Saw this on the back of a bag of Crazy Bread

Saw this on the back of a bag of Crazy Bread.

Think there's any merit to it?

Why don't you go to the back and find out?

Yes, the one near me is fucking tiny and I've seen them mixing the dough.
Because their dough is objectively shit.
Which is why their pizza is so absurdly cheap.

>Think there's any merit to it?
Dough tastes better if it's aged at least a day. Use your critical thinking when it comes to sucking up marketing.

Every restaurant kitchen I've ever been in (not fast food) had a Hobart.

I worked in a Pizza hut in after highschool and before college, i can verify they make their pan dough morning. Best shift, you'd roll in at 6am, smoke a fat J, listen to music and be done at 4 before the rush. Basically just standing around all day

>roll in at 6am, smoke a fat J, listen to music and be done at 4
10h shifts? really? doesn't sound that pleasant

>proof
Heh

Before the recession, those kinds of shifts weren't so bad because you weren't dealing with doing the work of like 4 people alone on a shift.

it was a great way to make cash. from 6-10 you were alone, just standing there rolling dough balls and running them through the machine. from 10-12 it was dead and you were just setting up the store with someone else. from 12-4 you had a small lunch pop and mostly folded boxes. by the time everyone else arrived it was getting busy with orders and you were walking out the door. i always enjoyed 4 ten hour days, it was a 40 hour work week with three days off. the best was combinations of that with delivery shifts. you'd just spend you evening driving around town listening to tunes and dropping off pizzas. you'd end up with a pile of cash and, if it was busy, barely spent time in the shop.

They're actually pretty nice. Shifts usually mean most of the day is toast anyways, so having 10h ones just means you only work 3-4 times a week without really losing anything.

>4 ten hour days, it was a 40 hour work week with three days off
>having 10h ones just means you only work 3-4 times a week
ah i see, i guess in this case it isn't too bad, after all

The dough tastes like fucking cardboard

I'm a gm at little Caesars and it's true. We do make the dough every morning. It still tastes like garbage tho.

The deep dish pizzas are pretty decent, though.

Little Caesars isn't bad if its fresh
Nothing groundbreaking, but I can't think of a better way to spend 5 bucks

we also "mix our dough" in the backroom of the pizza joint where I work. It's not Little Caesars or a national chain though, just a local place in DC.

I'm sad they discontinued the pretzel crust.
That stuff actually heats up really well too, shove it in the oven for 10 minutes at 375 and its like you just bought it

>I can't think of a better way to spend 5 bucks

its like 50% cornmeal

who the fuck thought it was okay to use cornmeal in a pizza dough?

in fact, is there any situation where adding cornmeal to a dough makes it objectively better?

no probably not

Cornbread?

I delivered pizzas for a few years at Little Caesars, and yes it true. We made fresh dough every morning. We made sauce fresh every morning as well (although the sauce is just water mixed with bags of tomato paste-like stuff and a bag of spices). The majority of the vegetables are cut fresh as well (excluding black olive and pickled jalepeno). That shit came in cans.

Cornbread is more like dough than batter to be honest family

Fuck. Strike that, reverse it.

did anyone spit in the food?

No.. nobody actually does that. HOWEVER! One time I was delivering food to a regular nigger lady who was always a bitch and I ate one of her bread sticks on the way.

usually you toss it on a little cornmeal before you over the pizza so it wont stick and you dont have to worry about flower getting everywhere AND no clumps of flower on the bottom of the 'za

sounds like she would do one of those things where here head moves back and forth or side to side while saying EMMMHEEEMMM ; WHER MAH BREAD STEEK MUFUGGAH

Flour burns easier than cornmeal in those brick ovens. Raw uncooked flour used for dusting also tastes, well, raw and uncooked, where cornmeal is a little neutral and if anything gets toastier when cooked, or stays the same. Plus the larger grain of the cormeal acts like a hundred little rollerballs suspending that big damp doughy crust when you're sliding the pizza on and off the paddle into the hot oven, or turning it for even cooking. It brushes off kind of easily if it bothers you. I don't care much. The alternative is a ton of oil instead, which makes a whole different beast, more like a fried deep dish experience. I don't like a greasy crust for all pizzas. I like well done and crisp overall. Probably it won't bug you as much when you know the alternatives. But, I will say that some chefs are a bit more generous or dare I say fearful, when they toss some cornmeal down on the paddle.

domino's spread their dough out over cornmeal too.

t. former worker who made them

but little caesar's cornmeal is too fucking coarse. I sweat I've cracked teeth on it when biting otherwise soft pizza at the wrong angle.

When was that? I worked at pizza hut about 4 years ago and all that shit was frozen. You put it in the pan with some oil and spray the outer ring with cooking spray so it'll brown up better. After sitting over night, it would get proofed up the next day. Probably one of the grossest establishment's I've worked for, place closed down a year after I left.

A lot of chicago meme dish pizza's use cornmeal in the mix, but those places generally suck.

Yup. That's part of why Dominos does so well, they make it elsewhere and ship it to there stores, where it sits a bit in a wal kin before being used.

>OP actually took a picture of the back of a bag of Crazy Bread

>10h shifts? really? doesn't sound that pleasant

Try doing 12 hour swing shifts, its really fun

It was 04-06. The pan dough was made fresh everyday, the "hand tossed" came in boxes frozen, along with P'zone, the stuffed crust pizza, that XL bigfoot or whatever, the Foursquare (bitch to make) and the one with the tear off cheese stuffed crust. The thin crust was also frozen but didn't need to proof.

Maybe they changed what they did. After working there for so long I have never gone back to eat it again. I live in CT so we have plenty of delicious real pizza to eat.

>I live in CT so we have plenty of delicious real pizza to eat.

fuck yeah fellow CTfag here. zuppardi's in west haven is my goto.