Why are beer snobs so fucking faggy...

Why are beer snobs so fucking faggy. Im trying to get into craft beers and all i hear is slight citrus taste with a hint of honey or faggot shit like that. Or i hear the always american beers taste like shit, budweiser more like piss wster, dude get off your high fucjing horse, its beer get shitface and fuck some whores, i swear id rather drink natural light for the rest if my life than to hear another beer snob cunt.
Also, favorite craft beer, right now drinking bombshell blonde ale, pretty ok

Fucking Midwesterners, I swear.

>yet another shitposting beer thread

It's annoying, I like all beer, craft, foreign, 40oz bottle, don't care, shit's great. I like the different styles and the flavors they give off are interesting, but I generally stick with coors unless I have some extra cash. I get Bell's Two Hearted if I go to the bar because I live in MIchigan and that shit is literally everywhere. But my brother's a huge snob and will drink Belgian's and comment on "flavors of bubble gum" and it's like dude, chill out. Fuck.

Agreed OP, craft beer is for homos.

Got myself a 4 pack of this to try tonight, any other Ausfags here had it yet? I've heard good things.

Try this, OP. It sounds like your speed.

>1000IBU

Literally boot gristle

>why do people like thing and analyze thing they like reeee
please honestly just fucking kill yourself OP, let the rest of us enjoy our beer in peace

Actually, I'm pretty sure that around 100 the human palate stops being able to distinguish between any further IBUs, so these supposed super high level bittered beers are kind of just a gimmick.

I make my own. Slight hint of loganberry, with miniscule citric aroma of zest, a delightful darker amber colour with notes of spring roses, and traces of honey that linger on the palate. It's the beer of champion. Notice how champion is singular? That's because I am the champion and this beer is only made for moi. People like you can never understand. You know why? Because you have an inferior palate. People are not all born the same. Some are genetically superior and the palate is a measure of genetic success. How does it feel to know that moi is the best most superior being on the face of the planet. That's right. Not you. Moi. :)

Can I have some?

I dont give a shit what anyone drinks but come on, can you really say with a straight face that craft beers are on the same level as something like budweiser in terms of smell and taste?

People have been shitposting anti-craft beer threads all day; just ignore it and move on.

of course they are in a different tier but that doesn't make regular lagers complete shit. They're cheap and refreshing and if you drink 12 of them in 3 hours you will probably piss the bed.

I drink a ton of craft beer and still one of my favorite things to do is grab a twelver of Yuengling and pound them. Refreshing as fuck, you can't do that with a 9% 90 ibu imperial ipa

There's a reason why they get called Imaginary Bitterness Units.

Most good beer drinkers also appreciate a nice lager dude. Chill.

this is what happens when you consume a lot of something; you get good at discriminating different tastes and aromas. This happens in music, movies, art, and yes, food and drinks too.
The fact that a lot of people have recently "picked up" on this trend is irrelevant
Some may do it to appear like a connaisseur so they look cool, and others may genuinely enjoy beers
I get it, you don't drink beer as much, maybe you don't like it, and suddenly you see thousands of hipster faggots jerking off to a touch of rosemary and a nice, round taste. Doesn't take anything away from the fact that there are still people out there who genuinely enjoy their brews m8
You enjoy your shit, I enjoy mine

>gets pissed off when the companies describe their flavor
>JUST TELL ME IT TASTES LIKE BEER

Wow, what a faggot.

>I'm trying to get into craft beers

>but all everyone does is talk about how it tastes

stick to your piss water faggot

>Muh refreshment

In what way is beer refreshing? It dehydrates your shit and gives you a buzz. If you want something refreshing, drink some water; if you want flavor, drink a beer with some actual flavor.

I could care less if someone enjoys macro lagers, but the whole "refreshing" thing confuses the fuck out of me.

I found it refreshing that you posted this. I'm glad somebody cared to point out that there is but one single definition of the word "refreshing", naturally meaning "to hydrate". If someone were to say "The ocean breeze was refreshing" or "lager beers are refreshing after a long day", they'd surely need to be refreshed on the English language.

>budweiser more like piss wster
To be fair, Bud sucks.
>i swear id rather drink natural light for the rest if my life
Is it because you hate yourself, honestly can't taste the difference or are so insecure that enjoying something that's emblematic of people you hate would undercut your identity? Are you the kind of person who won't eat specific foods out of fear that enjoying good things will emasculate you? If so then just eat your garbage and stfu.

There are relatively few beers that break 100 IBUs...

>its beer get shitface and fuck some whores
Getting drunk is for the weak-minded

Your palate for beer might be superior but when it comes to pasta you're weak af

>getting drunk is for the weak-minded
>just use your willpower and you can remain sober

It doesn't work that way, dum dum.

I know that feel, I'll drink some buddweiser one day and then some weird cloved belgian strong beer and then a bunch of different IPAs and then coffee stout. Every time I buy I go looking for individual tall cans or small 4 packs of things I've never had before

All beer is good beer

Kek

destroyed

Are you joking?

I fucking love beer but it is in no way refreshing, it actually makes me more thirsty if anything.

>I could care less
The term 'refreshment' fucks you up, but then you post this? Please, have a noose.

>m-muh diuretic properties

Get it through your thick fucking skull. It isn't what the beer is doing to you biologically that makes it "refreshing", it is the sensations and experience that the beer provides.

Chilled beer on a hot summer day is light bodied and effervescent. It breathes new life into those that seek it. If you don't particularly feel that way about beer, you're neither right nor wrong, but don't go around condemning others because they feel that way.

triggered

The only thing I hate about craft beer is that there are literally no craft lagers

I like lager - fuck you it's delicious - make a good one

So you want reviews of all products to just be "S'GOOD" or "S'BAD". Fuck off.

Lagers require more equipment and are expensive to make. Brokeass craft breweries can't afford it

There are a shit ton.

No, I drank them last night. They were as good as the hype desu.

Usually the problem is that a brewery only has enough fermenters for their year-round beers and seasonals. When you brew a lager, you render a fermenter unusable for months until it's fully lagered.

Some breweries, however few, will brew a lager as one of their seasonal brews and let it age during the slow season (ie. right now).

I want to drink a crate of that and piss up the Alamo

Drinking these bad ones tonight.

I'm in love with beer. I brew my own and baby the shit out of it. I'm really glad I started it as a hobby and only wish I started doing it sooner.
OP I kind of see where you are coming from but I think you are overreacting. There is a huge range of flavors and aromas in beer, more so than liquor or arguably wine. It's just the nature of the human palate to over-analyze every aspect of a flavorful beer. You should really get off YOUR high horse pal and mature a little bit.

OP have you tried any bretts? lagers are lagers, ales are ales, stouts are stouts, I agree. one mans interpretation of a double ipa and anothers are just my moms lasagna vs your moms, truthfully

but those wild yeasts will get you. try some and tell me you don't taste all kinds of new and wonderful things

i had one that tasted, i shit you not, exactly like fruity pebbles

For the first beer or two it does have a stimulating effect on the body biologically speaking

If I have a 6 pack in a night, is that considered binge drinking?

What's the ABV

Love my local brewery that emphasizes lagers. They also can the beer in front of you in 32 oz "crowlers" if you want to take one home.

This is an American Dark Lager, one of their flagships besides a honey infused blonde and a Czech style pilsner. They also do some neat stuff, like a rice beer/cider experiment.

But most of the other breweries are ridiculous with 4 or more IPA on tap.

Hahaha what the hell is going on with the font on that can? The name of the beer looks like it was written in Sharpie.

It was. Did you not read where I said they can the beer in front of you? The ABV is also written because SURPRISE, people often get more than 1 and they never have the same beers on tap. The smaller cans they actually sell in stores look completely different.

>Did you not read
Of course I didn't.

6%

in a medical sense that would probably be considered binge drinking if you were not taking at least a 15 minute break between each one.

Well, the general rule of thumb is that a single serving of alcohol is 14g. So a 12 oz can of 5% beer has 14g, a 5oz glass of wine has 14g, and a 1.5oz shot of 80 proof has 14g.

So 6x 6% beers is roughly 7x14g servings of alcohol or approximately 7 shots of 80 proof. Really not that bad if you think about it, although I would be alarmed if someone told me they consumed a full 6 pack to themselves when I was younger.

OP, I agree that a lot of beer snobs are horny for belgium style citrus bullshit and it's getting on my fucking nerves. My buddy and I are brewing Pilsners and bitter English Style Ales, shit's the best.

treehouse is the most overrated brewery in the country hahaha

You have no idea. I too bought into the meme and journeyed my way down to their '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''brewery''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' which is just some meme vats in a fucking barn in the middle of fucking nowhere and these bastards are too cheap to even bother paving their parking lot so you get to park and stand in mud and dirt while you wait in line for their shit beer.

Then once you get inside, it's a couple of cuck hipsters with their ipads taking your order. They only sell certain beers on certain days and they have arbitrary limits.

The beer itself? Not even that good. Alchemist is overrated in a lot of ways too. Heady Topper was average. I thought Focal Banger was much better.

But you know waht I thought was just as good? Fuckin Jacks Abby Kiwi Rising which isn't hard to find at all. I am tired of this exclusivity meme

no cuz you said craft beer is for homos but that looks like craft beer to me

It was a stealth pro-craft beer post like the OP.

I will mail you my gluten free Lager it is pretty good.

what's with all the fruity meme beers that Ballast Point makes?

Not that it really matters, but what brewery do you think has the best artwork for their beers?

Lagunitas pils is great

Brooklyn Lager

I like NZ brewery Garage Project's labels.

Or maybe just control your liquor and not drink to the point of uncomfort?

I like this one from To Ol, but you're right, it doesn't matter.

Come to think of it, it sort of does. If you're buying beer randomly, I'm sure near artwork will catch your eye more than something like Smuttynose that looks like the label was made with MS Paint

*neat

>not willing yourself sober
you mundanes are great fun in drinking contests

>not sciencing yourself sober
you jocks are great fun in drinking contests

Do you literally take anyone who uses the term "literally" in the colloquial manner literally as well?

Sam Adams Boston Lager is god tier, even if its not a microbrew

How the hell do those people on beer advocate come up with the notes for the way beer smells and tastes?

belgians do taste like bubblegum, though.

do you prefer guinness draught or extra stout?

I like them both but definitely prefer extra stout, it has more carbonation and more flavor

why do you retards keep bumping obvious troll threads
you'll only encourage further shitposting

random "taste notes" generator