How do I make it taste good?

how do I make it taste good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wg2ajk7W6t4
youtube.com/watch?v=JVbnTHZE7ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

roast in a hot oven and add a good cheese sauce. Not that nacho shit.

This.
Proper cauliflower cheese is top notch.

steam it till falling apart and mash with a few cloves of garlic and plenty of butter and salt and pepper

>youtu.be/wg2ajk7W6t4

cut in pieces, dip in bbq and bake in oven. BBQ cauliflower is 10/10.

You could also blend it into mince, fry and add to pasta or any pasta sauce.

Or cut in slizes and fry in oil and lemon juice.

Versatile shit right there. Love the taste.

I just eat it raw with salt, lemon juice and a little olive oil.

I once cut an entire head of cauliflower up and served it raw for a party and it was gone in half an hour. I offered peanut butter for dipping, thinned with a neutral-flavored oil.

Or you could roast it, but the oven must be very very hot to get it crunchy and not mushy. There are many good recipes online for roasted cauliflower.

bread it, deep fry it, and put buffalo sauce on it for vegetarian buffalo wings

spoiler it's better than the real thing /spoiler

preheat oven to 180 degrees c
1 - break cauliflower into medium sized florets
2 - boil some water
3 - if you have saffron, add a small amount to a cup and pour in a small cup of boiling water.
3 - cut a red onion in half and slice thinly
4 - open a jar of green olives and cut about four handfuls in half
5 - scatter all ingredients in a baking tray
6 - add a two handfuls of juicy raisins. add in saffron-infused water (or just boiling water if no saffron).
7 - add salt and pepper
8 - cover baking tray with tin foil
9 - bake for about 45 minutes
10 - take out of the oven and the florets should be slightly brown
11 - serve on a large serving plate. i like to cover everything with drizzles of tahini and pomegranate molasses but this is optional.
12 - eat

It's quite good when made into a mash.

Just find a good mashed taters recipe and sub the cauliflower for the potatoes.

>8 - cover baking tray with tin foil
>9 - bake for about 45 minutes
>10 - take out of the oven and the florets should be slightly brown
>covered
>brown
What wizardry is this!

>DUDE CHEESE LMAO
>DUDE BUTTER LMAO
>DUDE FRY IT LMAO

I know what you mean, but somehow they turn out a nice brown :)

crudites went out in the 70's user

With yellow curry and flatbread

I love it sectioned and tossed with olive oil and sea salt and baked til a bit golden. It seems to deepen the flavor.
I love it dipped in Bolthouse Farms Avocado dressing.

>DUDE CHEESE AND BUTTER IS A MUST ON EVERY PREPARATION LMAO

Sautéed on high heat, add soy sauce and cumin seeds near the end. It's easy and you can actually feel like you aren't trying to make yourself even fatter than you already are when you eat it.

fry it

Deep fry florets and top with tahini dressing
or
Toast cumin in peanut oil, add chopped ginger, add cauliflower and potato, salt, turmeric, chili and a little water. Cover and cook gently until potatoes are done. You may have to add some water along the way.
or
Boil with pasta, dress with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Add cheese if you like.
or
Boil until almost done. Finish in pan with peanut oil, garlic, ginger, scallions, soy sauce and oyster sauce.

roast it

I like to bake it with curry powder and red wine vinegar.

>DUDE RAW BLAND FOOD IS GREAT! I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE COOK!

Are you fucking kidding me?
Cooking it removes the heathy minerals, leaving you with a mush.
Eat them raw, in a salad.

>DUDE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK WITHOUT BUTTER AND CHEESE SO I ASSUME EVERY OTHER OPTION IS RAW BLAND FOOD LMAO

>DUDE BUTTER AND CHEESE TASTES BAD!
go back to your tendies.

I never said it tastes bad though

Then use it you dumb faggot.

Slice into steaks, baste with a marinade, roast until dark golden brown.

Do nothing to it.

>>DUDE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK WITHOUT BUTTER AND CHEESE SO I ASSUME EVERY OTHER OPTION IS RAW BLAND FOOD LMAO

Butter and cheese are the foundations of any decent vegetable dish.

Lemme guess, you're a fucking salad eating, cock loving, white boy aren't you?

No, that's babby-mode.

I'm not the user you're arguing with but I read
>salad eating, cock loving, white boy
and felt seen, thank you.

>MY PRETENSION PREVENTS ME FROM USING GOOD TASTING INGREDIENTS!

Go back to your "essence of cauliflower air foam" you amazing cock gobbler.

Go back to your mac 'n' cheese, peasant.

it would be a gratin in this case you airhead.

Any way you want, OP.

It's a flavor sponge.

Never thought about making caurifrower. That sounds delicious.

Boil it, dip it in flour then eggyolk then breadcrumbs, then deep fry it

It already tastes good.

For Christmas, though, I rubbed it with a paste of olive oil, finely shredded Parmesan, mustard, and black pepper. Bake at 375 for one hour or so. Until a skewer can pass through it with no resistance. Everyone loved it and none of them were huge cauliflower fans.

Got a great recipe. Sauté minced garlic and crushed red pepper in olive oil. When fragrant, add 1 grated onion and sauté for 4 minutes. add 1 whole cauliflower, medium dice, sauté until it has a little color. Add 2 tbsp tomato paste and 1 can of crushed tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup raisins. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Toss with spaghetti and cheese and a little chopped parsley.
Taste and you will make this face.

Just a very mild steam and a touch of black pepper. Divine!

Oh and salt pepper to taste.

That's fucked up dude

Make aloo gobi.

You don't need to. Personally when I lived on my own in college and wasn't living with mommy and daddy that was my go to snack. Just raw and rinse it.

Would need some water to eat some

And as you can imagine I'm a fat fuck now compared to before since I don't buy my own food and subsequently am not a cheap ass living off of cauliflower and rice and eggs and tuna and mustard

Same with broccoli. Idk I prefer it raw but shit that drys your mouth up

Stir fry with carrot and squid

Is there a way to do this in a normal pan? If so, how?

Soup is your best option.

Just put it into your mouth, it tastes fine

youtube.com/watch?v=JVbnTHZE7ws

the only way to learn how to cook this

It's like seinfeld all over again

I bake it a 350 and then cover it in kerrygold

kerrygold butter that is, though I'm sure their cheese would work as well

Stop being a fag

Add cheese or add lemon, olive oil, salt.

Toss it in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven until brown. Toss it in Buffalo sauce.

Make cauliflower rise for my wa all the time. Use the large holes on the grater to grate the cauliflower down (it'll look like rice), season with some salt and pepper, then cook it in a hot pan with a bit of olive oil until toasted.

Soup.
Saute onion & garlic, add chicken stock & cauliflower, simmer until soft, blend, add pepper & nutmeg to taste.

puree
serve with white fish and sundried tomatoes

this is the new meme

Simplest way:
Clean it, cut it in big chunks.
Boil it, but not too long to keep it somewhat crunchy. Add a splash of milk to get rid of the cabbage-y smell and taste.
Salt and pepper.
Serve with Hollandaise.

Pickle it in vinegar with salt, garlic, and jalapenos.

No mention of anchovies yet? A fucking disgrace. Both broccoli and cauliflower go really well with them - gently sautee 2 cloves of garlic, anchovies and a chopped/sliced onion. In the meantime chop up the cauliflower into walnut-sized bits and boil/steam it until it becomes softer - go easy though, you want it to retain some crispness, especially broccoli. Once boiled, dump into the pan and sautee the whole thing for a few minutes. Thank me later.

Cut it up into pieces. Cook them in salted water and let it cool. Then cover each piece with flour, dip in mixed egg, and then cover it in breadrumbs. Fry it. Make some boiled potatoes as a side. I use mayo or tartar sauce as a dip but ketchup, tzatziky or almost any yoghurt or tomato based sauce works well with it.

Pic related is the result it's awesome comfort food.

Look haha COLLIE flower

Rice it and make a Moroccan style pilaf with it.

>cut into florets and roast with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic
>batter and bake, then toss in sauce and bake again
>steam until fork tender, then stir fry in sauce
The list goes on, you can even eat it raw with some dip and it's still tasty as fuck.

I'll make a simple curry sauce with mustard, curry powder, tomato paste, onion, garlic, cardamon, and cumin, and roast the cauliflower. Pour a little sauce on each plate, get a portion of florets, and enjoy.

Chop quite fine, steam in milk until tender, with ground nutmeg, 1/4 cup Parmesan, blend. Optional, mix steamed broccoli, top with cheddar, bake 10 mins. Dericious

Tfw when u want to switch to a vegan diet for health reasons but every vegan recipes that aren't salads are unhealthy af

>boil it with some salt
>cut it into bite sized pieces
>roll them through flower
>roll them through egg
>roll them through breadcrumbs
>fry in some oil until crispy

>crush some garlic with some salt and sugar
>add some oil (2-3 tsp)
>mix until it's kind of like mayo
>add some water
>use it as dipping sauce for cauliflower

>goes well with some fresh bread

You just have to steam it until soft, put some butter and megnut on it and it's fine.

Possibly you just have shit taste though.

Who said vegan diet was healthy?

Vegans

Blanch halfway then fry with tempura batter. If not then the typical roasted with cumin, tahini, cumin etc

This.
Are you by any chance from central or eastern europe? Learned this recipe from my babushka.

Chicken curry with cauliflower:
>Chicken stock
>Chicken
>Onions
>Garlic
>Cauliflower
>Chick peas
>Turmeric
>Cumin
>Basil
>Black pepper
>Baby spinach

Sear the chicken in a pan first, caramelize some of the onions & garlic in the same pan, and deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Throw the chicken & veggies in a big pot, add the stock, herbs and spices (don't be stingy with the turmeric & cumin, use a lot) and cook it on low until everything is tender.

1) Put it on a bowl with whisked eggs. Dredge on bread crumbs or panko. Fry.

2) Put it in the oven, covered in Bechamel.

De Nada.

Dude cauliflower is one of the best veggies. You can slice it up and pan fry in butter like a steak, roast it, marinate, use it in curry, chop it finely and make something similar to a rice pilaf with it. It soaks up flavor really well and has a great, firm texture.

Boil it
Mash it
Stick it in a stew

Somehow when I think Veeky Forums has gone to total shit a thread like this happens.

Just steam it

eat it raw with a dip or cover it's taste with garlic or something

This looks good.

Waht does saute mean

dip them in some batter, fry it

goat

I agree with the tempura suggestion.

If not there, make some aloo ghabi.

Just cook it however, cauliflower is already delicious.