Veeky Forums humor thread

Post them nerds

This ones not quite humor but it is cool

kek

Some are bullshit, I checked with Photoshop.

QED

I don't get it. The left one is Maxwell equation, the right panel is a multivariable version. So what's the punch line

The right one is a more elegant expression of the left.

>Tensor Notation
>Elegant
Nigga what

how important is maths to science?

Can you be a good scientist if you're terrible at maths?

>relativistic invariance
>not elegant
baka desu senpai

> An angel came down for a meeting of the American Philosophical Association. Greeting the philosophers, the angel offered to answer a single question for them. Immediately the philosophers set to arguing about what they should ask. So the angel said, "Alright, you figure out what you want to ask. I'll come back tomorrow." A
> Some of the philosophers favored asking conjunctive questions, but others argued persuasively that the angel probably wouldn't count this as a single question. One philosopher wanted to ask "What is the best question to ask?", in the hope that some day another angel might make a similar offer, at which point they could then ask the best question. But this suggestion was rejected by those who feared that no such opportunity would arise and did not want to waste their only question.
> Finally, the philosophers agreed on the following question: "What is the ordered pair whose first member is the best question to ask, and whose second member is the answer to that question?" Satisfied with their decision, the philosophers awaited the angel's return the next day, whereupon they posed their question. And the angel replied: "It is the ordered pair whose first member is the question you just asked, and whose second member is the answer I am now giving." And then he disappeared.

>Dean, to the physics department: "Why do I always have to give you guys so much money, for laboratories and expensive equipment and stuff? Why couldn't you be more like the math department - all they need is pencils, paper, and waste-paper baskets. Or even better, like the philosophy department. All they need are pencils and paper."

>An infinite number of math teachers walk into a bar.
>The first asks for a beer.
>The second asks for half a beer.
>The third asks for a quarter of a beer.
>This continues until the 7th teacher places his order, when the bar tender says "Enough!", places two beers on the table and says "You math teachers just don't know your limits."

this is like normie-tier shit

get out

holy kek.
this is fucking great.

>couchy

B-but... that's not how his name is pronounced..................

pull the lever because
zeta(0)>zeta(-1)

In this case, the lower track would be the correct path of the trolley to kill the least amount of people

In fact, you end up saving 1/12 of a life

also correction
>zeta(0)

well
so long as the trolly can run infinitely, and an infinite supply of people to run over can be supplied, then you would choose the left track because muh -[math]\frac{1}{12}[/math] but since it definitely fucking can't on both counts, then you would choose the right track.
This is because for real numbers within the cardinal series [math]\aleph_0[/math] the sum of all people on the right track can be proven to be lesser than the equivalent operation of the left track.

>knows 1+2+3+4+...=-1/12 meme
>doesn't know 1+1+1+1+...=-1/2 meme
>mfw

oh shit
well uh
in that case supposing the trolley can run infinitely and an infinite number of people can be supplied then after an infinite amount of time running down the right track you'd save half a person.
So right on both counts.

What in this is science/math-related?

/pol/ posters fuck off.

switch the tracks to the one with the 5 people on it

go away separatist retard

samefag

samefag
:6)

samefag.

samefag

Shamefag

why is he wrong

Maths is the cornerstone of science.

Why is the pee gone?

Also, there weren't 6 billion people 3 billion years ago.

Because it doesn't take into account that:
-Organisms which required water as a life sustaining solvent/reactant did not exist directly following abio-genesis, and evolved at a much later period
-fresh water, under carefully controlled conditions, is renewable
-6 billion people did not exists 3 billion years ago

Interuniversal Teichmüller Theory needs to be more of a meme. I cant stand all those highschool faggots talking about 1+2+3+...=-1/12 anymore

This cannot be real...... r-right?

It actually doesnt matter since both sides have the same amount of people, since 1 + (1 + 1) +... = 1 + 2 + ... = -1/12 so it doesnt matter

Lol they discovered Riemann Sums all on their own

Mathematicians absolutely destroyed.

same fag

Winrar?

>when the newfags want in on the action

Not funny man, way too accurate...

GauB disagrees.

gob

Accurate for a freshman. If he were a PHD student or postdoc working in physics it would be:
>What is your worst fear?
>"not being able to find a job."

Samefag.

Samefag

That's more of a /g/ joke, isn't it?

that wasnt very funny

Fuck you, I legitimately laughed.

ocean water...

you probably don't understand it

-1/2=1+1+1+...=1+(1+1)+(1+1+1)+...=1+2+3+...=-1/12
Therefore -1/2=-1/12, so 2=12. Maths btfo

What's wrong with that, if you conclude 1=1, obviously true, from your reasoning then your proof is right and finished

the worst part of this is that sin(0) = 0

You can't cancel the x you fucking retard. BAKA.

first two made me laugh heartily

No. You need to get to what you wanted to show. Getting 1=1 can be meaningless.

Oh I get it, you were baitin

Neat

Underrated because the "cs is a meme"-meme

Why were his glasses always wobbly ? was it a joke or some Veeky Forums or /psy/ can chime in.

always boggled me...

a bit more /mu/ than Veeky Forums but i like it

If you want to show some equation holds and when you modify it and get 1=1 or something similar, meaning that the equation is equivalent to some obvious truth then the proof is complete. That's the way most of the proofs work, you show your theorem is equivalent to some obvious truth

But that's correct, anything times 0 equals 0.

i dont really understand it but i dont think that would make it funny it's just not funny you dork lol

Medicine is so cute

Normie level meme incoming

OH MY GOD like i just, like, can't even, like, BELIEVE u just said that, like, umm, how can someone be soo RACIST in 2016? I mean, like, come on, it's like, 2016, or whatever, it's time to drop your stupid racism, like, i mean, like, race isn't even real it's just a social construct, like, seriously. How about you go back to you disgusting f*cking RACIST!

Thats why I said it could be meaningless, not that it invariably was. Just as a basic example, if the proof involves solving for a variable getting 1=1 is useless.