Rate my Chilli Veeky Forums

Rate my Chilli Veeky Forums

Even after putting all the ingredients in there, is there any last minute things I can do to make it taste better?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

heres a close up picture

Can't rate without tasting, but extra paprika or even a pinch of smoked paprika is a good secret weapon.

Looks pretty generic not that there's anything wrong with that, do you do anything special with the sauce besides chili powder?

Nope just chilli powder for now, what else should I add?

added some more paprika and black pepper

Holy shit that is enough for 20 people.
MSG is amazing in chili. Hope you used some.
"last minute things" are called toppings. You need oyster crackers, good crusty bread, cheese, sour cream, diced onion, hot sauce, and other toppings. Let your guests add their preferences and textures. You supply a solid base, let them customize it.

Chili is more fun if you have a secret ingredient like a splash of a certain brand of beer or a spoon of instant coffee or something. It's a good base to experiment with because it's nearly impossible to fuck up.

oh great, now i need a chili dog, thanks asshole.

Black pepper, Paprika, too late for white onion, maybe Jalapeño or Habañero seeds if you like that kind of heat in chili, maybe salt. But I wouldn't fuck with that too much more

The biggest game changer for me was adding some chipotle peppers and sauce to my chili. Completely changes the flavor profile

It's meant to last a while. Unfortunately I don't have any MSG at the moment but I do have all that other stuff for the people who want to eat it
Already has all those ingredients thankfully. I'm probably gonna add some of this into my own dish

One of my favorites is adding pumpkin, it's a great fall chili and it really thickens up the base without being overpowering in flavor.

That's an interesting idea. I think I'll try that next time I make a batch. I'll probably roast it to get some caramalisation on it and then puree it.

replace meat with lentils. Meat really doesn't belong in chili. meat has a rank taste to it. Meat ruins chili.

Retard.

looks good, doesn't it?

Ok, you're calling it Chili, but you have beans in there.

Chili doesn't have beans in it.

Looks more like soup than like chilli. I prefer mine to be thicker / with less liquid. I sometimes add a piece or two of dark chocolate. And grilled or pan fried bell peppers which I add at the end so they don't go too soft.

post your dang recipe then we can tell you what its missing doi

it has chili bean in it, that's why it's called chili faggot

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as chili, is in fact, chili con carne, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, chili con carne with beans. chili is not an dish unto itself, but rather another free spice of a fully functioning meal made useful by the ingredients compiled.
Many household cooks prepare a modified version of chili con carne every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of chili con carne which is widely used today is often called “Chili”, and many of its users are not aware that beans were not originally present in the dish. Professional 'chili' chefs do not and cannot use beans while preparing the dish at competition or they face disqualification.

So the fuck what? Why limit yourself with chili?

seriously?

this already looks pretty thick to be honest pham

beans in chili ruin the whole meal for me

Looks like a waste of time and energy.
This isn't even chili anymore, it's vaguely chili-like soup.

Not him but when I make chilli I either use beans or ground beef, never both.

Then you haven't had good chili with beans.

Needed to use more beans.
Meat looks a bit too finely broken to have a pleasant texture.
6.5/10, if served would gladly eat but would secretly judge you.
Last-minute additions could be the previously mentioned smoked paprika, fish/worcester sauce, a small bit of dark chocolate, or instant coffee. If you do add anything don't over-do it, you'll ruin the entire batch.

I can second the dark chocolate or cold coffee. It's a great last minute addition to give the chili more depth and give it a nice perfume and darker color.

It's done cooking and it's delicious. Next time I'll try the instant coffee suggestion and also add more beans.
I prefer to have the chilli meat more finely broken but thats just me

>Folgers in my chili

wtf?

I eat something similar every single day. It's the reason I've lost lots of weight and feel better than I've ever felt in a long time (coffee helped too).

Now that is a meaty chili. I normally like mine to be a bit more liquid so that every spoonful has a sort of tomatoey "soup" containing deliciousness and spicy hotness that hits the back of the throat when you consume. As far as looks go though, its definitely chili. The beans look nice and tender too.

>Chili doesn't have beans in it.
get out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne

You fat fuck. How about a human size portion next time?

Thanks, I prefer the meatier Chilli, but others here say you should add less sauce. I guess it's up to preference.
Made it for my family. Stop projecting fatty

Could really use some anchovies.

Your family all eat out of the same bowl? Dumb cunt. Check the post i replied to.

Fuck you that is literally a cereal bowls worth of chilli. I'm sorry if thats too much for you ma'am

>You fat fuck. How about a human size portion next time?

not op but I eat even more chili than that, but I'm skinny because my chili has very little fat in it, and no meat. Chili can be a diet food and still taste delicious.

Colorful/10
Would eat.