I read somewhere that Bill Gates' roommate stated that Bill studied almost non-stop for thirty-six plus hours...

I read somewhere that Bill Gates' roommate stated that Bill studied almost non-stop for thirty-six plus hours, then he would sleep for ten hours, woke up to eat real quick, and then he would study for another thirty-six plus hours.

How does one do this? Was Bill on crack??

Does anyone know if it's even effective to study after a certain amount of hours? Isn't there a magic number of study hours in which the brain stops retaining a fair bit of knowledge?

What does Veeky Forums's study habits look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Recruit_Training#The_Crucible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Isn't there a magic number of study hours in which the brain stops retaining a fair bit of knowledge?

For me that number seems to be like couple of minutes.

Usually I study for a normal period of time but whenever I have a breakthrough, a great idea, I'll get consumed by it and go at it for so long that I can no longer tell whether it's day or night. I just keep going back and forth from working to eating until I collapse.

Dont be fucking stupid no amount of studding will make your father rich,send you to Harvard and with his connections will introduce you to key business people.

I can only study for a few hours at a time before I need to switch gears for a while.

I can go back afterward, but studying non-stop for long periods of time just doesn't work for me.

My brain starts wandering too often, and I end up having to reread the same pages.

You probably read that here because we just had this thread yesterday...

? You caught me, because me wanting to know everyone's study hours compared to someone like Bill Gates means that I want to follow in Bill's footsteps.

Life is not black and white and your edge is getting in the way for you to see that.
You can bullshit all you want in the grand scheme of things studying can have low or high impact on your situation and Bill Gates method of handling life wont help you.

Most living Marines did this once during crucible. Billy G had it easy IMO.

also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Recruit_Training#The_Crucible

Bill Gates has mild, non-severe autism. Only autistic people are capable of sitting down in one spot for 36 hours

>no amount of studying will send you to Harvard
Not necessarily true.

This was probably to cram for midterms of something.

99.99% of the time, successful and accomplished people are that way because they have very normal, regular and mundane schedules. Go to bed, get 8 hours of sleep, rinse wash repeat.

No one can actually do what's mentioned in that anecdote without burning out.

Bill Gates isn't that smart
He was probably reading Twilight fanfiction for thirty hours straight

He might have been working on an assignment instead of studying for an exam. I've had to stay up for over 36 hours a few times to get big projects done. It's not the same as studying new information and retaining it; it's work work work with skills you've already acquired.

He was programming for pay as a young teenager and scored a 1590/1600 on the SAT. In Harvard, he created a pancake sorting algorithm that remained the most efficient algorithm for 30 years.

A N K I
N
K
I

Not him, but you're the only edgy asshole here

he's jewish ubermensch with photographic memory

Also now, that algorithms been improved by one only 1% more efficient. Bill Gates actually has a lot of intelligence.

stallman used to eat chinese food and hack till sunrise

that's for losers without self-discipline and aren't even going to a real university (read global top 50: let's be realistic)

bill gates had access to a fucking computer computer at 13 when most university professors in the country had not.

very stimulating childhood environment is the biggest if not the only reason people achieve stuff early in life or at all. mark zuckerberg had a fucking programming teacher when he was 13. oh gee i wonder how its possible that hes worth 50 billion at 30. steve wozniak? his father was fucking military engineer who taught him stuff at home that his fucking teachers wouldnt even known existed at the time, e.g. transistors which back then were classified military technology. gee i wonder how was he able to create a fucking apple computers.
feynman? same story with his father, asking questions to provoke thinking and explaining stuff to him. and then high school teacher that was a fucking university professor who had to work in high schol because of financial crisis who provided him with books that allowed him to learn stuff well beyond what every idiot leearns in high school.

every fucking person who achieved anything substantial had a extraordinary childhood, don't even try to fucking deny that.

also check out polgar sisters. only problem with them is they're fucking women and so at some point they don't have any real motivation beyond making babies and plaing house.

remember this: achieving something because have very stimulating environment in the childhood its only a big deal because 99.9% of fucking idiots don't provide that for their children because they are too stupid to think about it. they buy into this bullshit life recipe: you learn in schools -> get a job
in short that fucking teachers and then some rich corporate owners will take care of their childrens future. which is bullshit, its just what masters tell their slaves (populace) so they're useful for them.

achieving something substantial? requires totally different kind of environment and thinking than the usual learn->job->fucking die.

overschooled = undereducated
drop out of uni like Gates
can you?
more and more die in debt

>amphetamines

You should just in general ignore anecdotes like that. It's almost always bullshit or half-truths.

bill gates had access to a fucking MAINFRAME computer at 13 when most university professors in the country had not.

free market vs government in a nutshell

Terms and condition apply
1. You gotta be black