Who /fastfoodworker/ here?

Who /fastfoodworker/ here?

i used to be. what are you planning do with this thread?

Nothing

ah, so the same as with your career

Long John Silvers employee checking in, making the coleslaw is my specialty.

Not really, becoming a manager in a few months

Why don't you apply for a job at a fancy upscale restaurant?

I heard the pay is much better.

Who is that picture? Looks familiar

Because none are hiring where I live

One of the members of the FIVE boy band

ah, good for you. i couldn't believe it when i started and my store and heard that there were people working the same entry level position full time for 10+ years

Same where I work, people either bumped themselves down or didn't want the responsibility

Not positive, but appears to be the guy from primal driven YouTube channel.

It's the guy from FIVE

Are his eyebrows alright?

>didn't want the responsibility
i guess it's always the same with those people. bitch around how they don't make enough money yet are not willing to actually do something that makes them worth the better pay because it would actually mean more work or responsibilities
>bumped themselves down
excuse me, but what does that mean? i'm not familiar with that term

yes, they are perfectly fine. why do you ask?

Went from crew trainer/manager to crew member

It's literally not worth it in fastfood jobs.

Quit my subway job last night because I'm sick of homeless people wandering in looking for handouts
>Dude comes in asking for an application
>We don't have any you gotta go online
>Dude sticks around walking in circles while I'm dealing with customers
>"Hey could I get two bucks for a bus ticket?"
>Sob story, I say no and get back to work
>He keeps lingering at the counter
>Ho don't do it
>Hear a coin from the tip jar and shit goes red
I ended up jumping the counter and half tackling this guy just outside the door. I got my five bucks back but my knees were bleeding and I nearly got a concussion from hitting the concrete clenching this cunt's hoodie

Always put the coins on top of the bills

eh, i guess you may be right. at my place, the shift leaders made less money per month than the crew members because the shift leaders had a fixed salary while the crew members did a few hours overtime every week that they got paid for. still not sure if it's actually worth it or if both options suck

>went down from crew trainer
what, how? maybe it is because i worked at a shitty McD franchise store in a rather small town (100k people) but our crew trainers had almost no more work than the regular crew people since we had so few workers that the new ones mostly got trained by the regular but seasoned crew members

I'm a chef at Wendys and make 120k. Ask me anything

Honestly this practice should be illegal, a lot of fast food/grocery places do that in Australia. I knew a dude who took on management at retail chain and it burned him the fuck out because he'd work insane hours, with little consistency and then still be pushed by his manages to do more. Eventually he just lost it and up and left work apparently.

>tfw deliver driver
>tfw 70-80 bucks cash in hand for 5 hours of listening to podcasts in my car

They didn't want the responsibility so they asked to be retired from a crew trainer to a crew member because they "just wanted to work there"

How is Wendys? Is it nice? How is the food prepared?

Why not become a chef instead of a cook?

Join an actual restaurant, learn techniques and recipes.

>I ended up jumping the counter and half tackling this guy just outside the door
heh, that was part of the reason why i only worked the kitchen at my old fast food job but never the register. i tend to be a "hothead" and got into heated arguments with new workers who thought they could be smartasses from day one on. so my shiftleaders were actually worried i might jump over the counter and start a fight with guests who were assholes

>They didn't want the responsibility
well that was actually my point, at my shitty store the crew trainers had so little more responsibility compared to the regular crew members that you almost couldn't tell the difference so there wouldn't have been a reason to step down. i guess there must be a huge difference from my shit store to a "good" McD

I used to flip sandwiches

Does Starbucks count
I used to work at one on my Uni's campus
Most miserable working experience I've ever had, my only solace was giving away free food to regulars.