What's the bitrate of human spine?

Its analog

c'mon

he's right

you can't really measure it

it would be like saying "what is the bitrate on the output of an opamp"

I have no idea what an opamp is but nerves do spike.

no neuroscientists et al. here?

Analog channels have bitrates though.

slow board is slow

implementation-dependent

Do you feel like elaborating on that a bit?

if it's just providing negative feedback then bitrate isn't a meaningful measurement though

for fucks sake don't tell me this is just a slow nerdy /b/

You don't need to worry anymore, user, I took care of 'Cleverbot':

Cleverbot BTFO

The coup de grĂ¢ce!

bump

Me: Ok, I'm gonna jerk off then.
Cb: Ok! Have a good one! Bye! ;D

For a bitrate, you first need bits.

As an analog system you may better ask for the bandwidth.

I dont know the answer but the correct way to ask the question. That's my contribution.

With respect to information theory, regardless of the signal medium, any channel has an effective bit rate. In other words, how many bits of information per unit time may be transferred through the human spine?

Information transport in humans is not digital, period. The "effective bitrate" is kind of impossible to say, because we are still not entirely sure how exactly information gets processed. We simply don't know how much of the analog character is relevant etc.

bump

Nice tripsx2
It's an odd question so probably nobody would have an exact answer
estimate number of channels * estimate number of discreet signal values * freq

1. Varies by the current state
2. Kinda impossible to say
3. Probably somewhere in the range of some gigabits to tens or hundreds of gigabits during peaks, lower otherwise, and keep in mind most of the data are probably dumped during pre-processing.

basically it has a hight bitrate but it isnt serial....the nervous system is parallel - a huge amount of wires - thats why when you break your back you are fucked, we cant solder those thousands of connections

a better question i like to ask is - what is the size of our operating system and if we have a soul is heaven just like the the cloud ?

>but it isnt serial
i think it is partially, but yeah, it's mostly parallel.

>what is the size of our operating system
lel

slow board for slow people

good for me

The spine is more of just a copper wire.
And bit rate isn't really useful in this case. More important is the amount of useful information that can be passed in a short time period. This is all determined by the brain.

I am however interested in the latency of certain parts of the nervous system...

bump
feel free to discuss them here as long as you bump the thread