What calculator does Veeky Forums use?

What calculator does Veeky Forums use?

I have a TI 30XIIS, but the buttons on it are horrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlIqlaxs_sE
uq.edu.au/myadvisor/docs/exams/non-approved-calculators.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ah, the good old days...

I rarely get to use a calculator anymore. When I do it's either a TI 36X or TI-NSpire CAS.

TI-30XA
it could use a few more functions, but the buttons are pretty nice

I use PARI/gp on my phone and computer. Great number theory support.

Pic related for most calculations
MATLAB and Python for everything else

It has all the physical and astronomical constants you'll ever need, and you can instantly copy results from a previous line of calculation into the next, not to mention having extensive 2D graphing abilities. It also has a reference section if you can't remember the cosine rule or whatever. Also included are a triangle solver, third order polynomial solver, and a matrix calculator for the more lazy of us. You can't bring it into an exam of course.

Buttons are fine (as long as you tap one at a time). It's a good calculator to settle with because it's approved for all the standardized exams.

1st year EE. Bought a TI83 for $5. should I invest in something else?

I have a TI84 plus C silver edition

TI-86

what is this?

The one between my ears.

learn mathematica and run it on a tablet
godmode

You're good senpai. I think the TI-89 can solve the problems you'll be doing in Calculus. But obviously you need to do them by hand for now.

thanks anons. i'm used to my threads being ignored

>TI

There's your problem.

50g when I need it. I only ever need it for my circuits class anymore, and even then that's becoming more rare

RPN or fuck off

Does everything. I have used the graphing and regression functions a lot in the real world on the job. The Statistical functions for data analysis are nice too.

Switched to Excel in the office mostly for work but when in the field the good old TI-83+ does everything.

Bought this thing in 2000 during highschool and have had to replace it once.

Costs money

Senior EE the TI-Nspire CAS comes in handy when working on problems requiring matrices with complex numbers but like someone already said if you know MATLAB / equivalent you should be fine

Kek

How do i get my 15 bucks back? I bought this shit calculator from a professor's recommendation but you have to pause in between key strokes or it won't register them.

You just have to press one at a time. You can do it quickly, just no overlap. I agree it's annoying though.

op's calculator can do rpn

Same as you. I have an 85 buried in a desk somewhere

how are the buttons on that baby?

>Not having rare TI 30XII
gitgud

youtube.com/watch?v=TlIqlaxs_sE

Not him but i own this one as well as the TI 30XIIS and the difference is like night and day. These buttons are smoooooth

I use the scientific calculator that I programmed myself. That's the benefit of being a CS stud!

Here is mine. Tried and true!

no it cant

TI-nSpire masterrace
Why universities don't allow graphical calculators in exams is beyond me

Standard high school calculators in Australia. You Australian?

kill me now

>australian edition

because you can store the answers ahead of time and it's too big of a pain in the ass to police

uq.edu.au/myadvisor/docs/exams/non-approved-calculators.pdf

Ti-89

>being both reverse AND Polish

calculators are the biggest fucking meme in the world. These things are literally worthless 1970's piece of technology, yet they force kids to fork out $$$ to buy something that has literally $0 tangible value. Your phone is a fucking super computer compared to these things why do they still exist, it makes me so fucking mad.

also stop using calculators and use your brain, there is no reason why you would need to use a calculator to learn any mathematics that isn't super applied, and by that stage you should be using actual computer packages.

Scientifics are fine and they're cheap. If you're using a graphing calculator you're not in a real math class.

This all the way.

Suppose you want to add interest to something.
Are you really going to use a computer software package to compute 1.044^23? That's pointless.

Calculators are meant for these kinds of intermediate-level computations that are trivial to do for a computer but are prohibitive to do by hand.

or a TI-84 if I might need to share for some reason

>using calculators for pleb problems
Hi millenials

>Your phone is a fucking super computer compared to these things why do they still exist, it makes me so fucking mad.

lol, bullshit. there isn't a single calculator phone app with a decent computer algebra system.

I'm obviously talking about the graphic calculator money making scam, use your phone to do your fucking taxes.

REEEEEEEEEEEE Wolfram alpha and sage shit on these calculators. Get the fuck out of Texas Instruments shill you've been fleecing school kids for far too long

We aren't allowed to use graphic calculators.

triggered math major detected.

>lol, bullshit.
Objectively, pretty much every CPU used in smartphones is many, many times faster than what you can buy in calculators.

>there isn't a single calculator phone app with a decent computer algebra system.
There's plenty available actually, I doubt you tried every single one of them. Also, most CAS I've used on calculators suck pretty bad as well, especially because you are running them on a fucking potato. Everything works nicely as long as all you do is integrating polynomials, but once you want to move to more complicated things the thing gets a stroke and you are stuck. Software available on computers, e.g. Mathematica, Maxima, Maple is so much more powerful, especially because there's a number of packages available that help you with the stuff where CAS are actually helpful or even essential, e.g. calculating matrix elements in QFTs.

And you shouldn't be. It's useless and it's damaging your intuition. Looking at a function you should be capable to imagine what it looks like.

>looking at a function you should be capble of imagine what it looks like
>forget what x^3 looked like on a quiz last week
>still getting 90%+ in calc 3

h-heh. nothing personnel

Ya these are one of the few calculators approved at my school and they're shit.

Get a Sharp EL 531 if you can, those things are baller

If I catch you using a graphics calculator in my calc 3 class I will smash it in front of you.

Theres a "test mode" which can be activated and removes all stored data + some functionality tho

You cant take it off either unless you plug it into a computer

Ok

this. if you can't see why curves look the way they do, you're too dumb for math and no calculator will save you

only for certain™ calculators

had this calculator in high school, and a ti-89 graphing calc.

boy i should have held onto that baby, but that x2 is pure shit. worst build quality in the world, i'm sure there's some Joinus chinese calculator that's better than this crap

Anyone know why Casio is shilling their shitty fx-115es Plus so hard?

>t. TI shill

no, i like old casio's, but desu there's no good calculator anymore

ghci

My calc teacher pushed the Ti-89 big time a spent a good part of every lecture showing how to input and solve what ever we were learning on the calculator.

50g or Mathcad prime 3.1

>taking Calc 3
>thinks he can shitpost with the best of em
Be careful kiddo