How can he be so smart

yet still be a complete dumbass at the same time?

Can't be that smart if I don't even know who he is. Really smart people tend to be famous due to their contributions to science.

Everiste Galois

Hermann Weyl once said about a famous letter
by Galois and said this

"This letter, if judged by the novelty and profundity of ideas it contains, is perhaps the most substantial piece of writing in the whole literature of mankind."

>Hermann Weyl

Never heard of him either. Why did you waste precious Veeky Forums bandwidth to make a thread about literal nobodies?

Isaac Newton?

>at the same time?
How was he stupid?
Your judgement seems to be informed by trivial primal survival instincts, bravo

>never heard of Galois

kys

>ga-loice

I don't know the guy, but one of my favorite professors told me that everyone is a dumbass at something.

Some people spend their entire lives fixated on one thing, they'll become amazingly proficient at it, but they'll be a complete idiot in everything else.

A great example of this is how Sir Isaac Newton gambled most of his fortune away by speculating on South Sea Company stock. Newton sank most of his fortune into the company just because he'd heard that they had exclusive rights to trade with the Spanish Indies; however, what he didn't care about were the investor letters he received which clearly showed that the company was just a big fat bubble.

desu I feel bad for you if you don't know H Weyl.

An amazing mathematician, physicist, and thankfully philosopher of natural science who took the time to describe a mathematician's way of thinking and the scientific zeitgeist of his era.

Also the fact u don't know galois doesn't lend you much credence. He has at least 20 important mathematical constructions/branches of math named after him.

>being good at math means you're smart
lmao, is this what you tell yourself to not feel insecure?

haha nigga like stay dumb an butthurt bro, normies shake my fuckin head

>dga-louise

He died defending a woman who didn't give two shits about him. Whatta fucking beta

Dumb asian poster.

There's a dumb ass inside every smart person, beneath that beautiful picture we paint on the shell made of all we choose to see of them. 'Tis a tragedy. :^)

>Everiste

can't be smart if you get your ass shot by an alpha male over some 3dpd if you ask me.

I was gonna shit on this guy for not knowing Galois
Then I saw these and realized well shit I'm just another pleb who doesn't know H Weyl. Off to memorizing everyone listed as a mathematician or physicists on wikipedia before I shit post on Veeky Forums again

galois was a beautiful liberal revolutionary, hang yourself.

That doesn't change the fact that he's still beta as fuck. Genius or not.

>Galois
>assisted in laying the foundations of group theory
>died in a duel

>(You)
>
>

i have his age and I haven't achieved shit. i have a gf tho

How was he a dumbass? He lived the life he wanted to live, he never compromised, and he blew all other mathematicians at the time out of the water.

That's a rumor. Truth is no one knows what the duel was for and the most likely reason was politics.

he was a cuck and died due to it

Almost everyone is a dumbass in at least one respect.