chase dreams" because we all randomly access our memories of running away from predators.

It's not like a "high IQ" person like you might see a link between instinctual reactions, training a neural network, and dreaming.

You're both autistic. Your arguments are fine, but the way you address them and speak is cringey

You're both autistic as fuck.

Not anytime soon OP. Neural interfaces suck, even if they didn't it will take a long time to prove that they are safe enough for everyday use

Prove it then.

oh you mean ketamine?