Is baking a girl thing only?

Is baking a girl thing only?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nONTjpmCQvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.
Historically in France where much of our pastries, breads and cakes were invented only women were ever bakers and pastry chefs.
t. Bing.com

No. Most women are terrible bakers.

Wut?

No, don't be stupid.

Yes, of course.

It's a survival thing, people used to do it so they wouldn't starve to death.

For you, yes.

What if I want to learn how to make meat pies?

all the gooks at the 24/7 donut shop near me are men

Baking is not sexist. That's in the bible.

(You)

Watch Puds & Pies on youtube. You can be as manly as that guy

youtube.com/watch?v=nONTjpmCQvg

I'm about as manly as you can get (think John Wayne in his prime) and I bake my own bread and an occasional pie or cheesecake.

Nah.

Go to your nearest bakery or doughtnut shop and see who's baking.

>requires math, precision and discipline

lol, nope

The Filipino Donut Mafia is a man's world

>doughtnut shop

Is baking a Hindu thing only?

yeah pretty much

No. Baking just has more specific measurements and instructions, so it's the only kind of cooking most women can do. At least at home, baking requires no understanding of what the fuck you're doing.

>Im going to be edgy because my dick is eternally dry

>I can't speak the truth because my current fat bipolar gf is the only pussy I'm ever going to get
Nigga, if you could score pussy, you wouldn't be a white knight.

No, faggots do it too.

No.

Some homosexuals also bake.

I've known some really fantastic men bakers, but yeah the majority of bakers are women.

The reason you think most women are bakers are because you are thinking home bakers. With that same thought process most cooks are women as well.

If you look at professional chefs/bakers then they are mostly men.

Traditionally, men bake and women sell.

I gay I bake

That's more cooking than baking imo.

>At least at home

What, are you scared you'll upset some Belgian croissant engineer lurking this thread? Baking for a store is even easier than baking at home.

No

But baking is "using the kitchen on easy mode" so a lot of chicks do it to seem like domestic wifey material. Tell them to roast a chicken and they will meet you with blank stares

THIS.

Women are like children, they want to give the appearance of 'knowing how to cook!' but without learning how to cook. So, they mix together a ton of sugar and butter and wait expectantly to be told how incredible they are at whipping up a complex meal from challenging ingredients.

This. The male gooks near me make more baguettes in a day than a woman will ever make in her life.

Since when did we let the French dictate what is acceptable?

Some of my favorite cookbooks are by males who bake.

Traditionally baking was a woman's thing, because they were at home raising children while the men worked. After Women's Suffrage became a thing, it became pointless to worry about household gender roles. With the leisure time we enjoy in this day and age, bake to your heart's content. Frankly if you can't make a badass loaf of bread to go with that awesome stew you made, you're kitchen skills are woefully inadequate.

Why are gooks making baguettes? That's not their food culture.

It's only a girl thing if you're using a lot of sugar/baking sweet things.

Donuts are not bakery.

Is Veeky Forums really this retarded?

Neither are doughnuts. Bakeries and doughnut shops like that are relatively simple to run and maintain, and they all work harder than you.

The only things women "bake" are cakes that come in a box and cookies.

Short Answer?

Yes.

You need a better woman in your life. Mine makes sweet shit almost exclusively, but it's never from a box.

French cusine had a big influence on vietnamese food.

She's cheating on you.

Maybe. She's away on a 3 month travel nursing contract. If she is, I don't care. If I find out, I'll move onto another. Behold the field where I sow my fucks, and see that it lies fallow.

Ok, Mr Cuckold.

same. I feel ya

Baking is a science. Real Bakers are men. Women can stick to "baking" cakes and cupcakes and pies.

>dat meme

Actually I just know have a line of girls I could have if I wanted them. Finding a woman isn't difficult. I don't know why you spergs all act like losing a woman is the end of the world. Just move on. I've been with this one for 15 years. She's a best friend that I get to fuck at this point. If she decides to fuck on me, I'll move on. New and exciting doesn't sound bad.

I said OK, Mr Cuckold.

No need to flip out!

Last night my waifu used some premixed Betty Crocker muffin shit then added an egg and water and now claims that she knows how to bake.
Women can follow simple instructions, but cannot come up with unique ideas.

Baking is science. Quit asking stupid questions.

You'll know I'm flipping out when I start using my caps lock.

Bitch, If I'm too laid back to care about losing a 15 year relationship, what makes you think I would flip out over this? I'm just replying to kill time until the bar opens in 2 hours.

Baking isn't a girl thing, girls are baking things.

Please calm down and step away from the computer. Mr Cuckold.

No (you)

I can't bake a loaf of bread, and it means nothing to me. I'm not going to spend hours preparing something I can buy for under a dollar.

So, you're too lazy to bake good bread and are content to eat chemical paste instead. Your perogative, but no one gives a shit.

living in a country where the bread is made with a chemical paste... america...

And...that's why I bake my own.

FROGGED

Cooking is an art
Baking is a science

that is actually almost accurate. i had an internship at a lab a few months ago where the chemists jokingly described baking as a simple science because you just measure and mix stuff

Sure is. Men can fuck off.

Girls like to bake at home as a hobby, but I work as a baker and that's no work for a woman. So as a hobby yes but as a job no, theres hardly any women in the business.

>complain that women can't cook/bake for shit
>insist that women's place is in the kitchen
>hey you know that thing you're terrible at? go do that

Well what's the alternative? Let women do actually important things and fuck up the world?

Belgian croissant engineer here: that post triggered me.

lel

I say give them a chance. It would be impossible for them to do worse.

You would be shocked at just how many people can't pay attention & be consistent when cooking.

I've worked with a lot of cooks and all of the good ones can do the above. Seen plenty of people with degrees from culinary schools that can't.

I love this board.

All these cis privileges unchecked...all these cupcakes...

But see in baking that's all you can do. If there's some variation in one of your ingredients or your oven or your pans then you just have to suck it up and maybe adjust your process next time. A skillet is a work in progress and can be adjusted and refined as part of the process.

Should be.

As with most things it's traditionally been done by women but if a man chooses to put his mind to it he will be better than almost any woman at it

Whether it is or not, I don't care. Cookies n shit are too tasty to let something that silly make me stop. Plus, bitches love a man who can cook ANYTHING. Make her creme brûlée and she will creme on your dick.

I tend to think a lot of women gravitate towards baking because to get a decent product there's not a great deal of skill, technique, creativity or improvisation involved.

Baking is a lot like Chemistry. Add X + Y at [Z] degrees and you will get whatever was promised.

For the most part all you need to do is follow the recipe closely without improvisation.

If girls weren't totally useless.

What's up with people here suggesting baking is easy? Shit man, making serious baked goods is hard as fuck. Coating a cake with a perfectly smooth italian meringue icing? Mirror glazes and perfectly cooked caramel sauces?

Baking is at least a few times more challenging than what most plebs of this board would dare to try.