What do we think of Mr. Stephen Hawking?

What do we think of Mr. Stephen Hawking?

pls respond

>Str: 0
>Int: 12
>Agl: 0
>Const: 0
>Cha: 0

The average plumber has been more useful to humanity

nice meme

really smart dude, we should try and upload his brain to a computer of put it in jar. Wouldn't be much different from his current situation

he gon die soon

He's not alive.

His wheelchair is sustaining him in a vegetable-like state to masquerade as a real human bean.

I think he is too hyped. I do not believe he is that smart, he is like a Hollywood character

extremely knowledgeable in physics

close to shit on philosophy

knows more physics that entire physics departments put together

knows less philosophy than someone who read about philosophy on wikipedia

Noob.
He'd be dead when any of those reaches zero.
#MindDrain #illithidMasterRace #BG2

judging from most of the responses here I'd say he's underrated

i really believe certain people are cyborgs and that robots are real we just don't know about them, it's all hush-hush under the table projects mainly funded by our government. lebron james as an example was created in an underground lab to be the greatest human athlete ever in a secret deal between Nike and the pentagon.

stephen hawking is the other I know about. The worlds first organic supercomputer created by taking an ordinary high-IQ man, and integrating him with technology, rewiring his brain to be more efficient but by sacrificing his body and motor functions. he was another project invented by the government to use his intelligence to decipher nuclear codes, but luckily he escaped and was later found by NASA doing physics equations in a ditch somewhere in new mexico. They reprogrammed him to search for black holes and stuff and decided to give him a new life by putting him under the protection of his "caretakers" . Luckily he found celebrity in his books, by becoming a science-fiction writer. otherwise the government would have surely tried to relocate him by now

there's probably a million others we just don't know about

smarter than I will ever be.

>What do we think of Mr. Stephen Hawking?

Moron who couldn't realize that there is a galactic barycentre.

If he had a normal body no one would care about him.
Fact.

Steven. OY VEY, THE REASONS THAT OUR OBSERVATIONS ABOUT REALITY DISAGREE WITH OUR MODELS OF THE MASS OF THE UNIVERSE IS BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE IS FUCKING WRONG. Hawkings.

Kinda of this. Still I admire the dude because he's now successful even though he can't move a muscle. But his "philosophical" work shows that he's depressive as fuck, no wonder cause he's spend most of his life on a wheelchair.

t. Moron who won't accomplish 1/100 of what he did.

its not really depressing, just makes him sound like those who he criticizes

religious people say god exists because life is good, while hawking says god doesnt exist because life isnt fair

also remember, he belongs to the "school" of "scientism" (if you want to argue if it is an actual thing or not) who rejects literally all philosophy, like krauss and tyson

An absolute fool for stating that due to the existence of the law of gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.

A lot of people have idiotic gods, but Gravity?

GRAVITY VULT

This. Philosophy is essential to science. Of course it cannot answer why do we exist, or why there is something instead of nothing, but not does physics. Stephen was good until 2009. Luckily for him he will be reminded for his scientific work, not for his philosophical theories.

hes facing the dawkins effect

like dawkins, he was once a major researcher who pioneered his field and made substantial contributions to science, to a point where it is beyond ridiculous that he hasnt been given at least a single nobel prize (he has had more than a single big break) or a fields medal

but now, after his research years, he's faded into near obscurity in respect to research, and has become a sort of disciple of atheism

his contemporary, roger penrose, has been up to more interesting things (ex. applications of physics into understanding consciousness) than hawking

He has a tendency to talk about fields well outside of his official expertise and news organisations jump on what he says without realising there are better people more suited for making such statements.

e.g. Robotics, Philosophy, Space travel, Ethics.

This. Although he contributed much more to science than Dawkins. Probably we will never will a nobel prize during his lifetime because it is very difficult to prove his theories.

>like dawkins, he was once a major researcher who pioneered his field and made substantial contributions to science,

Hawkings was way more influential to his field than Dawkins was and Dawkins is overrated.

achievements aside I cant stop to wonder how much of his success is due to his disability only and how that nets him sympathy points from the general populace, that have never had any intention of actually reading anything he wrote.

>t. Moron who won't accomplish 1/100 of what he did.

And what did Hawkings do, exactly?

Except further the retardation of Jewish pseudo-science?

developed the idea of black holes mainly, and proposed ways to unite relativity and quantum mechanics

Freak.

t. Brainlet

Anyone that has legitimately read his work/history knows that most of his ideas have been proven wrong.
Not really an opinion, but I do think about it.

>>Cha: 0

He's probably slayed more pussy than you user

Isn't this man rich? Why can't he get a better fitting suit?

Mostly known for his disability in the science community.
Some of his work is quite groundbreaking, but his crusade agains christianity is a bit, how should I put it, old school, deprived of creative thinking. Just like Dawkins.

If your gonna argue with hardcore God fearing people, at least read bible and try arguing with their own words agains them, if you absolutely must waste your time on such things.

Just like this I respect I respect his scientific work. Great physicist imo.

>applications of physics into understanding consciousness
sounds meme-ish

>This. Philosophy is essential to science.
And while being so essential Hawking was able to do all that work even refusing it.
Imagine what he could have done with more philosophy, we could have been traveling the universe by now!
Or maybe he's right and philosophy is just postprandial mumbo-jumbo.
I wonder which of the two is right.

>Philosophy is essential to science.

This is just semantics, a word play.

Science does just fine following it's own path made by people hundred or thousands of years ago. Leibniz went mathematics first, philosophy just followed.

People like Kripke do the same thing.