I don't know how to cook

I don't know how to cook.

Did I do well?

It looks greasy.

What other vegetables should I have added to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idGvS0pKiC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it looks putrid

If there wasn't that disgusting """sriracha mayo""" on it, I could give you a better assessment

I wouldn't add much more than some green capsicum and spring onion

You know you can just buy sriracha, and then open up your fridge and take out your jar of mayo, and then take out a little bowl and a spoon, AND YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT FOR BUYING STUPID OVERPRICED PREMIXED SRIRACHA MAYO.

And if you thought it looks greasy to begin with YOU SHOULDN'T OF COVERED THE ENTIRE PLATE IN FUCKING MAYONNAISE, WHICH IS BASICALLY JUST MORE GREASE.

>other vegetables

I don't see any to begin with. Did you think that the sriracha mayo was a vegetable just because there are green things on the label?

whats the color brown OP? is that pork

It looks greasy AND burned

yes way too much mayo

Looks edible. Honestly can't tell there's vegetables in it, it looks like sesame chicken. You can only improve, OP.

>whats the color brown OP? is that pork
Pork yeah

teriyaki pork

I put shitake mushrooms in it, but it tastes just like regular mushrooms

It's not that bad

>I don't know how to cook.
Yes, this is very obvious.

Oh god I just ate the whole thing and it was fucking atrocious.

Why is cooking so hard?

Why did you eat the entire plate of food if it was atrocious?

I was hungry, and it tasted somewhat okay at the start

Oh how wrong I was....

man I used sushi rice too

why did this turn out so shit?

How do I cook?

Should I learn recipes before I cook?

How do you cook without recipes?

sushi rice + lots of mayo lol what did you expect. yes every chef start with an established recipe then tweak according to preference. take note though that recipes are NOT rules. they are not absolute. treat them as mere suggestions.

if you want to cook something like you just did but good and not so unhealthy try bloccorrii beerf

youtube.com/watch?v=idGvS0pKiC4

I have a shit electric stove and a 12 inch carbon steel pan
how would I be able to fry brocoli like this guy?

Also how it frying all of this food in oil any healthier than what I did?

[spoiler/]vegetables are nutritious[spoiler]

As long as you can get the pan smoking hot and toss the food around you can stir-fry.

>As long as you can get the pan smoking hot
but if I get it too hot I can burn the vegetables or start a fire

what temperature should I have it on on a carbon steel pan?

Also whenever I try to cook, the vegetables ABSORB the oil and I have to keep adding more
this can't possibly be healthy

This. A bit of oil is enough. Nvm if the veggies absorbed the oil as long as they're not sticking in the pan.

don't burn shit, cook slow. follow recipes. its easy to cook. eye appeal is important.

>Nvm if the veggies absorbed the oil
isn't that unhealthy and makes it taste soggy?

>cook slow
I though stir fry is supposed to be fast?

you can leave shit on lowwer temps and itll have the same effect with more juices. higher temps will boil the juices out and dry it.

It depends on the type of oil that you are using, also the amount. Olive oil has the highest unsaturated - saturated fat ratio so relatively its healthier than other oils.

then why do people cook shit with higher temps
I thought thats how stir fry is made?

But isn't frying the oil creating a massive amount of trans fats?

your using too high of a temperature.

God I don't know. You are doing a stir fry therefore you need oil no matter what. If you want healthier option try steamed veggies. Just add some salt and a dash of pepper.

>If you want healthier option try steamed veggies.
So bland they make me gag.

tomatoes, squash, and asparagus.

The food will be dry if you cook it for too long.

That's the dilemma in culinary. You want a delicious dish? Great - use this and that and this but most of the time it's unhealthy. You want healthy? Great - use this low sodium bla bla fat free cholesterol free bla bla. It's a never ending battle of taste and nutrition.

Not really. salt can be compensated with umami, chili is healthy and produce of good quality improves any dish.

best example of tasty/healthy: caprese salad.

>umami
msg?

why can't you just mix sriracha and mayo? you fucking freak.

Yeah, glutamates are the basic form of the umami/savory taste, but you can get it without using MSG. it's naturally occurring in hard cheeses, tomatoes, pretty much any kind of fermented seasoning (soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, douchi, doubanjiang, marmite/vegemite, etc.) You also get it by browning your meats/vegetables, etc.

>Why is cooking so hard?
Just look up recipes dude. Try a simple curry recipe, it's basically just putting things in a saucepan in the right order for the right amount of time.

jesus christ.... sushi rice? well that would explain why your rice looks like pudding